How much do Orthopedics procedures cost in Germany?
Costs of orthopedics procedures in Germany
|Hip replacement||$8600 - $25700|
|Knee replacement||$11900 - $27100|
|Knee Arthroscopy||$5100 - $5650|
|Discectomy||$11300 - $17000|
|Shoulder replacement||$14700 - $28200|
|MRI of one area||$740 - $1900|
Highly rated Orthopedics clinics in Germany
The hospitals ranking is based on 1266 requests, 419 patient reviews, prices, and information from 48 clinics
DiseasesCoxarthrosis Meniscus tear Arthrosis Injuries of bones and joints Scoliosis Osteoarthritis Ankylosing spondylitis Osteoporosis Valgus Deformity Hip fracture
What is Bookimed?
Common procedures in GermanyHip replacement Knee replacement Knee Arthroscopy Discectomy Arthroscopic meniscectomy Shoulder replacement MRI of one area
The Best Orthopedics Doctors in Germany, remote doctor's consultation
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Orthopedics Reviews by Bookimed patients
19 positive reviews on orthopedics in Germany
3 negative reviews on orthopedics in Germany
FAQ about Orthopedics in Germany
Main features of orthopedics treatment in Germany
Germany takes the leading place in the quality of medical services and the application of new techniques in the field of orthopedics and traumatology.
80% of adults feel the back pain during their lives. No wonder why orthopedics in Germany are in the top of leading directions of German healthcare system. German specialists perform complex spinal operations with the help of minimally invasive methods under the video control.
The greatest successes is achieved by German doctors in the treatment of infantile cerebral palsy: orthopedics in Germany includes a set of procedures for the treatment of cerebral palsy, combining surgical, medicamental and rehabilitation assistance. The set is one of the most effective in the world: 65% of patients after the treatment get an improvement.
Diagnostics of orthopedic and traumatology injuries in German clinics:
Before a final diagnosis and prescribing the necessary treatment, German orthopedists provide diagnostics which include:
- Clinical examination of a patient (a doctor evaluates the work of joints, tendons and muscles, mobility and amplitude of movements in the joints, the presence of changes in functions and so on);
- X-ray studies (allow a doctor to see changes in bones tissue and cartilage and assess the degree of joint damage;
- Computer and magnetic resonance imaging (show the smallest changes in the structure of muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones);
- Arthroscopic examination of joints (visualization of the joint cavity using modern computer technology).
Treatment of orthopedic and traumatology diseases in German clinics:
The successful treatment of orthopedic diseases in German clinics is due to the comprehensive approach. The choice of the method of treatment depends on the nature of the illnesses, medical indications and recommendations of doctors. The priority method is the operation, but German specialists begin the treatment with non-surgical methods (manual therapy, osteopathy etc).
German orthopedic clinics and centers develop own methods of treating muscles, bones, joints, ligaments and tendons, which are adopted by specialists from all over the world.
Types of treatment that are carried out in orthopedic and traumatology departments and clinics in Germany
- Conservative treatment (includes physiotherapy, the use of medicines, exercises with the instructors and special simulators);
- Minimally invasive treatment (carrying out arthroscopic operations on the joints and the locomotive apparatus);
- Reconstructive surgery for the restoration of bone tissue and cartilage;
- Open surgical operations on the joints and spine (in the cases of complex combination of injuries);
- Endoprosthetics of joints;
- Restorative treatment after orthopedic surgery.
Leading specialities of orthopedic and traumatology treatment in Germany
Sport medicine in Germany
Sports medicine deals with the treatment of diseases and the consequences of sports injuries. It is a leading branch in the treatment of orthopedic diseases in Germany. Many world-famous athletes (Klitschko brothers, Steffi Graf) undergo treatment and preventive examinations in German orthopedic centers and clinics.
Sports traumatology in Germany is one of the leading directions of medical services. Government of Germany creates favourable conditions for development of sports traumatology and implementation of new technologies and methods of orthopedic treatment.
For the treatment of patients with sports diseases and injuries, German doctors apply:
- Conservative therapy;
- Operative methods of treatment (basically this is minimally invasive joint surgery - arthroscopy);
- Intensive rehabilitation programs (a set of procedures for rehabilitation which include medicines, physiotherapy, massage and diet).
Endoprosthetics in Germany
Endoprosthetics of joints is a procedure of the replacement of the joint or its parts. Specialists provide endoprosthetics in cases when conservative and surgical methods of the treatment of orthopedic diseases is ineffective or in order to reduce the pain syndrome and improve the quality of life.
Orthopedists of German clinics offer to replace the joints of knee, hip, shoulder, ankle, hand and spine. Knee treatment in Germany is the most often type of the orthopedic medical care.
To choose the type of endoprosthetics, German doctors take into account many aspects of the patient's condition: age, weight, the type of disease and the nature of the patient's usual physical activity.
There are such types of endoprosthetics in Germany as:
- Partial endoprosthetics (only a part of the damaged joint is replaced);
- Superficial endoprosthetics (only the surface of the joint can be replaced);
- Complete (total) endoprosthetics (replacement of all parts of the articulation with an artificial prosthesis);
- Replacement of the previously established endoprosthesis.
German endoprosthesis are made from the modern materials (ceramics, alloys of steel, chromium, cobalt and titanium, which are coated with a biocompatible material, compatible with the human tissues). Most of them are modular and consist of replaceable parts. German implants are distinguished by high strength, wear resistance and can serve up to 25-30 years.
|Treatment of scoliosis|
|APIFIX System Implantation||from 16000$||-||from 34315$|
|Treatment of halyus valgus|
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.