Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the world, as ISAPS reports. Over 1,600,000 procedures are performed annually. It means that 5,000 women improve their breasts every day to become more attractive! Do you want to become one of them, enjoy your reflection in the mirror and feel sexy?
In this article, you will know how much a boob job is in different countries and clinics, find cost-effective breast augmentation offers, and how to get an appointment with a doctor. The info is provided Bookimed partner clinics.
This material has information purposes only and aims to tell about the most cost-effective skilled inpatient care. It isn't a call to action. The choice is yours.
All prices, saving rates, and other cost information given below have 3 independent sources:
- hospital representatives, who are responsible for price relevance and other info on the clinic
- the Bookimed medical team, which calculates saving rates according to data submitted by the rated medical facilities to make comparison and decision more comfortable
- official websites of authoritative organizations that provide cost peculiarities, facts, and figures.
Prices are approximate and may change according to the clinic's internal price policy and exchange rates. Note that the final cost is estimated by treating physician.
Breast enlargement offers worldwide
We have composed the table with breast augmentation surgery prices in 15 countries to let you choose the most appropriate option as for you. You can find the most affordable boob job cost in Turkey, India, the Czech Republic, Mexico, the UAE and the most expensive in Switzerland, Austria, the USA. The prices are provided by Bookimed partner clinics.
Boob job cost (approximate)
The given boob job pricing is approximate. The cost may change depending on the surgery complexity and price policy in a particular clinic. Bookimed does not determine the exact price, only a clinic can provide you with a detailed cost estimate. See more offers below.
Breast augmentation cost in Turkey
According to the clinic's data, the breast augmentation cost in Turkey is among the most affordable — it starts from $2,300 and includes hotel stay, transfer, language assistance, etc. For comparison, the same procedure in Thailand costs about $6,000, in South Korea — $7,500, the USA— $12,000, Switzerland — $15,000. Except the low breast enhancement price, Turkey also attracts patients by:
- Excellent service. Turkey is well-known for its hospitality and high-level of tourism service. Medical tourism is not an exception. Local clinics do their best to attract international patients and make their stay comfortable. This allows people to concentrate not on some arrangement issues but on the perfect result after breast augmentation.
- Experienced doctors. Most of the Turkish doctors care a lot about the reputation, so they invest in their professional development, practice overseas, and become members of international societies of plastic surgeries. This helps them to follow the latest trends in breast augmentation and use the latest technologies.
See the breast augmentation offers below to get an operation in Turkey.
ᐈᐈᐈ Bookimed Beauty is a place where you can find special offers, HOT deals, and discounts for aesthetic procedures. Share experience, get recommendations, read reviews.
Breast enhancement price in Mexico
ranges between $3,500-$3,800
As IMTJ reports, over 1.2 million patients visited Mexico to receive medical services. 70% of them are from the USA. According to ISAPS, more than 100,000 breast augmentations are carried out in Mexico annually. The main reason for such popularity is low prices — patients have plastic surgeries 30-50% cheaper than in the USA.
Among the benefits of having breast augmentation in Mexico also are:
- Convenient location. Patients from the USA can reach the country by plane quite fast spending minimum time and money. According to American Airlines site, it costs about $500.
- Doctor's experience. Some plastic surgeons in Mexico have decades of experience, and some even practice for years without severe side effects or postoperative complications. Still, you need to be attentive while choosing a breast augmentation specialist — always check the doctor's CV and portfolio.
Find the boob job prices in Mexico below:
Breast augmentation price in Thailand
ranges between $3,300-$6,000
Thailand is among the top destinations for medical tourism in the world. According to IMTJ data, over 3.4 million people visit Thailand each year. This is like the whole population of Los Angeles, Berlin or Milan. People go to Thailand to get affordable but high-quality treatment and plastic surgeries, including breast augmentation. According to Bookimed partner clinics data and open online sources, the cost of breast augmentation in Thailand is considered a medium level, and is about $3,500-$6,000. For comparison, the boob job price in the USA costs up to $12,000, in China — $14,000, Canada — about $15,000. Even with travel expenses, the breast enhancement cost in Thailand seems affordable.
Thailand is also frequently visited by medical tourists due to:
- Modern clinics. According to clinics data Bookimed cooperates with, they are equipped according to the strict international demands that may guarantee the high quality of cosmetic operations. However, always check the clinic's reputation and choose the medical center according to patient reviews, before and photos, not the breast augmentation price.
- Picturesque nature. Thailand is a popular exotic resort, so international patients have good opportunity to combine cosmetic procedure with vacation in case there is no contraindication to activity and sunbathing.
Compare the breast augmentation offers in the leading Thai clinics (according to Bookimed ranking):
How much does a breast boob job in South Korea?
ranging between $4,700-$8,000
The prices of boob job in South Korea are medium-high level. The cost is reaching up to $8,000. However, some big hospitals may ask for $15,000 according to the clinics' data. Despite a quite high price, South Korea is considered the world's plastic surgery capital. The esthetic procedures are so common here people even present a plastic surgery as a gift. So, local doctors are really experienced because perform hundreds of breast augmentations and other operations. According to IMTJ, South Korea is a top destination of medical tourism in Asia.
The cost of breast augmentation in South Korea usually includes implants, doctor's fees, medications. Accommodation, transfer, interpreter are usually paid additionally, so a patient has to calculate all expenses properly.
Choose the breast augmentation offers below:
How expensive in a boob job in the Czech Republic?
The Czech Republic is among a few countries of the European Union with affordable prices for accommodation, products, medicine, and plastic surgery as well. Despite low price policy, the quality of goods and services there comply with strict European demands. The cost of breast augmentation is also quite affordable — it is about $3,200 with implants included according to FORME clinic data. For comparison, the same procedure in Spain (Teknon Medical Center) costs $11,000, in Switzerland (Lemanic Clinic) — $15,000.
The price is not only the reason why patients go to the Czech Republic. The main benefit is cheap plane tickets within Europe. The round trip costs from London or Berlin to Warsaw costs about $20-$50 depending on a date, according to Ryanair.
The breast augmentation cost offer in the Czech Republic:
What does breast implant surgery cost include?
The list of services included in the breast enhancement price changes from clinic to clinic. Some medical centers offer more extensive packages, and some — include only primary options. The packages can be conditionally divided into basic, medium, and extensive ones:
Basic package usually includes:
- pre- and postoperative tests
- consultation with a doctor
- breast enhancement operation
- 1 day of admission
- all services in the medium package
- accommodation in 3-5 star hotels
- language assistance
- compressive garment.
To know what the boob job price includes, you can get a consultation by submitting a request.
Does the insurance cover boob job price?
Breast augmentation is determined as a cosmetic procedure in most of the cases (except situations, when it is indicated for medical purpose). So, the insurance won't cover expenses related to the boob augmentation in case you just want to have your breasts bigger.
What affects boob job price?
Breast augmentation prices depend on many factors. Among them are:
- A country where you are going to have breast enhancement. According to Bookimed partner clinics data, the lowest breast augmentation costs is in India, Turkey, Thailand — it is 2-3 times less than in Europe and 5-7 times than in the USA. Such an affordability is explained by general price policy in these countries and local citizens’ income. Still, the quality of breast augmentation surgery in Turkey, India, Thailand, Europe, America, South Korea is about the same level.
- Breast augmentation clinic. The boob job price can be different in the clinics within one country. This is due to the prestige of particular medical facilities, international recognition, numerous certificates. In this case, the breast enhancement cost will be 5-10% higher than the average one in the country.
- Doctor’s experience. Specialists, who have vast experience in breast augmentation surgery, practice in top plastic surgery clinics, have a lot of positive reviews from patients, may ask for higher breast job cost.
- Type of implants. If a patient is prescribed silicone ones, the boob implants cost will be higher.
- Necessity of the breast lift. Sometimes, the breast enhancement may be combined with the breast lift to achieve the best esthetic result. Ask your doctor about it to be ready for paying breast lifting and augmentation cost.
- Services. Some clinics offer free transfer and language assistance (for instance, Turkish ones). But in most cases, these services are not included in the breast job price.
Pay attention that some clinics may offer special breast enlargement prices. They may save up to 20% of your charges.
Should I do a breast augmentation cheaper?
There are a lot of affordable breast augmentation offers worldwide. And you really can get not expensive but qualitative procedure.
In case of plastic surgery, the price is not always a key factor.
Crucially important ones are doctor's experience, clinic's brand reputation, implants quality. So, often, even paying less, you can receive the perfect result. But you need to always take into account plastic surgeon's professionalism, checking the reviews, and before-and-after photos of patients. Remember that safety is your priority, not the boob job price.
How can I be sure that I will be satisfied with a result?
First of all, a plastic surgeon will provide you with a portfolio of his/her works, so you can estimate what you will receive. Also, before the surgery, a doctor makes a 3D-modelling of future breasts taking into account all your preferences. This service may be already included in the breast augmentation cost, but not in all cases. Submit a request on Bookimed to know more about this option.
Before and after photos breast augmentation
Istanbul Aesthetics Clinic, Turkey
Salutaris Medical Center, Mexico
FORME Clinic, Czech Republic
View Plastic Surgery Clinic, South Korea
JK Plastic Surgery Clinic, South Korea
What is an average boob job price?
According to the data on Bookimed website, the average cost of breast augmentation is $7,800. The price is calculated according to the information provided in 80+ clinics located in 19 countries.
If you want to get breast enhancement cheaper, submit a request. Bookimed medical coordinator will choose the best offer for you according to your financial ability and other preferences.
Breast augmentation: step-by-step
You need to stay in the country to have breast augmentation for about 6-8 days to have an operation, a consultation with a doctor before and after surgery. Usually, the breast augmentation consists of such steps according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
Step 1. Preoperative preparation. You make blood tests, take prescribed medications, hold back from smoking, and taking aspirin or recreational drugs.
Step 2. You arrive at a clinic and consult with a doctor. You discuss the future result. A specialist makes a 3D-modeling of your new breast and approves the image with you. The 3D-modeling may be not included in the breast augmentation surgery cost; it depends on the chosen clinic.
Step 4. A doctor assigns a procedure date, usually the next day after a consultation.
Step 5. Before a breast enhancement, a patient is anesthetized. General anesthesia or intravenous sedation is applied. Usually, the breast augmentation cost already includes this charge.
Step 6. A doctor makes an incision. It can be made under the breast, around the areola or through the armpit — the places where small scars won’t be visible.
Step 7. Placing the breast implants, a doctor inserts the implant in 2 ways:
- under the pectoral muscle
- directly behind the mamma gland, over the pectoral muscle.
The way of implant placing depends on the implant type and whether a woman plans breastfeeding in future. For such a case, the implant is placed right under the mamma gland.
Step 8. A doctor carefully stitches the incision. Over the time, the incision trace will fade.
Step 9. Estimating the result. The result of the breast enhancement is visible just after the surgery.
Step 10. You stay in the hospital for 1 day, then you are discharged. The stitches are removed in 7 days after the procedure.
A patient needs to stay in a chosen country for at least 7-10 days. Considering this time, plan your charges needed except for breast augmentation prices.
Saline vs. silicone implants
There are two main types of breast implants:
1. Saline implants are those filled with sterile salt water.
Advantages of saline implants:
- According to FDA (Food and Drug Administration), they are allowed for women aged over 18.
- Low price. Saline boob implants cost is 30-40% lower than silicone breast implants cost.
- Less scarring. Saline implants are deflated when a surgeons places them. So, the required incision is less in size compared with silicone implants.
Disadvantages of saline implants:
- Worse cosmetic result. Saline implants look less natural than silicone ones.
- Increased risk for big saline implants to slide down. Nevertheless, it is just a chance, so a majority of women live comfortably with saline implants.
2. Silicone implants are filled with a silicone gel. The consistency of this gel is similar to the mamma gland.
Advantages of silicone implants:
- More natural look and sensations compared to saline implants.
- Even big silicone implants have a low risk of sliding down.
Disadvantages of the silicone implants:
- Higher price. Silicone boob implants cost is 30-40% higher than saline ones.
- FDA (Food and Drug Administration) allows using silicone implants at the age over 22.
- Regular follow-up after the boob job surgery. A woman with silicone implants has to visit a plastic surgeon regularly to make sure that the implants function properly. Among the diagnostic procedures are ultrasound and MRI. All these also affect the boob job price in future.
Recovery after breast implantation
Recovery after the breast augmentation surgery is compulsory. According to Bookimed partner clinics data, it includes such steps:
Step 1. Admission
On average, the in-hospital stay takes 1 day. This time is enough to detect any postsurgical complications such as bleeding or unexpected reaction on anesthesia. The next day after the surgery, a doctor examines the breasts, applies a bandage and gives follow-up recommendations. The 1-day admission is usually included in the boob job price.
When can I return to a normal life (daily routine deals, sex, swimming)?
You can fly in 7 days after breast augmentation. So, there are no problems if you decide to have the boob job abroad. You can return to the gym, sauna and swimming pool only in 3 months. Light physical exercises are allowed in 3-5 weeks after the surgery depending on a patient’s condition. You can have sex at least in 1 month.
Step 2. Compression garments
Right after the surgery, a doctor puts an elastic bandage on the breasts. It fixes the mamma glands and reduces swelling. Then, a specialist replaces the elastic bandage with a compression garment. It is necessary to wear a compression garment for 3-4 weeks 24/7 to speed up the recovery. The garment is not usually included in the breast enlargement cost and is paid additionally.
Step 3. Removing the stitches
The stitches are removed in 5-7 days after the surgery. So, a woman needs to visit a doctor one more time.
Step 4. Sleeping manner
The first 7 days after the breast enlargement, you have to sleep on the back.
Step 5. Limit of physical exercises
It is forbidden to exercise for several weeks after the surgery. Only a doctor decides when and how you can start going in for sport.
Step. 6. Massage
Massage is usually prescribed to speed up the healing process and normalize blood circulation. Massage is not included in the breast enhancement cost.
A woman returns to a normal life in 2-3 weeks after the surgery. The swelling and hematomas completely disappear in 1.5-2 months.
Get a consultation with a plastic surgeon