Hospital Vithas Nisa Virgen del Consuelo
Nisa Virgen del Consuelo is a multidisciplinary hospital in Valencia, Spain. The leading specialties are check-up and pediatric neurological rehabilitation.
International patients from European countries choose Hospital Nisa Virgen del Consuelo Valencia annually. Specialists accept adults and children to get treatment based on the most advanced technologies.
local_hospital Medical procedures Included keyboard_arrow_down
favorite_border 24/7 Bookimed assistance keyboard_arrow_down
done Personal medical coordinator
done Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
done Patient advocacy during a medical travel
The cost is individual for each treatment program. To get a cost estimate and treatment program right for you, submit a request. It’s free and doesn’t oblige you to have a medical trip.
Last price update — 10.07.2019. Prices can be changed depending on the medical case and doctor's recommendations.
The information on this page is provided by the hospital according to Bookimed Terms of Service · Date of content creation: 04.05.2019 · Last update: 12.06.2019
Hospital Nisa Virgen del Consuelo Valencia was founded in 1970. In 2010 the hospital was reconstructed and equipped with the latest medical devices.
The hospital is situated in the heart of Valencia 8 km from the international airport.
Advantages of Hospital Nisa Virgen del Consuelo
Advanced neurological rehabilitation methods for children. Specialists apply robotic and interactive devices to restore the patient’s motor skills. Due to play-way methods, children are interested in a process of rehabilitation which occur more effective than traditional methods.
Hospital Nisa Virgen del Consuelo in figures
Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation
The medical team specializes in the rehabilitation of children with cerebral palsy and developmental disability.
Doctors develop an individual program for every child to restore such functions as motor skills, speech, and general intellectual ability. Specialists in Nisa hospital teach parents to use the same methods at home.
The main rehabilitation techniques are the following:
- Physiotherapy and Bobath therapy which help to improve physical skills and reduce muscle hypertonia.
- Occupational therapy provides restoration of particular activities as eating or dressing.
- Medication treatment allows controlling the spastic syndrome (when it is difficult for a patient to bend or straighten a limb due to an increased muscle tone).
- Speech training to restore speaking and swallowing functions.
- Massages are used to relax and reduce muscle spasticity.
- Exercises using restorative devices for training the balance and improving the walking function.
- Communication exercises when a little patient learns to interact with other people.
- Doctors use neuromuscular stimulation to activate the contraction of a selected muscle group. As a result of this therapy, the baby develops motor abilities and muscular strength.
- Hyperbaric oxygenation is a method which helps to oxygenate the patient’s brain.
- Animal-assisted therapy is a class with horses, dogs or dolphins. It improves the general psychological state of the child and his/her reaction to the outside world.
- Psychotherapy helps the child and parents cope with stress and other mental disorders caused by cerebral palsy.
Robotic Lokomat PRO V6
The clinic has a robot exerciser of the latest model called Lokomat PRO V6. This device allows restoring the motor functions in children and adults more efficiently and faster than standard physiotherapy.
Check-up in Hospital Vithas Nisa Virgen del Consuelo
Examination of the whole body is one of the main specialties in Nisa Virgen del Consuelo Hospital. Check-up helps to examine the general state of health, detect diseases at the earliest stages or find a predisposition to them.
Doctors provide a comprehensive examination for men and women of different ages.
Services for international patients
- Hospital Nisa Virgen del Consuelo Valencia provides separate wards which are equipped with TV set and phone (a patient pays for these services additionally).
- 3 meals a day. An accompanying person can get breakfast, dinner, and lunch for an extra price.
- A restaurant is situated on the first floor of the hospital.
- Language assistance. A patient will be accompanied by an iterpreter who will make the communication with medical team more comfortable.
Single ward in Hospital Nisa Virgen del Consuelo
The hospital is ready to study medical records in the following languages:
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7