The cost of a hair transplant may be a decisive criterion to have the procedure or not for some patients. In most of the cases, hair transplant is not covered by insurance, so all the expenses patients pay themselves. So, a high price of hair transplant operation forces people to look for cheaper options, often available overseas.
Because of this, Bookimed experts have analyzed the information provided by 38 hair transplant partner clinics in 11 countries, and chosen the cheapest places to have the procedure.
According to Bookimed version, the top 5 countries for cheap hair transplant are:
Bookimed provides free assistance in searching for clinics to get cheap hair transplant and arranging your medical trip. We have already helped 4,353 patients looking for a hair transplant abroad.
Submit a request on the platform to get all actual hair transplant deals.
This material has information purposes only and aims to tell about the most cost-effective skilled inpatient care. It isn't a call to action. The choice is yours.
All prices, saving rates, and other cost information given below have 3 independent sources:
- hospital representatives, who are responsible for price relevance and other info on the clinic
- the Bookimed medical team, which calculates saving rates according to data submitted by the rated medical facilities to make comparison and decision more comfortable
- official websites of authoritative organizations that provide cost peculiarities, facts, and figures.
Prices are approximate and may change according to the clinic's internal price policy and exchange rates. Note that the final cost is estimated by treating physician.
The hair transplant procedure is getting more popular with men and women each year because it allows looking more attractive and young, becoming more confident. According to ISHRS, about 635,000 hair transplant procedures are performed worldwide annually. The competition between clinics is growing, so they are forced to attract new patients reducing hair transplant costs. Below you can find money-saving offers and book the best one in your case.
Best hair transplant cost in Turkey
As IMTJ reports, 750,000+ medical tourists from 144 countries choose Turkey for treatment annually. The country attracts patients from over the world with:
- Affordable prices. The cost of hair transplant in Turkish medical centers is one of the lowest among Bookimed partner clinics. For instance, the cost of the procedure in Turkish clinics starts from $1,500, in South Korean — $3,900, in German — $4,500, in Swiss — $9,100, in the US — up to $15,000.
- Packages. The Turkish clinics offer not only affordable prices but also provide a patient with additional services (accommodation, transfer, language assistance) that are already included in the price.
Below you can find the cheapest offers for hair transplant according to the info provided by our partner clinics:
If you have any questions, you can always contact Bookimed medical coordinator to receive consultation regarding the procedure, prices, and trip arrangement.
Low-cost hair transplant in the UAE
starts from $1,360
Medical tourism in the UAE is rapidly growing. Only Dubai receives over 320,000 international patients annually. And this number is tending to grow. Hair transplant is among those procedures why inbound patients go to the UAE. The price of the procedure seems quite affordable — starting from $1,360 according to Bookimed partner clinic in Dubai.
However, note that this cost covers an only minimum number of grafts, so the price to correct advanced baldness may be much higher. You can specify it with Bookimed medical coordinator.
Cheap hair transplant in Lithuania
approx. price $3,400
Lithuania is a member of the European Union but the prices here are about 25% lower than in Western European countries. It concerns accommodation, food, and medical services.
For instance, the average price staying in Berlin (Germany) is $118, while in Vilnius — about $65 according to Booking.com.
The hair transplant cost is also affordable. Just compare, according to Bookimed partner clinics data, the cost of the procedure in Lithuania is $3,500, in Germany — $4,500, in Switzerland is even more higher — up to $9,000.
The cheap flights is also among reasons to get a hair transplant in Lithuania. According to Ryanair.com, the round-trip to Vilnius from any European country costs about $20-60 depending on a date.
Affordable hair transplant in Poland
One more country in Europe where you can find an affordable hair transplant cost is Poland. According to Bookimed partner clinics, the price for the hair plantation in Poland is from $4,800. It is 2 times cheaper than in Switzerland and the USA.
The travel expenses for patients within Europe are also affordable. You can get to Poland by bus or by plane. The round-trip cost from the majority of European countries is about $20-60 according to the data of FlixBus and Ryanair.
Cheap hair transplant in India
According to IMTJ, India accepts over 460,000 medical tourists every year. Cheap hair transplant and other cosmetic procedures are among reasons why patients visit the country. The prices for hair transplant in India are really attractive. As Bookimed partner clinics in India report, the cost of the procedure ranges between $750-$1,350. And this is one of the most affordable offers among our partners.
You can see what clinics offer the cheapest hair transplant in India below:
5 tips to choose the cheapest place for hair transplant
Often people think that cheap hair replacement means poor quality and are afraid to have the procedure at a lower price. Of course, it may take place. However, there are a lot of great offers that can save your money and bring the great result. Below you can find some recommendations, that may help you to choose the best place for cheap hair transplant and minimize risks:
- Check the clinic's certification. You need to get maximum information about a particular hair transplant center. It must have certifications and accreditation that approve the high standards of medical services.
- Doctor's experience. Always check a doctor's CV and find info about his/her education, experience, additional training, and international practice. Some highly-experienced doctors may have thousands of hair transplant on his/her account.
- Choose the most appropriate country. While selecting the cheapest country to get a hair transplant, it is important to understand which region is the most appropriate for you depending on travel time and budget. In some cases, the ticket charges to some countries can increase the total price of hair transplant significantly. Bookimed Care Department provides an assistance to book tickets and accommodation at the lowest price. So, you save time and money.
- Request before and after photos. Before choosing a clinic for hair transplant, it is important to understand what the result you can expect. Before and after photos of patients can help you with this task. If you do not like the outcome, better continue searching for another doctor or a clinic.
- Read patient's reviews. The experience of real people will help to choose the cheapest place for hair transplant without quality loss. You can also read verified feedbacks on Bookimed website.
What does the affordable hair transplant cost depend on?
The price for a hair transplant is individual. Some clinics (like Turkish ones) offer hair transplant package prices, so a patient does not need to worry about any additional charges. But other facilities often provide the initial hair transplant cost, so the final expenses are often higher. There are such factors which affect the hair transplant price:
- Price policy of the country/clinic. If you want to find the cheapest hair transplant in the world, pay attention to countries with affordable price policies. Obviously, that the USA, Canada, Germany, Switzerland and other countries offer expensive medical services because the income of local citizens and social standards of living are very high. Choosing Turkish, Indian, Thai, or hospitals of Eastern Europe, you can save 20-50 % of your money.
- The hair transplant technique. The most common hair transplant methods are FUE and FUT (or strip). The last one is cheaper than FUE because of scarring possibility and higher injury rate. The robotic FUE-ARTAS will be the most expensive one due to the high accuracy (up to 99%) and the greater number of grafts transplanted per one procedure.
- Baldness stage. The higher hair loss grading is, the more grafts are required. The hair transplant will get much cheaper if your area of baldness is small. Only a doctor can say the volume of operation and calculate the final cost.
- Plastic surgeon's experience. As a rule, reputable doctors ask for higher fees. You can choose a specialist with less outstanding reputation and get a cheap hair transplant. But previously, carefully read their CV and patient reviews.
What does the low-cost hair transplant include?
In most of the cases, the hair transplant price includes:
- the procedure itself
- doctor's fees
- required medical consumable materials.
Some clinics offer hair transplant packages which cover expenses for transfer, language assistance, accommodation, and meals. Such "all-inclusive" offers allow saving 10-20% additionally and receiving low-cost hair transplant.
To sum up, the cheapest places for hair transplant without the quality loss are some clinics in India, Turkey, Lithuania, Poland, and the UAE. They have all appropriate certificates that confirm the high level of medical standards available at affordable prices.
You can get more information on hair transplant and receive a personalized quote sending the request: