How much does body lift cost in India?
The average price of body lift in India is $2500.
|Body Lift||-||from $1750||-||-|
- Below average
- Above average
360 degree tummy tuck
Medical procedures Included
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
Highly rated Body Lift clinics in India
The hospitals ranking is based on 299 requests, 74 patient reviews, prices, and information from 4 clinics
What is Bookimed?
The Best Body Lift Doctors in India
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
What is a body lift?
Body lifting or circumferential body lifting is a plastic surgery performed to remove sagging flesh or loose skin and restore the aesthetic appearance of the different body zones (abdomen, waist, buttocks).
During the body lifting complex, plastic surgeons tighten the abdomen, eliminate abdominal separation (diastasis recti), perform thigh and lower back liposuction, carry out buttock lift and enlargement (with patient’s own tissues or implants).
What are the indications for body lift?
Both women and men are good candidates for body lifting if they have:
- sagging skin after significant weight loss
- reduced elasticity of abdomen muscles
- flabby buttocks
- drooping skin of the abdomen and buttocks.
- inelastic skin of the lower back and chest.
What are the contraindications?
Like any other plastic surgery, a body lift has some contraindications:
- blood clotting problems
- exacerbation of chronic diseases
- heart failure
- uncompensated type II diabetes
- mental health disorders
- obesity with a BMI of 35 and higher
- autoimmune diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), scleroderma, or systemic sclerosis)
What are the types of body lifting in India?
Body lift is a complex of the cosmetic procedures aimed at correcting one or several body areas (breast, waist, buttocks, etc.). According to the body zone need to be corrected, body plastic surgery in India includes such types of lifting procedures as:
- Brachioplasty or arm lifting — tightening excess skin on the shoulders.
- Breast lift and/or reduction — aimed at correcting the shape and volume of the breast.
- Upper body lifting — a simultaneous tightening of the breast (breast lift) and excess skin on the back (back lift).
- Lower body lifting — a simultaneous tightening of the abdomen (tummy tuck), buttock lifting, and enlargement (Brazilian butt lift).
- Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck — aimed at lifting the skin of the abdomen.
- Hips plastic surgery (thigh lift) — aimed at eliminating excess skin of the hips.
- Shin correction — performed quite often to increase (calf implant) or reduce (calf reduction) the size of lower legs.
The operations may be combined and performed during the same process. In some cases, plastic surgeons carry out body lift in tandem with liposuction to remove not only excess skin but also excess fat simultaneously.
What is preparation for the surgery?
- complete blood count
- coagulogram (blood clotting test)
- immunoglobulins blood test
- biochemical profile
- Rh factor blood test
- electrocardiogram (ECG)
- lower limbs venous ultrasonography
- the chest X-ray
- consultation with a therapist
- consultation with a plastic surgeon.
What is the body lifting process?
Consultation with your plastic surgeon is required before body lifting. During the consultation, a plastic surgeon will evaluate your body shape, help you understand what result you can expect, take into account your preferences, and develop a complete surgery plan.
Body lift in India is a minimally invasive surgery and usually is performed by several steps:
- A plastic surgeon marks certain body zones that need to be corrected and review the surgery plan again to make sure you get the desired result after the procedure.
- Body lifting is performed under general anesthesia. Depending on the number of areas, the operation takes 4-6 hours.
- A surgeon makes the incisions and separates the skin and the fat layer from the underlying tissues.
- A plastic surgeon closes the incisions.
How does the body lift process change depending on the body area?
Performing abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), a cosmetic specialist removes excess skin and subcutaneous fat of the abdomen tightening muscles in the abdominal wall. To avoid possible complications and reduce fluid accumulation, a plastic surgeon measures the drainage.
Excess skin in the thigh region (thigh lift) is removed by a longitudinal incision on the inner thigh or a horizontal incision on the outer thigh. The cuts are quite long, but they are usually not visible under clothing. During the operation, a surgeon can also perform a butt lift to correct the shape of the buttocks.
Brachioplasty or arm lift is carried out to eliminate sagging skin and excess adipose tissue from the upper inner surface of the shoulder. Usually, the incision goes from the armpit to the elbow. If the patient has fat accumulation in the shoulder area without excess skin, plastic surgeons perform lipo to suck out excess fat.
How long is the recovery period after body lifting in India?
Patients usually spend a night or two in the hospital after a body lift in India. The next day they start walking. To reduce swelling and discomfort, specialists recommend making compresses with cold water or ice. Drainage is removed a few days after the surgery.
A few days after the procedure, patients should stay at home. Taking a shower is possible only on the third day after body lifting in India. Physical activity is permitted for 6-8 weeks after the surgery.
The terms of the rehabilitation period are different depending on the type of operation. After all body lift types, it is necessary to wear a compression garment for at least 4 weeks.
The surgery is minimally invasive and does not cause severe pain. During the first days after the procedure, the patient may feel discomfort and tension. To eliminate this feeling, doctors prescribe postoperative treatment consisting mainly of painkillers and antibiotics.
During the postoperative period, the patient should remain under the supervision of a doctor. Follow-up examinations are necessary not only after the operation but also in the long term (one month, six months, and a year after the operation).
What are the body lift risks?
As any other plastic surgery, body lifting can lead to some complications. The most common among them are:
- seroma (fluid accumulation under the skin)
- hematoma (bleeding)
- scar contracture
- implant displacement
- blood clots
- deep vein thrombosis
- persistent pain.
To avoid complications after the body lift surgery, you must choose a highly-qualified plastic surgeon, pass medical tests and examinations, and accurately follow all the doctor’s recommendations.
What should you know about India before the trip?
Indian Rupee (you also can pay for services in USD)
Best period for the trip
Hindi (most of medical staff speaks English fluently)
Time difference with Europe
Time difference with the USA
Medical tourism center
Mumbai, New Delhi
Goa, Jaipur, Mumbai
What is the level of medicine in India?
Healthcare in India is based on cost-effective models. Most of the hospitals are private — 65% of annual GDP is out-of-pocket medical payments.
1.4 mln doctors provide excellent treatments in the country. 74% of the Indian medical care is private. The local healthcare centers have international and national certificates that confirm the high quality of services and patients' safety:
- JCI (Joint Commission International) — the international improver of healthcare quality and safety across the globe
- NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) — the Indian quality council establishing healthcare accreditation for medical centers within the country.
India has 39 JCI-accredited medical centers in contrast with 20 JCI-certified facilities in Germany and 10 hospitals in Israel.
Why is India trendy for medical tourism?
India is also a well-known country globally due to skillful doctors that have vast experience due to the high demand and excellent patient flow. Patients from the USA, UK, France, Germany, Kuwait, Iraq, Oman, Maldives, Yemen, Uzbekistan, and Sudan prefer treatment in India to other places.
Highly developed medical centers and first-rate therapeutic services at affordable prices attract people from all over the world. About 500,000 international patients travel to India annually. So the country is among Top 10 countries with the most developed medical tourism sector.
India is a top destination for medical tourists because of low-costs. You may save up to 75% on services compared to European countries or the USA due to the average local citizens' income and general price policy within the state.
What hotel services are provided here?
In India, hotels of different price ranges and service levels are presented. Most tourists choose 4 and 5-star hotels. Such hotels have everything for a comfortable stay: varied European and Asian food, a vast, well-groomed territory, animation for children and adults. Some hotels have a water park available to guests. Budget travelers can afford to book an economical 3-star hotel with half board or no meals at all.
What is the best time to visit India?
India is one of the most amazing states in South Asia. The cradle of the ancient civilization, Buddhism, and Hinduism. India is an excellent place to have vacation on the Goa and Kerala beaches, tours to picturesque Delhi, and the soaring Himalayas, open the treasures of the Golden Triangle and the ancient secrets of Ayurveda, for rave discos and yoga tours. Locals recommend traveling to India from October to March.
Do I need a visa?
International patients are required to receive an electronic visa (e-Visa). The maximum period of stay in the country with this visa type is 6 months. Read more about the visa terms for treatment in India here.
What documents are required to apply for a visa to India for treatment?
Visa for travel to India requires a number of documents. The necessary list of documents includes:
- ID card
- copy of online visa application form
- certificate of income and availability of funds
- recent size 2 photos
- proof of residential address
- booking of flight and hotel
- medical opinion about the need for treatment in India.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.