My mother had a microdiscectomy surgery at this hospital about 25 days ago and she was really satisfied with the services. She came to Korea from Mongolia for the surgery by herself. Yet the hospital staff was really supportive and did not let her feel alone. Currently she is still recovering from the surgery. We are very grateful for the Leon Wiltse Memorial Hospital staff for their hospitality and effort.
Wiltse Memorial Hospital
About Wiltse Memorial Hospital
The Leon Wiltse Memorial Hospital is one of the best hospitals in Korea, specialized treatment of diseases of the spine and joints. Hospital located in Suwon, founded in 2002 and named in honor of Leon Wiltse, the world-famous surgeon vertebrologist. Professor Wiltse is the founder and first chairman of the North American Spine Association.
How it works
Bookimed is an independent patient experience sharing platform. We are not responsible for objectivity of information in patient reviews — they represent the opinion of reviewers only.
A review is provided only by patients or their accompanying caregivers who have booked/visited the medical center via Bookimed.com, have been diagnosed/treated.
We publish both positive and negative reviews. Every review is moderated for compliance with Reviews&Comments Policy.
Bookimed partner hospitals cannot publish reviews on behalf of patients. We exclude any artificial rise/drop in the ranking.
1 positive review on treatment in Wiltse Memorial Hospital
The Wiltse Memorial Hospital offers surgical techniques such as microdiscectomy, laminectomy, Foraminotomy, laminoplasty, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty, and other non-surgical treatments (neuroplasty, nucleoplasty, epidural) of the spine and joints for patients.
More than 50,000 patients visited the hospital in 2009. The hospital carries out about 2,500 medical operations for spinal diseases a year.
The structure of Leon Wiltse Memorial Hospital includes the following departments:
- Orthopedic surgery;
- Pain medicine;
- General surgery;
About Wiltse Memorial Hospital in numbers:
- The total number of beds: 150;
- Acceptance of emergency patients: 24 hours;
- The number of specialized centers: 8;
- Number of staff working in the hospital it. (Wiltse Memorial Hospital): 10 neurosurgeons and 4 orthopedic. Total 18 doctors with extensive experience and awards, the rest of the medical staff - 175. Chief Physician Hospital neurosurgeon Dr. Choon Keun Park.
The Leon Wiltse Memorial Hospital has the international medical center for the treatment of foreign patients. There are coordinators who can speak either English or Russian, provide all service for patients.
The best hospitals of Korea are posted on the Bookimed, among of them is the orthopedic hospital Wiltse, specialized treatment of the spine and joints. The hospital uses the most advanced technology in the field of treatment of spine and joints, meets international standards, was accredited in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Korea.
If you are planning to undergo treatment of the spine in Korea pay attention at this center.
Memorial Wiltse Hospital, Suwon has such achievements:
- Wiltse Hospital is a training center for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Research Centre in the Asia-Pacific region, plays the role of international educational institutions to improve the skills and training of foreign doctors.
- The hospital is recognized by WHO as a research and training center of spinal surgery.
- According to the Ministry of Health of Korean Memorial Wiltse Hospital includes in the three best medical institutions for the surgery of the spine.