Costs of ophthalmology procedures
|Laser eye surgery||$940 - $11100|
|Botox injections||$190 - $1800|
|LASIK eye surgery||$600 - $13000|
|Cataract surgery with IOL replacement||$480 - $22000|
|Laser trabeculoplasty||$250 - $4200|
✔️You are looking for the most appropriate treatment option or consultation with an ophthalmologist, but do not know how to manage it? Bookimed Medical Doctors will be happy to help you! For free.
Bookimed is an independent medical service for searching the best treatment options in the world. Bookimed makes world’s medical services available for everyone.
What can you get?
- free 24/7 Bookimed Medical Doctor assistance
- eyes treatment in the TOP medical center in Germany
- 95% of diagnostics acuity
- over 90% of eye therapy effectiveness
- second medical opinion (upon your request).
➤ Find out the world’s best eye hospitals below. ⇩
Highly rated Ophthalmology clinics by real patients
The hospitals ranking is based on 1395 requests, 95 patient reviews, prices, and information from 179 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Ophthalmology proceduresLaser eye surgery Botox injections LASIK eye surgery Cataract surgery with IOL replacement Laser trabeculoplasty
Best Ophthalmology doctors in the world provide a remote medical advice
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Ophthalmology Reviews by Bookimed patients
44 positive reviews on ophthalmology
9 negative reviews on ophthalmology
FAQ about Ophthalmology
Where is the best eye hospital in the world? Advantages and disadvantages of ophthalmology treatment in different countries
- Germany is considered as the leader in ophthalmology. Eye treatment in Germany is one of the most successful in Europe and the world;
- Medicines used by doctors in the treatment of ophthalmic diseases prevent further deterioration of vision in 90% of patients; 30% of patients have an improvement in image;
- The German doctors are the best eye surgeons in the world. They use cutting-edge canners and laser systems to provide the most effective treatment.
- The cost of medical services in Germany is 40% higher than in countries of Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Foreign patients need a visa to enter the county, except the citizens of the European Union.
- All German hospitals work on the system of prepaying. A patient should pay a percentage of the price before starting the treatment. This percent is different for citizens of different countries.
- The cost of laser correction in Turkey is 2 times lower than in Europe, and the quality of ophthalmologic services at the European level. It is 80% cheaper than in the UK, US, and Australia.
- Top ophthalmology hospitals provide patients with check-up programs(diagnostics of the whole body), the cost of which is available to almost everyone.
- Foreign patients do not need a visa for entering the country.
- The language barrier. Not all, but just a few doctors speak English.
- A patient may face troubles in obtaining documents required for foreign patients.
- Low cost. Quality services are at 40% lower prices than in European countries.
- High level of service in leading hospitals. Large clinics offer high-quality medical services, have the latest diagnostic and treatment devices, comfortable wards.
- Language. English-speaking doctors and staff who educated in Europe or the USA provide high-quality medical services in large institutions.
- Waiting time. The minimal or total absence of waiting for services.
- People are lack of information on the healthcare system in India. That’s why the patients hesitate about qualification of Indian specialists.
- The infrastructure of India is far from European standards.
- Cultural differences. Foreign patients can’t accept some aspects (religion, culture and even hygiene).
- For citizens of foreign countries, except citizens of Nepal and Bhutan, a visa is required to enter India.
- Highly qualified specialists. Best ophthalmologists in the world work in Israeli medical centers.
- Specialists of top eye clinics provide complex techniques for more effective treatment. A lot of such technologies were developed or improved in Israel.
- Best eye hospitals offer a high level of medical facilities and equipment.
- In most clinics, the staff speaks English, Russian and Arabic.
- Foreign patients do not need a visa to get treatment in Israel.
- The prices are significantly higher than in other Asian countries. However, the cost in top eye hospitals in Israel is on the same level than in European ones.
- Political situation. The conflict with Palestine and Arab countries (United Arab Emirates, Iran and Syria) is one of the reasons why many people do not request to Israeli clinics.
What should a patient pay attention to choosing top ophthalmology hospital?
- Accreditation. An important criterion in choosing a medical institution is its compliance with international standards. Appropriate certificates guarantee high-quality treatment and patient care. It is necessary to find out if the medical center you are interested in, has a license to provide the medical services that you need.
Best eye hospitals in the world usually have 2 worldwide known accreditations of medical institutions:
- JCI (Joint Commission International) accreditation;
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Specialists. The success and effectiveness of treatment depend mainly on the qualifications of the doctor.
When you choose a clinic, take notice if there are such specialists who can provide highly qualified help in the treatment of your disease.
- Equipment. Best ophthalmology hospitals in the world are equipped with all necessary technologies for the highest accuracy of the treatment.
Where can you find the best eye treatment in the world?
The most common and the most effective type of ophthalmology treatments is laser surgery LASIK. Ophthalmologists of medical centers in Germany, Turkey, India and Israel perform this type of laser surgery with a success rate up to 95%.
What are the advantages of the LASIK vision correction?
The benefits of the vision correction with LASIK are:
- The surgery is safe. Best ophthalmologists observe patients for a long time before and after the procedure. Observing helps doctors to prevent complications after the laser surgery.
- Suitable for treatment of all types of visual impairment. If a patient has no contraindications, then laser correction can restore vision almost at all the most common degrees of myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism,
- Suitable for patients of any age. Patients aged 18 to 55 are the optimal candidates for this procedure.
- The quickness of operating. The operating time of the laser surgery takes a few seconds - 1 minute. The rest of the time is spent on preoperative procedures and takes 10 minutes per eye.
- The absence of pain at all stages of the operation. The ophthalmologists instill anesthetic drops in the eyes, which block pain sensitivity. A patient has only a feeling of pressure at some stages of the surgery.
- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Within an hour after the operation, a patient may come home.
- Quick recovery of vision. 2 hours after the operation a patient can evaluate the first results of laser correction of vision. During 1 week, vision is stabilized.
- Longevity of the operation results. After the laser correction of vision, the shape of the cornea persists for whole life. If a patient does not have progressive myopia, the result of the operation remains for many years.
How to choose the best optical hospital?
Bookimed is a team of doctors who provide a patient with the necessary information and help to choose the best treatment options. The company employs practicing doctors, not the call center managers. Doctors face the problems of patients every day and know everything about the methods and benefits of treating diseases in clinics.
If you have any questions or in doubt with a chosen clinic, ask our Doctor-Coordinator, and he/she will provide you with information of:
- top eye hospitals in the world;
- the most suitable treatment options in your case;
- statistical data on the success of the ophthalmology treatment;
- give you advice about the best ophthalmologist in the world.
|Treatment of cataract|
|Cataracts in Children||from 13040$||-||-|
|Treatment of keratoconus|
|Corneal Transplant||from 8290$||-||-|
|Treatment of myopia|
|Myopia Diagnosis + Excimer Laser procedure||from 1605$||-||-|
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.