How much does lung transplant cost in India?
The average price of lung transplant in India is $93500, the minimum price is $90000, and the maximum price is $97000.
|Lung transplant||from $90000||-||-||-|
- Below average
- Above average
Highly rated Lung transplant clinics in India
The hospitals ranking is based on 299 requests, 74 patient reviews, prices, and information from 4 clinics
What is Bookimed?
The Best Lung Transplant Doctors in India
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
FAQ about Lung transplant in India
Features of a lung transplant in India
As of now, India is the only place where transplantation of organs from non-related donors is permitted by law. In other countries, it is either illegal or requires a citizenship. Donors are deceased people with ceased brain functions whose relatives gave their permission to use their organs for transplants.
Foreign patients and India citizens are positioned in the same queue, meaning an absence of preferences and shorter waiting period for international recipients. This also reduces the duration of patient’s stay in a hospital.
The lung transplant consists of 4 stages:
- Establishing connection. Contact the clinic via Bookimed to receive guidance through the process of preparing paperwork and contacting a clinic.
- Preoperative examination. Blood tests, medical documents review and psychological evaluation of a patient aimed to assess the eligibility for being placed on the waitlist.
- Transplant process. The operation takes from 6 to 12 hours, depending on its type and patient’s condition. A patient is under general anesthesia.
- Postoperative rehabilitation. A patient recovers in the hospital for 4-8 weeks. During this period a patient will be closely monitored and further recommendations considering follow-up care composed.
Lung transplant cost in India
The following factors influence the lung transplant cost in india:
- operation type: partial, single, double transplant, or combined double and heart transplant;
- urgency (it is possible to order a chartered flight to deliver organs if they were allocated too far away);
- patient’s condition;
- duration of stay in a guest house;
- duration of rehabilitation.
Lungs transplant cost in Delhi will be higher than lung transplant cost in Chennai since the former has a much bigger population and better economics. Despite the low price, service quality and doctor’s qualifications in India are as high as those in Israel and Germany. Only the most qualified surgeons with no less than 15 years of experience are permitted to participate in the procedure.
How to choose lungs transplant hospital in India
When choosing a clinic for operation, make sure you take into account following important points:
- Accreditation. Confirm that the clinic you’re applying to has at least one local or international certification. Certified hospitals work in accordance with world’s highest standards, provide the best quality services. Among these certificates are JCI (Joint Community International, controls the quality and safety of medical service), ISO (International Organization for Standardization, provides general quality certification), NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals), etc.
- Transplantation team experience. It consists of the main transplant surgeon, who is responsible for operation success. Learn about transplantologist qualifications, patient reviews, and medical degrees.Indian transplant surgeons are among the best in the world. They have over 15 years of experience and above 90% success rate.
- Information provided by other patients. Seek for the previous patient reviews considering treatment efficiency, service quality and overall satisfaction by the hospital.
If you have any issues or doubts considering and choosing the most suitable hospital, submit a request to Bookimed and our Medical Doctor Coordinator will provide you with detailed information about the procedure and hospitals.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.