cereneo is a Swiss center specializing in rehabilitation after stroke, head, and spinal injuries. Neurorehabilitation specialists here restore patients' musculoskeletal system and speech functions.
Patients from the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Germany, and the UK most often choose the center to get therapies.
local_hospital Medical procedures Included keyboard_arrow_down
local_hotel Individual chamber
card_giftcard Bonus keyboard_arrow_down
favorite_border 24/7 Bookimed assistance keyboard_arrow_down
done Personal medical coordinator
done Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
done Patient advocacy during a medical travel
The cost is individual for each treatment program. To get a cost estimate and treatment program right for you, submit a request. It’s free and doesn’t oblige you to have a medical trip.
Last price update — 18.11.2019. Prices can be changed depending on the medical case and doctor's recommendations.
Date of content creation: 11.11.2019 · Last update: 20.11.2019 info
cereneo was founded in 2012 in the Vitznau municipality on the shore of Lake Lucerne. Alpine nature, thermal waters, and fresh air create a supportive environment for the speedy recovery of patients.
cereneo strong points
- Individual approach. Every patient has a rehabilitation program developed exclusively for his/her needs.
- Robotic systems. The clinic applies innovative rehabilitation devices that accelerate the recovery process of the musculoskeletal system.
- The utmost care. The medical team has numerous staff and accounts 3 times more doctors than patients, so everyone who undergoes rehabilitation gets the highest attention.
- Inhouse research institute — cefir. Its specialists develop and test new therapeutic methods, the most effective of which are used to treat patients of the center.
Technologies applied at cereneo
cereneo neurorehabilitologists use modern robotic systems that allow to work out limbs. To monitor the dynamics of treatment, doctors use motion sensors that help to fix the patient's condition and balance.
Among them are:
- The Armeo Power Exoskeleton. It helps to work out arms, improves muscle tone, increases the amplitude of joints movement.
- The ZeroG System for gait, body movements, and balance coordination. The system supports the patient's body, eliminating the risk of falling.
- The Parker Indego Exoskeleton. It aims to support patients with brain or spinal cord injuries to learn walking again. The robot puts legs in motion, distributing the load and training the balance.
- The Erigo simulator. It maintains a vertical position of the body, and the patient adapts to physical activity. Exercises with Erigo prepare the lower limbs for the next step in restoring walking.
- Lokomat Treadmill Training. This device has different speeds adjustable for legs. A doctor prescribes this therapy to train the patient's brain control walking independently.
Sensor devices and feedback sensors help the doctor to analyze the patient's condition during or after treatment in everyday life.
To restore patients after a stroke, clinic doctors use robotic devices in combination with the following types of therapy:
- non-surgical brain stimulation — a method of restoring muscle strength and speech
- speech therapy — training of talking and swallowing function
- neuropsychology — a set of exercises to correct the memory, abstract thinking, attention.
Additionally, a patient is consulted by various specialists who give recommendations for lifestyle correction and develop a maintenance therapy program for home performing.
Services for international patients
- Support with transportation incl. air
- Coordinators assistance
- Language assistance if required
- Facilities for accompanying people to stay in the patient's room or the partner 5-star Park Hotel Vitznau.
What specialties in the hospital are the most demanded?
What procedures do patients have most often?
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7