Thanks to Maxim, we passed a super high-quality examination in Seoul! Perfectly coordinated work Bookimed and clinics Благодаря Максиму мы прошли супер качественное обследование в Сеуле! Великолепно слаженная работа Букимед и клиники
Seoul National University Hospital Healthcare System Gangnam Center
About Seoul National University Hospital Healthcare System Gangnam Center
Seoul National University Hospital Healthcare System Gangnam Center (SNUH Gangnam Center) is a private multidisciplinary clinic on the Seoul National University premises. The medical center provides the full body examination (check-up) of any type. Doctors determine the risk of cancer, brain pathologies, heart and gastrointestinal pathologies occurring.
Learn which is the best check-up for you below.
A patient undergoes the diagnosis for 1 day; the results are ready within 5-7 days. Patients from 80 countries visit SNUH Gangnam Center to check the health condition annually.
How it works
Bookimed is an independent patient experience sharing platform. We are not responsible for objectivity of information in patient reviews — they represent the opinion of reviewers only.
A review is provided only by patients or their accompanying caregivers who have booked/visited the medical center via Bookimed.com, have been diagnosed/treated.
We publish both positive and negative reviews. Every review is moderated for compliance with Reviews&Comments Policy.
Bookimed partner hospitals cannot publish reviews on behalf of patients. We exclude any artificial rise/drop in the ranking.
1 positive review on treatment in Seoul National University Hospital Healthcare System Gangnam Center
- Basic check-up
- Specialized check-up (oncological, cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract)
- Premium check-up
- Diagnostic results
Seoul National University Hospital Healthcare System Gangnam Center was established in 2003 on the Seoul National University premises. It is one of the best hospitals in Korea, where 2.8 mln patients undergo a medical examination every year.
Gangnam Center works according to "one-stop" system. Diagnostic rooms are located on the same floor. The schedule of medical examinations is accurate, so a patient will not wait in the queues.
The center is located on the 38-40th floors of the Gangnam skyscraper. The distance between SNUH Gangnam Center from the Gimpo international airport is 23 km.
Advantages of SNUH Gangnam Center
- High success of the disease diagnosing at the early stages. According to the Gangnam Center data, breast cancer is detected in 9 out of 1,000 cases, while in the US hospitals — in 2 out of 1,000. This means that in 7 patients the disease remains undetected.
- Innovative diagnostic equipment. The specialists use the latest modification of MRI, 3D-CT, endoscopic video system to examine the stomach and esophagus, C-ARM device for bones and joints screening.
- Usage of the Scientific-Research Institute. Doctors working at SNUH Gangnam Center improve diagnostics programs according to the new developments and medical achievements.
SNUH Gangnam Center video presentation
Who is a perfect candidate?
Patients over 20 years old who want to know about their health condition and predisposition to diseases.
What does a check-up package include?
- vision examination
- chest X-ray
- ultrasound of the abdominal cavity — the liver, kidney, and spleen
- gastroscopy under sedation — a visual examination of the esophagus walls
- assessment of the nutrition regimen
- spirometry — measurement of breath indexes
- complete blood count (including tumor markers and Helicobacter pylori tests)
- clinical urine and feces tests.
Women aged over 35 undergo mammography, and men — tumor markers test of the prostate. Additionally, doctors make digital fundus photography for all patients at this age.
For patients over 50 years of age, doctors recommend audiometry — measurement of hearing acuity.
It is a program of deep screening of specific organs and systems to detect the diseases.
Who is a perfect candidate?
Patients at any age with a genetic predisposition to particular diseases.
The check-up types available:
- oncological screening
- brain examination
- cardiac diagnostics
- respiratory system examination
- gastroenterological screening.
An additional hepatitis A blood and vitamin D tests, dentist's consultation, dental panoramic X-ray are included in every check-up package.
MRI device at SNUH Gangnam Diagnostic Center
Who is a perfect candidate?
Patients of any age who want to get the most meaningful data about the health condition. The program helps to detect diseases at early stages, when they are easily cured.
What does the check-up package include?
The program includes a basic check-up, and the range of other tests:
- consultation with a general practitioner, nutritionist, dentist
- complete blood test, including tumor marker analysis
- diagnostics of the cardiovascular system diseases
- bone and muscle examination
- diagnosing of the respiratory system diseases
- the digestive tract screening
- brain MRI and angiography.
Women also undergo ultrasound of the small pelvis, breast, pancreas, mammography, hormone and tumor markers blood tests.
Men older than 50 undergo the prostate ultrasound.
The diagnostic results are ready in 5-7 days. If any severe disease is detected, a doctor will contact you immediately.
All the data about a patient is stored in the Seoul National University Hospital Healthcare System Gangnam Center electronic system. If a patient wants to repeat the check-up in several years, it will be possible to compare the changes of their health condition.
Services for patients at SNUH Gangnam Center
Each patient has a personal coordinator to accompany them during the screening.
Medical conclusion and records are provided in the patient's native language.
Transfer and accommodation
The hospital arranges the meeting in the airport and books the accommodation for international patients.
Accompanying service at arrival
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7