Essen University Hospital
Essen University Hospital is one of the Europe leaders which provides high-quality medical services and accurate diagnosis in many areas (oncology, hematology, transplantation and treatment of cardiovascular disease). The hospital has an international authority, successfully combines research work with the practice of the treatment of patients, as well as the development and implementation of innovative treatment techniques, conducting various clinical trials and actively collaborates with leading hospitals around the world.
Last price update — 05.10.2018. Prices can be changed depending on the medical case and doctor's recommendations.
Date of content creation: 29.01.2016 · Last update: 05.04.2019 info
About the hospital:
Essen Advanced University Hospital has an impeccable reputation among patients for over 100 years (it was founded in 1909). The clinic is located in the cozy town of Essen in Western Germany. It is the largest hospital in more than 70 buildings, with a large territory and infrastructure - it is "a small city within a city."
Every year, the hospital provides high quality care to patients from around the world, serving approximately 50,000 inpatients and about 165,000 outpatients. The clinic provides a wide range of services in almost all areas of medicine, includes 26 specialized clinics and more than 20 research institutes.
International support center of patients Bookimed recommends one of the best and most prestigious clinics not only in Germany but all of Europe - the Essen University Hospital.
The main advantages of the hospital:
- Individual diagnosis and treatment program for each patient;
- Own developments and introduction of innovative methods of treatment;
- The latest technologies in the field of oncology are developed in the research laboratory of the University;
- Advances in genetics research, Immunology, infectiology and cardiovascular diseases;
- The first center of positron - emission tomography (PET) for a more accurate diagnosis of various forms of cancer in Germany;
- Super high oncology diagnostic tests;
- The ultra-modern equipment that meets all international standards;
- Successful experience in treating all types of cancer;
- The experts at the highest level in different areas of medicine.
- Heart Surgery
- General and transplantation surgery
- Orthopedics and Traumatology
Essen University Hospital Features:
Essen , Germany
Date of foundation
Number of beds for patients
Number of staff
Availability of our ownlab
Prices of services
Availability ofthe Russian-speakingstaff
The price of air flight
Moscow - Dusseldorf - from $ 100 ;
Kiev - Dusseldorf - from $ 120 ;
Astana - Dusseldorf - from 200 $.
Distance from the airport
Düsseldorf International Airport is 35 km
The doctors and the medical staff
University Hospital has about 6 250 employees - from nurses to professors who provide a high level of diagnostics and treatment of patients. Caring medical staff has a high level of training and providing competent medical and psychological care to patients. Here you can find the best real German experts in different fields of medicine, their professionalism is confirmed by numerous reviews of grateful patients, including famous doctors:
1. Professor Peter Reimer- Head of the Hematology Clinic, Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation at the Essen University Hospital.
2. Professor Ulrich Duehrsen- chief director of hematology clinic at the Essen University Hospital.
3. Professor Dietrich W. Beelen - the head of the clinic of bone marrow transplantation at Essen University Hospital.
4. Prof. Dr. Franz E. Brock- Head of Angiology Clinic.
5. Professor Dirk Schadendorf - Head of the Clinic of Dermatology.
6. Professor Herbert Ryubben (Herbert Rübben) - Head of the Department of Urology at Essen University Hospital.
How much money does the treatment in the Essen University Hospital cost for foreign patients?
When it comes to rare or particularly heavy cancer, you should make a choice in favor of the German university clinics, which meets all international standards and are leaders in the treatment of cancer.
The patients from around the world and especially patients with hematology try to make an accurate diagnosis in the Essen Hospital, because it is a world-renowned cancer center. The prices and cost of treatment, as well as in clinics in Germany are regulated by law, in accordance with the annually adjusted rates in Essen University Hospital.
Technological innovation in the hospital
Essen Hospital has an excellent medical and technical base, advanced equipment, cutting-edge equipment for diagnostic test studies and modern research facilities and laboratories.
Modern equipment of Essen University Medical Complex:
- Positron emission tomography(PET);
- Nuclear medicine gamma cameras;
- Linear accelerator;
- Digital angiography device for modern studies of the cardiovascular system;
- The navigation system for microsurgery;
- X-ray equipment of different types;
- Litotriptor- modern apparatus for crushing bladder stones and removal of debris;
- Cardiac catheterization laboratory;
- Ultrasound equipment.
West German Cancer Center is located on the basis of the Essen Medical Complex. It is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technology- Positron emission tomography(PET).Leading Oncology Center is the international authority on the diagnosis at an early stage of the cancer, as well as in the treatment of complicated forms of children and adults cancer. Experts of the center is used for the treatment of innovative technologies:
- Proton therapy;
- Modern radiotherapy;
- Stem cell transplant;
- Monoclonal antibodies;
- Multimodality treatmentof cancer.
Specialty of Cancer Center is based on the treatment of such cancers as:
- Sarcoma and mammary carcinoma;
- Malignant lymphoma;
- Testicular cancer;
- Gastrointestinal tumors;
- Ovarian carcinoma;
- Bronchial carcinoma;
- Other types and forms of tumors.
The first bone marrow transplantationwas performed by doctors of hospital in 1975. The hospital has the technical basis for the preparation of stem cell transplants, specializes in transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells (allergenic stem cell transplant from a related or unrelated donor, tissue compatible with the donor patient for HLA-system) for malignancy. Also in the center of the transplantation a transplant of all possible organs was successfully carried out, but more operations in children and adult kidney transplantation and liver are performed. The surgeons carried out operations with using mostly minimally invasive techniques successfully:
- Tumors of the biliary tract;
- Oncological Surgery;
- Liver tumors and metastases;
- Tumors of the pancreas and the intestine;
- Benign tumors of stomach and duodenum.
In the Departmentof Hematology specialists provide a wide range of medical services in the field of hematology, hemostasis disorders, hematology, coagulation disorders and treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma,chronic and acute leukemia, anemia, etc.
The experienced doctors use a wide range of effective methods of vasodilation of vessels to the heart transplant for effective diagnosis and research all kinds of circulatory disorders in Cardiac Surgery Department of the hospital, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery.
High-quality service for all
Today Essen Medical Center is one of the most leading and advanced institutions in Germany, offering an excellent service and personal attention for all patients. Essen Medical Complex has available 1300 beds, providing treatment in the comfort of a hospital or on an outpatient basis.
The hospital offers single, double and triple chamber and a developed infrastructure for a comfortable stay. A beautiful park for walking, gym, beauty salon, cafe and lounge are available to you.
Chamber equipped with everything you need:
- Dressing Room
- Safety Deposit Box
- the Internet
- Mini bar
And personal supervisor assigned to you in the hospital, there may be an interpreter, sanitary aviation. The hospital has a Russian-speaking staff.