Costs of pediatric oncology procedures
|Radiotherapy||$500 - $30000|
|Brain tumor removal||$6200 - $47100|
|Radiation Therapy for Sarcomas||$500 - $25900|
|Lymphoma chemotherapy||$850 - $5000|
|MRI of one area||$100 - $1900|
|Biopsy||$30 - $4900|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $500|
|Angiography||$550 - $5450|
Below are represented the best pediatric oncology hospitals with the average success rate of cancer — 80%. The advantages of these children’s cancer treatment centers:
- Focus on the organ-preserving surgeries. The best pediatric cancer hospitals apply innovative techniques that allow preserving the eye in case of retinoblastoma, the limbs in case of sarcomas in 75-85% of cases.
- Molecular and genetic tests of the tumor to choose the most adequate therapies (for instance, innovative and sparing chemo-, immuno-, and targeted ones).
- Pediatric cancer treatment centers are designed as huge entertainment centers for children, so a little patient will forget about a disease and feel comfortable. Such positive atmosphere also increases chances for recovery.
Choosing the children's cancer hospital, take into account that the centers have different price policy and response speed that is important when the treatment is required immediately.
To speed up the pediatric treatment arrangement, submit a request on Bookimed. Our Medical Doctor will contact you to find the most competent children cancer hospital to treat a particular oncological disease and arrange the treatment as soon as possible — in 3 days for urgent cases.
Bookimed services do not affect the price from the hospital, you pay all charges right at the chosen pediatric cancer center.
Highly rated Pediatric Oncology clinics by real patients
The hospitals ranking is based on 400 requests, 55 patient reviews, prices, and information from 74 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Pediatric Oncology proceduresRadiotherapy Brain tumor removal Radiation Therapy for Sarcomas Lymphoma chemotherapy MRI of one area Biopsy Tumor Marker Blood Test Angiography
Best Pediatric Oncology doctors in the world provide a remote medical advice
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Pediatric Oncology Reviews by Bookimed patients
17 positive reviews on pediatric oncology
2 negative reviews on pediatric oncology
FAQ about Pediatric Oncology
Features of diagnostics in best pediatric cancer hospitals
Specialists prescribe diagnostic procedures depending on the type of suspected tumor. There are such procedures which are conducted in most of the cases:
- methods of visualization (MRI, PET-CT, CT, Ultrasound, X-ray, etc.)
- laboratory tests (urine and blood tests, examination for detecting specific tumor markers in blood)
- a biopsy is taken to identify a nature and type of tumor
- biopsy and lumbar puncture of a bone marrow shows whether it is affected by metastases
- genetic tests show a mutation in tumor and detect its kind with up to 99% accuracy.
According to these examinations, specialists choose specific chemotherapy regimen.
The main feature of diagnostics cancer in children is to make these procedures painless and comfortable for little patients. In some cases, infants or 2-4 years children cannot stay calm, and diagnostics is difficult to be performed. So, in the pediatric oncology hospitals, doctors apply special safe sedation. It means that all procedures are made when a kid is in a light dream: a patient does not feel any discomfort and doctors can perform the diagnostic procedure with up to 99% accuracy.
A child under sedation
Pediatric cancer: types and methods of treatment
Pediatric oncology unites such specific diseases:
- Retinoblastoma is a malignant tumor of the retina (also called eye cancer). In most of the cases, an eye and visual functions are possible to be saved. Treatment options include chemotherapy, coagulation (destruction of a tumor with a laser), cryotherapy (freezing of malignant cells), enucleation (removal of an eye, applied very rare — in 5-6% of cases).
- Neuroblastoma is cancer of sympathetic nervous system. It can appear in any part of a body, giving metastases to lymph nodes, healthy organs, and bone marrow. For treatment of neuroblastoma pediatric oncology physicians apply chemotherapy, immunotherapy (a safe and effective alternative to chemo), radiotherapy, surgery. But in some cases, self-recovery is observed — a tumor together with metastases suddenly disappear.
- Nephroblastoma (Wilm's tumor) is a malignant tumor affecting one or both kidneys. The primary methods for treatment are chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgical removal of nephroblastoma.
- Ewing’s sarcoma is a malignant tumor of bones. Most common treatment therapies are chemo, radio, proton therapies. Specialists apply a resection of cancer with the following prosthetics of an affected area, and amputation of an affected limb — in advanced cases only.
- Rhabdomyosarcoma is a soft tissue tumor. Chemo-, radio-, targeted- and immunotherapies are applied in the children's cancer centers.
Advantages of children’s cancer treatment centers in different countries
Pediatric oncology is successfully treated in children’s hospitals of Spain, Italy, Germany, Israel, Turkey, etc. Children's oncologists apply organ-preserving methods and sparing chemotherapy.
The treatment of pediatric oncology has its features in the above-mentioned countries:
- Pediatric cancer hospitals in Spain. One of the best pediatric cancer hospitals in Spain and Europe is Sant Joan de Déu. Here pediatric oncology specialists develop innovative therapies against cancer. For instance, Sant Joan is a first hospital in Spain which applied innovative immunotherapy by antibodies to the GD2 of neuroblastoma cells. It increases the recovery rate of patients with neuroblastoma at 20%. Oncologists also apply intra-arterial chemotherapy against retinoblastoma (chemo affects the only tumor without damaging healthy tissues) with recovery rate 90% in advanced cases. Dr. Mora Graupera is famous pediatric oncologist with a wide experience in development of innovative therapies.
- Best pediatric cancer hospital in Italy. One of the leading centers is Ospedale San-Raffaele. Specialists of the hospital apply experimental gene and stem cells therapies. Doctors are ready to accept children even in very advanced cases. The prices are ones of the lowest in Europe.
- Best pediatric cancer clinic in Germany. One of the best pediatric oncologists is Prof. Angelika Eggert working in Charite Hospital. Professor has developed the innovative therapy for neuroblastoma involving molecular therapy. Before going to a hospital, a patient needs to make a prepayment which covers diagnostics and treatment charges.
- Best pediatric cancer center in Israel. Specialists from the Dana Dwek Children’s Hospital (Sourasky) apply immuno-, bean-, brachy- and proton therapies. Specialists have achieved preservation of an eye in 91% of cases with retinoblastoma. The prices are approximately the same as in Germany, and a patient also needs to make a required prepayment which starts from $50,000. It covers all the charges for treatment and diagnostics in a hospital. Final amount can be changed (to become lower or higher) depending on a diagnosis.
- Best pediatric oncology hospital in Turkey. One of the leading clinics is Anadolu Medical Center. It is affiliated with the top world Johns Hopkins Hospital (USA), so all the treatment procedures are performed in strict compliance with American guidelines. The prices are 40-60% lower than in Europe with the same effectiveness. Moreover, a patient does not need to pay additionally for transfer and interpreter. No prepayments are necessary.
Success rates at Sant Joan de Deu
How to choose a hospital for kids with cancer?
Parents should take into account several factors while choosing cancer center for a child:
- Certificates to confirm international accreditation. Top pediatric cancer hospitals have a wide range of quality certificates. These documents prove doctors’ qualification, quality of an equipment and services for little patients.
- Specialized department and doctors. The hospital you are going to must have a dedicated unit where developments of innovative therapies are conducted. Moreover, It will make you sure that the medical institution has a broad experience in the treatment of pediatric oncology diseases.
- Statistics of recovery rates. Compare these indexes with average in the world, and learn which methods are applied to achieve them.
Tips for pediatric cancer treatment in centers beyond your country
- When doctors establish a diagnosis, be sure that you entrust a child’s health to the best professionals. The deal is that in some countries and hospitals doctors prescribe inappropriate chemotherapy regimen. During such a wrong treatment a tumor does not disappear but adapts to the drugs. In this case, top pediatric cancer centers can refuse to accept a child for further treatment because a tumor becomes insensitive and the following therapy is ineffective.
- If a little patient is in a serious condition, not every hospital is ready to accept such a patient. Do not give up and check all the variants.
- Prepare the documents: passports, medical reports (preferably, in English) and be ready for a trip to another country.
- Fill in the form on Bookimed. Doctor-Coordinator will help find the best pediatric oncology hospital for your particular case taking into account a diagnosis, condition of child’s health, financial ability. With Bookimed you can start treatment immediately without queues. Our services are free for a patient; you pay a bill at the clinic desk.
|Ewing's Sarcoma Diagnosis||-||-||from 6170$|
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.