Global Hospital Mumbai
1  hospital accreditations of quality
About Global Hospital Mumbai
Global Hospital Mumbai is a private multidisciplinary clinic in India. The hospital is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Group.
The hospital specializes in robotic surgery, gastroenterology, orthopedics, bariatrics (treatment of obesity), and organ transplants.
Global Hospital Mumbai is the 1st facility in the world to transplant the liver simultaneously with the surgical treatment of spinal tuberculosis, and the 1st to perform the combined kidney-liver transplant in Western India.
Special diagnostics before BMT + BMT
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
Hospital accreditations of quality
- Department of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
- Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery Department
Global Hospital in Mumbai was founded in 2012. The hospital is one of the clinics included in Gleneagles Global Hospitals Medical Holding, which was established in 1999. 2 mln patients choose the Network for treatment. 8,000 of them are foreigners from 25 countries worldwide.
Global Hospital Mumbai is located in Parel, 15 km away from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport.
Benefits of Global Hospital Mumbai
- The cost of treatment in the clinic is 30-50% lower compared to hospitals in Europe and the United States due to the economic policy within India.
- The quality of treatment at Global Hospital Mumbai is at the same level as in leading hospitals worldwide. Doctors here use international treatment protocols and medical equipment produced by Korean, German, and Swiss manufacturers.
- The medical staff of the International Patients Service Department helps patients to undergo treatment. The staff organizes a transfer, medical interpreter services, instructs about the features of patients’ stay and treatment course in the hospital.
Global Hospital Mumbai in figures
Global Hospital Mumbai Awards
Certificate from National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
Global Hospital Mumbai is accredited by NABH for adhering to international standards of treatment quality. This confirms the availability of modern equipment, a high level of sterility, and trained personnel.
National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) certified the hospital for the accuracy and quality of laboratory tests.
Achievements of the hospital
- The world's 1st liver transplant and surgical treatment of spinal tuberculosis at the same time.
- 1st combined liver-kidney transplant in Western India.
- 1st split liver transplant (1 cadaver organ divided into 2 parts for 2 recipients) in Western India.
- 1st auxiliary liver transplantation in Western India. Doctors replace a part of the damaged organ with a small part of a healthy donor liver.
Department of Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
Specialists of the Orthopedics Department specialize in the surgical treatment of joints, tendons, and bones. They correct bone deformities, carry out the reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament, joint replacement, and treat bone cancer.
Most of the procedures in Global Hospital Mumbai are minimally invasive (through small incisions in the skin). A patient recovers 2 times faster after minimally invasive operations than after traditional open surgeries. The barely noticeable scar remains after the minimally invasive surgery.
Minimally invasive operations performed by Global Hospital Mumbai doctors:
- Arthroscopy of the joints. Arthroscopic surgery is the method for treatment of the knee, elbow and shoulder joints diseases. Doctors apply thin instruments and a mini-camera that are inserted through several punctures up to 1 cm.
- Hip replacement through anterior access. This is the method to replace the affected joint with an artificial one through an incision of up to 10 cm at the front of the thigh. In comparison, the incision size during traditional surgery is 15-25 cm, and a doctor cuts the tendons and ligaments to gain access to the joint. During the minimally invasive joint replacement, the ligaments are moved aside that speeds up the patient’s recovery.
Gastrointestinal Surgery Department
Gastroenterologists of Global Hospital Mumbai have over 10 years of experience in surgery and perform robotic and laparoscopic (through mini incisions) operations. Many of the doctors received training in the USA and Europe.
Doctors of the Department specialize in the surgical treatment of the stomach, intestines, pancreas, and gallbladder diseases.
Gastroenterologists treat such diseases here as:
- an anal fistula
- Barrett's esophagus (a disorder of the intestinal epithelial layer)
- an intestinal obstruction
- gallbladder cancer
- benign tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- a hiatal hernia
- an inguinal hernia
- a ruptured spleen.
Examination room in Global Hospital Mumbai
Weight Loss Surgery Department
Doctors of the Department treat obese patients with a body mass index (BMI) over 30, who cannot lose weight with the help of diets and physical exercises.
Doctors of Global Hospital Mumbai specialize in performing painless minimally invasive bariatric operations. It helps a patient to recover within a few days.
The team of doctors performs such operations as:
- The gastric band — the installation of a special ring around the stomach, which reduces the volume of the organ and promotes rapid saturation. As a result, a person eats less food at one sitting and loses weight.
- Sleeve gastrectomy — a method of reducing the stomach in volume with the organ part removal.
- Gastric bypass surgery — the creation of a special reservoir and a bypass through which food passes the main part of the stomach. Within 6 months after the surgery, a person loses up to 60-70% of excess weight.
- After the intervention, a nutritionist and a trainer work with a patient. They develop a nutrition and training plan to achieve the longest effect after the operation.
Services for international patients
Visa and transfer
The medical staff of the International Patient Services Department will help a patient and his/her companion with a visa application (if needed).
The clinic provides a transfer from Mumbai International Airport to the hospital or hotel.
Accommodation and meals
A patient stays in a single or double ward and takes meals relying on diet and religious preferences.
Special care ward in Global Hospital Mumbai
Medical facilities of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Group in other cities:
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7