Are you looking for a hair transplant overseas to save your money without quality loss? Do you want to know what are the best places for hair transplant abroad? Keep reading, compare the offers and choose the best country to get a hair transplant.
This Top Hospitals Ranking is composed by the Bookimed medical team based on 346 clinics comparison. We've chosen the hospitals below according to the following criteria: 1) our patient reviews, 2) clinic success rates, 3) doctors' experience, and 4) innovations to provide high-quality care. This information is given by hospital representatives and under their responsibility.
The Ranking aims to provide patients with awareness material to make an informed decision about places of skilled inpatient care and isn't a call to action. The choice is yours.
You can also compare hair implant prices worldwide.
According to Bookimed patient opinion,
Top 5 places to get hair transplant abroad are:
If you wonder which country is best for hair transplant, see the rating below.
Why is Turkey the best place for a hair transplant overseas?
The medical tourism in Turkey might be on its pick due to huge government investments in medicine and competitive prices.
Approx. 800,000 inbound patients choose Turkey for treatment annually.
At least 100,000 of them choose Turkey as the best place for hair transplant in the world each year. And this number is increasing.
- Low cost. Turkey offers hair transplant 2-3 times lower than in the European countries and some Asian (such as South Korea or Thailand), and 5 times lower than in the USA. According to the provided data by partner clinics, the approx. cost of hair transplant in Turkey is $1,600, in South Korea — $3,900, in Thailand — $8,000, in Europe — $4,000-$9,000, in the USA — up to $15,000.
- High success rate. The Turkish clinics we cooperate with provide up to 98% of hair transplant success rate.
- Fast treatment arrangement. Turkey is among the best countries to get a hair transplant as soon as possible according to Bookimed version. The arrangement of the travel to Turkey might take only several days, if a patient needs to have a procedure immediately.
- All-inclusive packages. Turkish clinics offer the cost of the procedure which also includes a transfer, accommodation, language assistance, and special cosmetic care products. In most of the cases, the clinics in other countries provide the price that includes only the procedure, medical consumables, and doctor's fee.
You can compare the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in Turkey here
Top places for hair transplant in Turkey according to Bookimed version:
Istanbul Aesthetics Plastic Surgery Center is a Turkish clinic specialized in aesthetic, plastic and dental procedures, hair transplant, and Brazilian butt lift, in particular.
The clinic offers the newest methods as Vaser liposuction, FUE and DHI hair transplants, PRP therapy for hair loss treatment.
Over 4,000 patients choose İstanbul Aesthetics for plastic procedures. Hair and beard transplant by local specialists is popular with patients from the UK, Italy, Lithuania, Spain, and Argentina.
Read an exclusive Oya Şişman's interview about hair and beard transplants at Istanbul Aesthetics.
Istanbul Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center offers to perform hair transplant from $1850 to $1950. The hospital ranking is 4.9 according to 42 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from United States of America, Russian Federation and Canada. The travel arrangement takes 1 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of hair transplant in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.Location: Esentepe Mah. Keskin Kalem Sk. No.1 Şişli / İSTANBUL
International Organization for Standardization
ISO International Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality.
Turkish Medical Association
The Turkish Medical Association (TMA) was established to improve public healthcare in Turkey. The association considers professional doctor competence, education, and training.
Patient choice for Hair transplant
The Bookimed patients have ranked this clinic as the best one for hair transplant in 2019.
Adem&Havva is among the best hair transplant clinics in Turkey due to:
- Top hair transplant doctor in Turkey. Dr. Safiye Kurt heads the hospital; she is the 1st Turkish certified hair plantation doctor in Turkey. Dr. Kurt is the first one in Turkey to conduct FUE hair transplant. She carried out a procedure for the UAE Minister of Health in 2012. She has over 24 years of experience and is a member of the European Society for Hair Research.
- Great experience. Adem&Havva Center has been conducted over 16,000 plastic surgeries.
- Top hair transplant center among international patients. People from 45 countries choose the center to have esthetic procedures.
- Comfortable conditions of stays. During a hair transplant procedure in Turkey, a patient stays in a 4-star hotel and feels completely comfortable.
Fill out a form on Bookimed to get a consultation or to book Adem&Havva for a hair transplant. This option is free.
Adem and Havva Medical Center offers to perform hair transplant from $1700. The hospital ranking is 4.7 according to 45 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation, Ukraine and United States of America. The travel arrangement takes 5 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of hair transplant in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.Location: Cumhuriyet, Cumhuriyet Mahallesi, İncirli Dede Caddesi, No:6/2 Anthill Towers, 34381 Şişli/İstanbul
Smile Hair Clinic is a specialized hair transplant center in Turkey, Istanbul. Specialists use Micro FUE method for hair transplantation of 4,000 grafts (bunches of 1-4 follicles) without any scars on the skin. Patients from the UK, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Germany, the UAE choose this hospital for hair transplant.
Read an exclusive interview of Dr. Mehmet Erdoğan telling about DHI, FUE, and Sapphire FUE hair transplants in Smile Hair Clinic.
Smile Hair Clinic offers to perform hair transplant from $2000. The hospital ranking is 4.8 according to 13 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. This hospital is typically chosen by patients from Russian Federation, United States of America and Canada. The travel arrangement takes 1 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of hair transplant in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.Location: Acıbadem Mahallesi. Çeçen Sokak no:52 Üsküdar/İstanbul TURKEY
If you look for some other places for a hair transplant abroad or want to go to Turkey, you can get a free consultation submitting a request on Bookimed page.
Why South Korea is among the best places for a hair transplant abroad?
About 50,000 international patients consider Korea as the best country for cosmetic surgery overseas, including hair transplant. It is the world capital for plastic surgeries regarding the number of performed operations and their quality.
- The world capital for cosmetic surgeries regarding the number of performed operations and their quality.
- Affordable prices. Korea offers more expensive medical services that Turkey (about $1,600) or India (approx. $1,300), but 2-3 times lower than the USA ($8,000-$15,000). So, South Korea is a great alternative place to get a hair transplant for American patients.
- Language barrier — a patient needs (who does not speak English) a language assistance.
- Package prices for a hair transplant is a rare option — transfer, interpreter's service, and accommodation are paid additionally.
You can compare the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in South Korea here
Best places to het hair transplant in South Korea according to Bookimed version
Seoul Queen Plastic Surgery is a plastic surgery clinic in Seoul, South Korea. Doctors specialize in liposuction, facial surgery, rhinoplasty, and blepharoplasty.
The clinic provides rhinoplasty with 3D CT screening — it increases procedure safety and shows the desirable result to a patient.
- 15 years with a 100% success rate. The safety of patients is the main principle of View Clinic in Korea. This means that a patient can entrust their health to View doctors and receive the best hair transplant in Korea.
- 3D modeling of the future result is applied in View Clinic, so a patient observes their future appearance before hair transplant.
- The clinic offers transfer, language assistance, and accommodations. These services are paid additionally that affects the hair transplant cost in this Korean clinic.
View Plastic Surgery Hospital offers to perform hair transplant from $6200 to $7100. The hospital ranking is 3 according to 1 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Seoul, Republic of Korea. The medical center provides a patient with translator, free airport-clinic transfer and free clinic-airport transfer. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of hair transplant in Republic of Korea and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.Location: 107, Bongensa-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Why is Thailand among the best countries for a hair transplant overseas?
Thailand is also among popular countries to get cosmetic procedures abroad. According to ISAPS, about 150,000 such operations are performed annually. A lot of people also consider Thailand as the best country for hair transplant overseas.
As Thai clinics report, Thailand is a top destination among patients from the USA, Europe, the UAE, Canada, Australia.
- Vast experience of doctors. A lot of local citizens get plastic surgeries that allow Thai doctors achieving the excellence in this field. Moreover, the specialists improve their skills of performing hair transplant abroad and then implement new knowledge in Thailand.
- Affordable prices. Thailand offers reasonable hair plantation prices — they are about the same as in European countries or South Korea, but about 2-4 lower than in the USA (up to $15,000), Canada (about $16,000), Australia (up to $30,000). A lot of patients from these countries consider Thailand an alternative and the best place for a hair transplant in the world.
- Combination of treatment and rest. Thailand is not only a top destination for hair transplant but also is a world-renown resort. So a patient can stay for a vacation in this country after a hair transplant.
You can compare the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in Thailand here
Top place to have hair transplant in Thailand according to Bookimed version
- Pattaya Hospitals is considered a "Cosmetic Surgery Clinic of the Year" according to the International Medical Travel Journal, an authoritative world's edition in the field of medical tourism. It confirms high quality of esthetic procedures in the hospital.
- The hospital has got "Quality in International Patients Care and Excellence in Medical Tourism" certificate given by Temos. This means that outbound patients receive high-quality medical service, including hair transplant, in Thailand.
- Pattaya specialists provide FUE hair transplant performed in a manual way and robotic one. FUE robotic ARTAS hair plantation allows transplanting a higher amount of grafts for 1 procedure. The robotic hair transplant cost in Thailand is 15-20% higher than a manual one.
- A hair transplant price for robotic FUE is $8 per graft at Pattaya Center in Thailand.
Submit a request to get a cost of hair replacement in Pattaya Hospital now.
If you consider Thailand as the best places for a hair transplant overseas and want to book a clinic, you can submit a request.
Why Poland is among the best countries for a hair transplant abroad?
This country is less popular for hair plantation than Turkey or Thailand, for instance. However Polish medical facilities offer affordable prices and provide highly-qualitative procedures. Some of them conduct the best hair plantation in the world (for example, Dr. Turowski Hair Restoration Clinic). So, Poland is also included in Bookimed ranking of the best places for hair transplant.
- Best prices in Europe. Poland offers cheap costs of the medical procedure due to the general price policy within the country. The hair transplant operation here is about 20-40% lower than in the Western European countries.According to Bookimed partner clinics, the hair transplant price in Germany is $4,400, in Switzerland $9,000. Moreover, the accommodation and meals here are also cheap.
- Top techniques for a hair transplant. The most innovative ARTAS robot is used in Polish medical facilities to conduct a FUE hair transplant. It is a device to put hair grafts more accurately than in a manual way.
- Developed infrastructure. Poland is easy to reach country for a hair transplant almost from any other point of the world. There are a lot of low-cost flights that significantly decrease travel charges.
- Mild climate. There are no extremely high or low temperatures, so people will feel comfortable during the recovery after a hair transplant in this country.
- Such services as language assistance, transfer, accommodation are not included in the price and paid additionally.
See the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in Poland here
Best places for hair plantation in Poland according to Bookimed version
San-Med Hair Transplant Center is a single-specialty clinic located in a Polish city Bielsko-Biała near Katowice and Krakow.
Doctors apply the most advanced hair transplant techniques — FUE allowing to transplant up to 3,000 grafts (approx. 12,000 hairs) at 1 session leaving no scars.
San-Med Hair Transplant Center is popular with patients from the UK, Germany, Sweden, and Russia.
- Dr. Turowski Hair restoration clinic is among the best ones in Poland. The newest hair transplant options such as FUE and FUE-Artas robotic hair plantations are applied there.
- Dr. Gregory Turowski is a founder and head of this Polish hair transplant clinic. He is the best hair transplant surgeon in Poland. Dr. Turowski was among first ones in the world to apply robotic Artas hair transplant. Hair plantation with robot is more accurate and allows transplanting a higher amount of grafts for one procedure.
- The doctor is included in the national "USA Top Surgeons" guide that confirms his professionalism and experience. Dr. Turowski studied at Yale and Harvard Universities, practiced in the leading American hospitals.
- Over 10,000 hair transplant procedures have been performed in the clinic. So, a patient can sure of receiving the best hair transplant in Poland.
- The hair transplant cost in this Polish clinic is about 10-15% lower than in the countries of Western Europe, and about 30-50% than in the USA.
If you consider Poland as the best places for a hair transplant overseas and want to book a clinic, submit a request.
Why is Lithuania among the best countries for a hair transplant abroad?
We have ranked Lithuania as the best country for hair transplant overseas due to its affordable prices and application of new technologies.
Worth noting that Lithuania is not very popular among international patients yet. However, this country is achieving excellent results in cosmetic surgery.
- Low costs. Hair transplant prices in Lithuania are among the lowest in Europe. It also concerns medical services, meals, accommodation.
- Low-cost flights within Europe. It may allow saving you much money on travel charges. For instance, the round-trip from London to Vilnius costs approx. $20-40, from Berlin to Vilnius about $35.
- Fast hair transplant arrangement. You can get a hair transplant in Lithuania within several days after the request on Bookimed.
- Limited number of hair transplant medical facilities.
- The country is not very popular among patients who want to get a hair transplant.
Joint Commission International
Joint Commission International (JCI) identifies, measures, and shares best practices in quality and patient safety in the world.
- Kardiolita has got a certificate that confirms the compliance with the demands of international standard — the Treatment Abroad Code of Practise for Medical Tourism.
- Kardiolita is the 1st medical center in the Baltic States that has received JCI certificate that proves the high quality of medical services.
- The clinic offers one of the cost-effective hair transplants in Europe. Doctors apply DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) method. It is similar to FUE techniques but lancet or other injuring surgical instruments are not applied. The local anesthesia is used; a patient can listen to music during the surgery.
- Kardiolita offers discounts for hair transplant till the 1 August 2019.
Kardiolita Private Hospital offers to perform hair transplant from $3500 to $11200. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 49 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Vilnius, Lithuania. The travel arrangement takes 3 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer and free clinic-airport transfer. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of hair transplant in Lithuania and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.Location: Laisvės pr. 64A, Vilnius 05263, Lithuania
You can compare the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in Lithuania here
This ranking combines the best places for hair transplant abroad according to Bookimed patient reviews. However, only a patient can decide which country is the best for hair transplant according to his/her preferences: budget, the location of a clinic, etc. But if you have any issues in choosing the best place to get a hair transplant in the world, feel free to ask Bookimed manager.
Ask Bookimed manager
Bookimed Men's Club is a place where you can find special offers, HOT deals, and discounts for aesthetic procedures. Share experience, get recommendations, read reviews.