Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre
Dr. Rela Hospital is a multidisciplinary medical facility in Chennai, India. Dr. Mohamed Rela, a founder of the hospital, is listed in The Guinness Book of Records for liver transplant in a 5-day baby.
Liver Transplant, Oncology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, and Gastroenterology are key specialties here.
Dr. Rela Institute & Medical Centre is a new facility, equipped with the latest devices for diagnostics and treatment. Among them MRI, CT, PET-CT, Da Vinci robotic system, linear accelerators for tumor irradiation with up to 1 mm accuracy.
Last price update — 28.02.2015. Prices can be changed depending on the medical case and doctor's recommendations.
Date of content creation: 26.02.2019 · Last update: 23.12.2019 info
A top world's transplant surgeon Mohamed Rela opened the hospital in 2018. The doctor has performed over 4,000 liver transplant surgeries for 30 years, and nowadays Dr. Rela is one of the most experienced surgeons in this field across the world.
In 1997, Dr. Rela conducted a liver transplant for a newborn 5-day girl from Ireland. This unique surgery was captured in The Guinness Book of Records.
Advantages of Dr. Mohamed Rela Hospital
- Experienced doctors carry out the treatment of patients by a top world transplant surgeon management — Dr. Mohamed Rela. Surgeons who perform operations have at least 10 years of practical experience.
- New equipment, wards, and rest areas. Dr. Rela Hospital was opened in September 2018. That is why it is equipped with the latest modifications of medical technologies.
- No language barrier. English is an official language in India, so all doctors and medical staff speak English.
Dr. Rela Hospital in figures
Liver and Kidney Transplant
According to the hospital data, Dr. Mohamed Rela's Organ Transplant Department is the best in India. The team of the Department has already performed 500 liver transplant surgeries.
Before surgery, all patients undergo accurate diagnostics. It determines the risks of future intervention and helps to make sure in its safety.
Types of transplant operations:
- transplant of a healthy liver from a deceased or living donor
- combined liver and kidney transplant from a living donor.
Doctors of the Hospital specialize in the cancer treatment of head and neck, breast, gastrointestinal tract, and urogenital system.
Dr. Mohamed Rela Hospital is equipped with the newest linear accelerators of the last generation.
- Radiosurgery of primary tumors and metastases in the brain with X-knife. The device delivers irradiation directly to the malignant cells without affecting healthy ones.
- 4D radiotherapy to irradiate "moving" tumors, in lungs, for instance.
- Radiotherapy under visual IGRT control. The technology allows influencing the neoplasm up to 1 mm in size in different locations.
- Brachytherapy is internal radiotherapy when a source of irradiation is placed in the malignant tumor or near it. Oncologists apply brachytherapy to treat breast cancer, malignant tumors of head and neck, urogenital system.
Training to perform Da Vinci surgery in Dr. Rela Hospital
Doctors specialize in the diseases and injuries treatment of the musculoskeletal system.
The Rehabilitation Center works in the department's premises, where patients undergo recovery of extremities functions.
Specialized procedures in the department:
- Joint replacement. Doctors carry out joint, hip, shoulder, elbow endoprosthesis. The intervention is planned on the computer to install the artificial joints more precisely.
- Arthroscopic operations — an intervention through several small incisions. Doctors perform arthroscopy for reconstruction of knee, hip, elbow. Alike open surgeries, this procedure is less traumatic, so a patient recovers faster.
- Spinal surgery. Every surgeon of a team has at least 10 years of experience in performing spinal operations. Doctors conduct correction of scoliosis, kyphosis, discs replacement, hernia removal.
Children from the infant age to 16 receive treatment in the Pediatric Department of Dr. Rela Hospital.
✓ Pediatric cardiology
Doctors treat little patients with congenital and acquired heart diseases.
Cardiologists specialize in the sparing endovascular operations on the heart and lungs. These procedures are carried out through a thin catheter without big skin incisions. After such interventions, a child does not feel severe pain and returns to a normal life shortly.
✓ Pediatric neurology
Doctors treat children with the nervous system disorders. Physiotherapists, speech therapists, orthopedists, psychologists work with children.
✓ Pediatric hematology-oncology and bone marrow transplant
A team of doctors specializes in the treatment of malignant blood diseases. They conduct a bone marrow transplant which allows restoring a normal blood circulation.
- autologous, when own patient's cells are used
- allogeneic — from a related or unrelated donor.
✓ Pediatric orthopedics
Doctors treat children trauma, congenital and acquired extremities deformations.
Services for international patients
Transfer from an airport
Dr. Rela Hospital provides a transfer on request. Specify the cost of this service asking Bookimed manager.
Interpreter and coordinator
The hospital offers services of interpreter and coordinator. They will help to communicate with doctors and staff.
Patients stay in the ward of a chosen type — 1-bed, 2-bed, semi-lux, lux, and super lux. Each ward is equipped with a regulated bed, air conditioning, TV, WiFi.
What specialties in the hospital are the most demanded?
What treatments do patients most often ask for?
What procedures do patients have most often?
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7