- Statistics of medical tourism in India
- Why do patients prefer treatment in India?
- Popular specialties for medical tourism in India
- Top private hospitals in India for medical tourism
- Best doctors in India
- Cost of healthcare tourism in India
- How to undergo treatment in India?
- Medical tourism in India: patients’ reviews
The material shows medical tourism trends and describes the leading expert-opinion-based specialties in the country. This information relies on the Bookimed statistics, patient reviews, analysis of the health tourism characteristics in 28 countries, data compiled from multiple variable sources: IMTJ, the Ministry of Health, NCBI.
The report aims to specify health care peculiarities for international patients in a particular country, patients' preferences and factors that affect their choice. It is not a call to action — use it for informational purposes only.
Statistics of medical tourism in India
Each year, Indian hospitals accept over 460,000 foreign patients. According to the Global Health Workforce Alliance (GHWA), India belongs to TOP-5 countries for medical tourism. Patients come for treatment from the following countries:
Medical tourism in India is getting more popular each year. Let’s consider why India is so attractive to international patients.
Learn about medical tourism in other countries: