I turned to Bookimed for a second independent opinion, I didn’t expect anything, but I was pleasantly surprised by the speed and cramming of the coordinating doctors Katya Koliko and Olga Krisyuk. We organized a video consultation with the HM clinic in Spain, everything went as planned, the doctor wrote what needs to be done at the moment and treatment options. Thank !
93% patients recommend
verified_user Direct Price Guarantee keyboard_arrow_down
The medical center is a Bookimed Official Partner. Thus, we arrange treatment for international patients as a hospital representative with no intermediaries and extra charges.
HM Hospitales is a group of 7 medical centers in Madrid which provide medical services in all specialties. Includes 4 comprehensive centers for oncology treatment, neurosciences, cardiovascular surgery, and fertility.
In 2018, was awarded by the Spanish Society of Health Informatics (SEIS) for revolutionized patient care and significant technological solutions in the healthcare sector.
Annually the HM medical team serves around 75K inpatients and 2.3M outpatients.
airline_seat_flat Treatment keyboard_arrow_down
favorite_border 24/7 Bookimed assistance keyboard_arrow_down
done Personal medical coordinator
done Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
done Patient advocacy during a medical travel
Last price update — 08.10.2019. Prices can be changed depending on the medical case and doctor's recommendations.
How it works
Bookimed is an independent patient experience sharing platform. We are not responsible for objectivity of information in patient reviews — they represent the opinion of reviewers only.
A review is provided only by patients or their accompanying caregivers who have booked/visited the medical center via Bookimed.com, have been diagnosed/treated.
We publish both positive and negative reviews. Every review is moderated for compliance with Reviews&Comments Policy.
Bookimed partner hospitals cannot publish reviews on behalf of patients. We exclude any artificial rise/drop in the ranking.
They were good and professionals, I had my results with me by the doctor went me to take new in there hospital that was very expensive we pay 2700€ for laboratory, we didn’t expect that mach for laboratory.
Pediatric Hospital of Oncology, especially dr Blanca Lopez Ibor is the best doctor that i meet .I recommend . Maya from International Pasient - coordinator there was very helpful . I had confidence in bookimed and did not disappoint me . Thank you
I want to thank
I am very grateful to everyone who helped us! Many thanks to our coordinator bookimed to Anna Ozeranskaya. Anna helped to orient herself, to get together and explained with what in general it is necessary to start and how to act. Has helped with analyzes in HM Hospitales, supported all period of cooperation. All this is not unimportant in such situations. Thanks to the clinic HM Hospitales and the coordinator of the clinic Olga, for understanding, human attitude, professionalism and clear performance of their work. Thank you all very much, without you, we would not be so oriented and did not cope with the tasks that were put in the way of treating a loved one
Hospital accreditations of quality
Date of content creation: 11.01.2017 · Last update: 22.11.2019 info
The first HM clinic was founded in 1990. Today the network consists of 40 medical facilities within Spain. 7 hospitals and 4 comprehensive centers out of 40 are located in Madrid.
HM strong points
- Advanced healthcare equipment. HM is the only medical facility in Spain equipped with The StealthStation™ ENT Navigation System. It’s a tool for a surgeon to make the most complicated surgeries and attain hard-to-reach areas in the pituitary gland, maxillary sinus cavity, eye sockets, skull base. It’s applied for hearing restoration surgeries. The system provides the possible data accuracy and allows planning the movement trajectory or perform a virtual endoscopy of areas which a surgeon doesn’t see.
- New treatments. The HM researchers do clinical trials (over 130 are in progress), and their findings are available to patients management.
- English-speaking assistance. The International Department at Hospitals HM Madrid supports patients during the medical trip.
Hospital HM Video presentation
HM hospitales in figures
HM Cancer Center
The center provides treatment of all types of cancer according to its genetical nature
with advanced therapeutic methods, including radiology, targeted therapy, and nuclear medicine.
The center has the most precise equipment:
- Da Vinci Xi — the most advanced and accurate robotic system presented by Intuitive Surgical Inc.
- Siemens PET/MRI Scan — a device improving the quality of images for more accurate diagnostics
- The microSelectron digital Pulsed Dose Rate (PDR) for brachytherapy, which is adjusted for patient’s needs saving them of unwanted radiation.
- Elekta Versa HD and Novalis linear accelerators for high-effective radiosurgery and radiotherapy.
There is an own plastic surgery team which restores a woman’s body after interventions.
In 2019, HM CIOCC has been recognized as the Best Private Medical Center with Madrid Health Award (IV Premios a la Sanidad de la Comunidad de Madrid).
HM CIOCC — The Clara Campal Comprehensive Cancer Center is based on HM Sanchinarro University Hospital.
HM Neurosciences Center
HM CINAC — Centro Integral de Neurociencias
HM CINAC provides diagnostics, treatment, and research of neurological disorders, cognitive impairment, behavioral and movement disorders.
The center is based on the premises of HM Puerta del Sur.
The team consists of neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuropsychologists, and neuroscientists. They do clinical research and have a particular focus on neurodegenerative diseases management.
For Parkinson’s disease therapy, doctors apply innovative methods as:
- DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation)
- HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound)
- TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation)
- LIFU (Low-Intensity Focal Ultrasound).
HM Comprehensive Center for Cardiovascular Diseases
HM CIEC — Centro Integral de Enfermedades Cardiovasculares
The center is specialized in angiology and vascular surgery, cardiology, hemodynamics. Special focus is put to the treatment of patients with coronary artery disease and cardiac rehabilitation in all ages.
According to the center’s data, it’s one of the largest centers in Spain. It serves around 12,000 outpatients and 3,000 inpatients.
It has the only in Madrid robot-assisted laboratory for an electrophysiological heart examination.
The center is located on the premises of Hospital HM Montepríncipe.
HM Fertility Center
HM Fertility team provides assisted reproductive treatments for over 15 years. Among them are:
- egg donor IVF with an opportunity of donor selection
- sperm donor IVF
- eggs & sperm donor IVF
- conjugal artificial insemination (IAC) — method of inoculation the partner’s best sperm material to the women’s uterus.
- intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) — method of inoculation the single sperm into the egg’s cytoplasm
- other procedures.
The selection of the donor’s material is strictly regulated by the Spanish Law on Assisted Reproduction and genetically tested.
People wanting to have a baby can also embrace services of cryopreservation and freezing of the ovules to preserve fertility.
Hospital HM Monteprincipe
Monteprincipe HM Madrid is a multispecialty hospital with over 70 specializations where pediatrics and cancer treatment are major ones.
HM Monteprincipe has the Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Unit. Since 2014, it has been certified by the Spanish Ministry of Health to provide allogeneic bone marrow transplants.
The medical team performs transplant on the hospital’s premises to minimize the time for their extraction and save the maximum number of high-quality stem cells.
HM specialists offer the option of umbilical cord blood banking. When a baby is born, its cord blood is collected and saved in case of future problems with health. This option and HM approach allow saving lives with healthy progenitor cells.
Hospital HM Madrid
The hospital specializes in dental and oral medicine, traumatology, rehabilitation, physical therapy, internal medicine, general and plastic surgery.
The key specialty of the hospital is research and treatment of memory disorders.
Hospital HM Sanchinarro
HM Sanchinarro University Hospital is specialized in robotic surgery and minimally invasive techniques. HM doctors use da Vinci robot in general surgery, urology, and gynecology oncology.
The hospital has a unique program called the Advanced Respiratory Endoscopy Program to explore lung cancer, mediastinal tumors, and malignant formation.
The program includes the following procedures:
- video and diagnostic bronchofibroscopy
- therapeutic bronchoscopy (treatment with an argon plasma, Montgomery T-tubes,
- cryobiopsies and others.
Hospital HM Torrelodones
The hospital has over 15 years of experience in general surgery and pediatrics — key fields of serving.
Its medical team has provided over
- 5,000 surgeries
- 281,000 outpatient consultations
- 130,000 radiology exams.
Services for international patients in HM Clinics
Patients who come to HM Hospitales for treatment are provided with a free airport — clinic - airport transfer.
A patient stays in a ward of the chosen type — double, single, or suite. Every ward has a TV, Wi-Fi, a communication system with a nurse.
English-speaking assistance is free.
What specialties in the hospital are the most demanded?
What treatments do patients most often ask for?
What procedures do patients have most often?
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7