The Cleveland Clinic
About Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic is the largest multidisciplinary hospital in Ohio. It is recognized as one of the best medical institutions in the USA and the world. The Cleveland Clinic is the 2nd hospital in the USA according to U.S. News & World Report for the applying the latest technology and new therapies. Cleveland Clinic in Ohio is considered as TOP in the USA for treatment of urological, cardiological disorders and performing heart surgeries. Other specialties (oncology, gynecology, gastroenterology, etc.) are in TOP 10 for the quality of treatment.
Cleveland Clinic consists of 10 regional hospitals which accept patients from 170 countries annually.
- Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Neurological Institute
- Orthopedic & Rheumatologic Institute
- Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute
- Ob/Gyn & Women’s Health Institute
The Cleveland Clinic in Ohio was founded in 1921. It has own research institute where specialists conduct biochemical developments. Annually the Hospital publishes TOP-10 medical discoveries list. According to the patients' reviews of the Cleveland Clinics, all medical services are provided at the highest level.
The doctors of the Cleveland Clinic were the first in the world who performed:
- coronary artery bypass surgery in 1967
- larynx transplant in 1998
- transplant of the face in 2008
- transvaginal removal of the kidney in 2009.
Among celebrities who underwent treatment in the Hospital were Silvio Berlusconi, Oprah Winfrey, Prince Charles, Liza Minelli, kings of Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
Cleveland Clinic in figures
- over 65,000 medical staff
- 10 regional hospitals
- 7,000,000 patients annually
- 200,000 surgeries annually
- 18 full-service family health centers.
Awards of the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio
No.2 Hospital in the USA
Cleveland Clinic is ranked the No.2 hospital by U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” Survey in 2017/2018.
No.1 Hospitals for cardiology in the USA
Cleveland Clinic is ranked the No.1 hospital for treatment of cardiac disorders by U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” Survey in 2017/2018.
Cleveland’s Cancer Center is ranked the No.1 in Ohio and No.7 in the USA for cancer care according to the U.S News and World Report. It means that the Center provides a wide range of medical services and clinical trials at the highest level. It is a member of Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) which supports new research for cancer treatment. The treatment program of Cleveland’s Cancer Center has got an accreditation from the American College of Surgeons.
There are over 450 highly professional doctors specialized in the treatment of different types of cancer.
Heart & Vascular Institute (Cleveland’s Cardiology Center) is one of the largest cardiac and thoracic hospitals in the world. It is the best one for treatment of cardiovascular disorders in the USA. Since 1995 it has been considered as No.1 Heart Center according to the U.S. News & World Reports Ranking.
Clevelend's operating room
Over 300 medical, surgical and scientific specialists in neurology work at Cleveland. They provide treatment for children and adults. According to the U/S News & World Report’s “America’s Best Hospitals”, Neurological Institute is in the list of TOP-10 clinics in Ohio.
The doctors of Neurological Center treat primary and metastatic tumors of the brain and spine, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, carotid stenosis, stroke, etc.
The Orthopedic & Rheumatologic Institute is No.3 in the USA according to the U.S. News & World Report. The specialists of the Cleveland's Center provide diagnostics, treatment, and rehabilitation of bone, joint, connective tissue disorders, immunologic and rheumatic diseases.
Doctors of the Center perform over 7,000 knee, hip, ankle, shoulder, wrist, elbow, finger joint replacements annually. It is one of the highest volumes in America. Specialists widely use tissue-engineering and biological materials to repair and cure ligaments and cartilages.
Hall the at the Cleveland Clinic
The doctors of the Urological and Kidney Center provide treatment of urological and nephrological disorders applying minimally invasive and scarless surgical procedures. Urologists and neurologists of the Cleveland Clinic are internationally recognized specialists for excellence in treatment, care, and research.
The urology treatment programs are ranked as No.1 and nephrology ones as No.2 in the USA according to the U.S. News & World Report.
The Cleveland Clinic gynecology doctors offer programs for the treatment of infertility, gynecologic cancers, incontinence, etc. The Ob/Gyn & Women’s Health Institute also provides complex surgery to remove malignant neoplasms.
The Gynecology Center of Cleveland is among top-rated centers in Ohio according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2018.
The Cleveland Clinic provides foreign patients with such services:
- Language assistance. For additional payment, patients who do not speak English can order an interpreter speaking Arabic, Portuguese, Serbian, Greek, Italian, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Japanese, Spanish. The interpreter provides communication with medical staff, helps with appointments, consultations, medical reports.
Accommodation at the Cleveland
- Payment options. A patient can pay medical services using self-payment, health insurance, embassy sponsorship.
- Transfer. The Hospital provides patients with a transfer from/to airport for an additional payment. The Cleveland Clinic is located 15 miles (30 minutes by car) from the Cleveland airport.
- Accommodation. There are 3 comfortable hotels on the territory of the Cleveland Campus.