CHA Fertility Center
CHA Fertility Center is the largest medical facility for infertility treatment in Asia. The clinic is located in Seoul, the capital of South Korea.
CHA doctors specialize in IVF, preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) to identify the defects in embryos and choose the healthy ones; preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) to study the embryo during IVF and help to have a healthy baby; male infertility treatments.
Medical staff provide international patients with VIP services. Personal manager accompanies each patient at all stages of treatment.
Over 20,000 couples have children with the help of CHA Fertility Clinic.
Last price update — 14.02.2019. Prices can be changed depending on the medical case and doctor's recommendations.
Date of content creation: 07.11.2018 · Last update: 09.04.2019 info
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- PGD and PGS — what is this and how does it help?
- Men infertility treatments
CHA Fertility Medical Group was founded in Los Angeles (USA) in 2002. Nowadays CHA medical centers provide treatment in the USA, Japan and South Korea.
In 2015, CHA Fertility Center in Seoul was established. For today it is the largest IVF center in Asia concerning the number of patients.
BENEFITS OF CHA FERTILITY CENTER IN SEOUL
- Innovative IVF methods.
- VIP services.
- Comfortable stay.
CHA doctors perform not only traditional in vitro fertilization but such new techniques as intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). Both methods help to choose the fastest and most active spermatozoon that increases chances for an egg fertilization.
Medical manager will support you at all stages of treatment.
The luxurious interior of the clinic and rooms will put you in the mood for successful results of IVF.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF CHA FERTILITY CLINIC
CHA Fertility Center in Seoul has a certificate from the South Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare for complying with 120 points of safe therapy standards. CHA Clinic is the only facility for infertility therapy among 368 other ones in Korea that has got such a certification.
IN VITRO FERTILIZATION (IVF) AT CHA FERTILITY CENTER
The most widespread indications for the procedure are:
- fallopian tube damage or blockage
- previous tubal sterilization or removal
- impaired sperm production or function
- ovarian failure
- spermatozoon rejection by the female body.
Each IVF procedure consists of 4 steps:
- Ovarian stimulation. A woman takes hormonal drugs to stimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. Each month a single egg develops. But some eggs don’t fertilize or develop normally. So more eggs are, more chances for fertilizing are. Medication taking lasts 8-22 days and is under the strict supervision of doctors to avoid the risk of complications at this stage.
- Egg and sperm retrieval. On days 10-22, a doctor performs transvaginal ultrasound aspiration to identify the follicles and retrieve the eggs. A woman is under local anesthesia during the procedure, so does not feel pain and discomfort. Meanwhile, in the lab specialists separate the sperm (your partner’s or donor) from the semen fluid.
- Fertilization. Specialists usually apply insemination (sperm and eggs are mixed and incubated for a night) or ICSI — intracytoplasmic sperm injection (sperm is injected directly in each egg).
- Embryo transfer. The doctor inserts the embryo into the uterus using a thin tube through the cervical canal. A woman is under sedation, without anesthesia, because the procedure is painless.
After the procedure, you go on your usual daily activities. However, you may face some side effects after IVF such as breast tenderness, mild bloating or cramping, constipation. If you feel pain after the embryo transfer, contact your doctor.
Schematic of basic steps involved in the in vitro fertilization process at CHA Fertility Center
PGD AND PGS — WHAT IS THIS AND HOW DOES IT HELP?
PGD — preimplantation genetic diagnosis
This procedure allows parents with chromosomal abnormalities (such as Down syndrome) or genetic diseases to have a healthy child.
PGD is carried out before the embryo transfer into the uterus. Reproductive specialists examine the embryo under a microscope and find out the reasons of developmental disorders. Doctors perform IVF using only healthy embryos.
PGS — preimplantation genetic screening
Indications for PGS: a woman’s age is over 35 years, cases of miscarriages in the past, reduced sperm count (oligospermia) in men.
MALE INFERTILITY TREATMENTS AT CHA FERTILITY CENTER IN SEOUL
A man undergoes the examination to determine the cause of infertility. According to the results of the diagnosis, a doctor conducts one of the procedures:
- M-TESE is a sperm extraction method using a fine needle.
- IUI — intrauterine insemination, the introduction of spermatozoon directly into the woman uterus.
- ICSI — selection of the most mobile sperm and its connection with the egg in the test tube.
SERVICES FOR INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS
- VIP support
Patients have a personal assistant that helps them to go through all the stages of IVF and organizes additional services — transfers, excursions.
- Recovery rooms
After the embryo transfer, a woman has a rest in a separate room that increases the effectiveness of conception.
Greenhouse at CHA Fertility Center
What specialties in the hospital are the most demanded?
What treatments do patients most often ask for?
What procedures do patients have most often?
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7