Frankfurter Rotkreuz-Kliniken (Frankfurt Red Cross Hospital)
About Frankfurter Rotkreuz-Kliniken (Frankfurt Red Cross Hospital)
The Hospital belongs to the medical concern of one of the most influential organizations of Germany - the German Red Cross. Over 17,000 patients choose the Hospital for the treatment. 3 specialized centers of cardiology, orthopedics and vascular surgery are among the best in Germany.
- over 17,000 patients per year from all over the world
- is on TOP of the best medical facilities in Germany according to the FOCUS magazine
- has a FIFA certification as the official medical center of the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
German Red Cross (Rotkreuz) is one of the most influential organizations in Germany. It owns the DRK Kliniken medical concern with 40 clinics in Germany.
The Frankfurter Rotkreuz-Kliniken e.V. appeared in 1992, as a result of the union of two large hospitals in Frankfurt:
- Klinik Rotes Kreuz (former Nursing Institute)
- Klinik Maingau (former hospital for single mothers and orphans).
The main specialties in the Hospital recently are cardiology, orthopedics, vascular surgery.
The Cardiology Department specializes in the minimally invasive cardiology. Doctors in the Department have performed over 50,000 catheter surgeries here.
All types of diagnostics and treatment in cardiology, electrophysiology, angiology, and 24/7 emergency medical service are here for a patient.
In 2018, the Hospital is named as the TOP National Hospital in Cardiology by Focus Magazine.
The Department is dedicated to the treatment of all diseases of arterial and venous vascular system, chronic wounds, incl. diabetic foot, ulcers, etc. Doctors prescribe care procedures, electrical stimulation, surgical intervention depending on each case.
Orthopedists and traumatologists in the Clinic are the treating doctors of the national german Olympic team. They provide:
- conservative treatment of acute and chronic pain syndromes in the back, arms and lower limbs;
- musculoskeletal system surgeries, including:
- plastics of the cruciate ligament
- surgery of the hand, foot, hip, knee, shoulder
- nerve surgeries
- surgical treatment of rheumatism.
- minimally invasive operations (arthroscopy).
In 2018, Focus magazine named the Frankfurter Rotkreuz-Kliniken as TOP National Hospital in Orthopedics.