How much does pancreatic cancer diagnostic and treatment procedures cost in Germany?
Prices for pancreatic cancer diagnostic and treatment procedures in Germany in 2021
- Below average
- Above average
Diagnosis + Surgery + Chemotherapy
Comprehensive Diagnosis + Chemotherapy + Pancreatic Resection at Helios Park Hospital Leipzig
Best Medical Equipment for Pancreatic cancer Treatment and Diagnosis in Germany
CyberKnife is a robotic device to perform radiosurgery with precise radiation delivery to the organs affected with benign and malignant tumors.
This method allows destroying tumors without incisions and pain; it is frequently used as an alternative to surgery when neoplasms are hard to reach or cannot be operated. The radiation is directed accurately, so it does not affect healthy tissues or organs. Treatment with CyberKnife is an outpatient procedure: just after a session (it lasts about 30-90 minutes), a patient can return home and their everyday activities.
Within several studies based on CyberKnife treatment of 466 patients with pancreatic cancer in total, it was succeeded to take local control under a tumor and reduce pain. Another study of 59 patients with locally-advanced pancreatic cancer showed a 1-year survival rate 53.9%, a 2-year survival rate — 35.1%.
from $9050 in Germany
Gamma Knife is a radiosurgery device to manage radiation therapy. It uses 192 radiation beams to precisely target brain tumors. Each beam goes separately through the healthy brain tissues, and then they meet together in the target delivering there a high radiation dose.
The procedure is painless, performed without incisions and anesthesia. It is an alternative to traditional surgery for hard-to-reach or inoperable tumors. A GammaKnife session does not require admission; a patient can go back home and return to allowed activities just after a procedure.
75 patients with advanced pancreatic cancer participated in the study. 37 patients received only the Gamma Knife therapy, and 38 patients combined GammaKnife with thermotherapy and chemotherapy. The complete remission was achieved in 70.7% for 3 months of the follow-up. A 1-year survival rate was 48.3%, 2-year — 22.1%. No severe complications were registered.
from $9050 in Germany
Proton therapy is a type of radiation therapy affecting tumors with protons, not X-rays. The X-rays damage healthy tissues on their way to a tumor that limits their usage. In the case with proton therapy, protons precisely hit a neoplasm, while healthy tissues remain unaffected that allow using stronger doses of irradiation to hit tumors located near vital organs. During a session, a patient lays on the table and a machine rotates producing proton beams to hit a tumor.
This is an outpatient procedure; a person can leave a hospital just after a session is over. Usually, the whole treatment cycle takes 30 minutes to complete. It usually continues 5 times a week for several weeks. The radiation dose may change over the treatment. No specific rehab is needed. Such side effects as fatigue, headache, hair loss that can develop over time.
50 patients with pancreatic cancer participated in the study to research proton therapy efficacy. The medium follow-up period was 38 months. The overall survival for the group was 17 months on average. A medium free-disease progression survival rate was 10 months.
Highly rated Oncology clinics for Pancreatic cancer treatment in Germany
The hospitals ranking is based on 1266 requests, 419 patient reviews, prices, and information from 30 clinics
DiseasesPancreatic neuroendocrine tumors
What is Bookimed?
Common procedures in GermanyChemotherapy for breast cancer CyberKnife Pancreatic cancer surgery PET/CT Biopsy
The Best Pancreatic Cancer Doctors in Germany
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Reviews of patients treated for Pancreatic cancer in Germany
6 positive reviews on pancreatic cancer treatment at Germany
1 negative reviews on pancreatic cancer treatment at Germany
FAQ about Pancreatic cancer in Germany
Why do international patients choose German hospitals for pancreatic cancer treatment?
- Experienced oncologists. German doctors with decades of experience have performed hundreds of surgeries for pancreatic cancer patients.
- Less-traumatic techniques. In Germany, laparoscopic operations through small incisions are performed. Such procedures reduce the risk of postoperative complications and boost the recovery. Among non-surgical treatment options for pancreatic cancer are radiotherapy combined with other options as targeted therapy.
- Treatment of the latest stages. A lot of patients from around the world are coming to Germany for metastatic pancreatic cancer treatment. German surgeons consider operation as the main treatment option and perform it even for advanced pancreatic cancer.
What factors are important while choosing a clinic?
- Hospitals’ reputation. German medical facilities have a lot of certificates and accreditations.
- Success rates. Most hospitals in Germany show their statistics on successful cases. You can check out whether any of a chosen medical facility has such rates.
- Doctors’ expertise. German oncologists are one of the first-rate specialists in the world. They complete internships and trainings overseas, participate in clinical trials to develop new methods of pancreatic cancer treatment.
- Advanced medical equipment. German centers are among the most technological ones — they are equipped with the latest devices of diagnostics and treatment.
- Patient reviews. Find on our website the feedbacks of patients who have already treated pancreatic cancer. Maybe their stories will inspire you a lot.
How to get pancreatic cancer treatment in Germany?
- Submit a request on Bookimed website. Our manager will contact you shortly and answer all your questions concerning treatment, prices, and trip arrangement.
- You choose an appropriate hospital. The Bookimed manager sends your medical records to a chosen facility to get a preliminary treatment program.
- You receive an initial invoice. Some German hospitals may require the prepayment for treatment, but if the price occurs cheaper after treatment, you can get your money back.
- We arrange your medical trip. Our manager leads you step-by-step during treatment. We support you 24/7 till the moment you come back home. This option is FREE.
|Diagnosis + Surgery + Chemotherapy||from 30560$||from 47775$||from 43804$|
|Pancreatic cancer||from 5020$||-||-|
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.