The average cost of the consultation is $230. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $840.
Laparoscopic gastric band surgery
Medical procedures Included
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
Highly rated Endocrinology clinics for Diabetes type 2 Treatment
The hospitals ranking is based on 630 requests, 58 patient reviews, prices, and information from 95 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Common proceduresGastric band
Best Diabetes Type 2 Doctors, online doctor's consultation
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Reviews of patients treated for Diabetes type 2
FAQ about Diabetes type 2 Treatment
What is type 2 diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes (also called adult-onset or non-insulin-dependent) is a longstanding metabolic disorder. The body resists or doesn’t produce enough insulin to maintain glucose (sugar) level in blood.
How does diabetes appear?
The pancreas produces insulin which reduces blood glucose level. Insufficiency or lack of insulin causes diabetes. Body inability to use insulin correctly also leads to the disorder.
- Type 2 diabetes is one of the most common diseases in adults. Over 400 million people are living with diabetes according to World Health Organization estimate. It is 1 in 11 people.
- Over 640 million people worldwide will have diabetes by 2040 in accordance with the International Diabetes Federation assessment.
- 95% of the cases are type 2 diabetes in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- 24% of young people are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes despite the opinion that it is an adult-onset disease.
Best countries for diabetes treatment
The Federal Republic is the 3rd best country for diabetes medical tourism in the world according to Statista website.
German endocrinologists provide disease management programs (DMPs) for diabetes type 2 therapy. These programs consist of prevention, strategies, and therapy goals recommended in the international and national guidelines. DMPs improve the quality of diabetes mellitus healthcare and treatment process.
Bariatric surgery is the new treatment for type 2 diabetes and is performed in German hospitals. The size of the stomach is reduced by almost 90% during the operation.
India is among the countries with the highest number of diabetic people. ⅓ of all type 2 diabetes cases is caused with obesity. Weight loss surgery is performed in Indian diabetes treatment centers. During the operation, surgeons decrease the stomach size and help patients to lose weight.
Affordable pricing of the best hospitals for diabetes in India attract medical tourists from over the world. The prices are 40-100% lower than in Germany, the USA, Spain, or Israel. Procedures and the quality of their performing are the same.
Spain is the 7th country in the world to provide high-quality medical services according to World Health Organization (WHO). Spanish diabetic health clinics are among a few medical facilities worldwide where surgeons perform weight loss operation without a scalp.
92% of patients lose weight significantly after the surgical treatment of diabetes. Spanish doctors prefer complex approach in the disease treatment. Beside the surgery, specialists carry out diet therapy, patient’s hormones exam, drug therapy, psychological support, etc.
Type 2 diabetes therapy effectiveness
✔️ 50-95% of diabetic people achieve normalization of blood sugar level after obesity surgery. The effectiveness of the operation depends on the method applied.
✔️ Drug therapy cannot cure diabetes. Medications help to control blood sugar and stop the disease development.
How to choose the diabetes treatment center?
When choosing the best diabetes treatment centers pay attention to:
- Doctor’s experience. The success rate of the best treatment for diabetes type 2 depends on the endocrinologist qualification. Top specialists have certificates which confirm their professionalism.
- Accreditation. It guarantees maintaining of international guidelines. Certified hospitals provide high-quality services and ensure patient’s safety during the procedures.
- Patient’s reviews. People who have undergone treatment in the diabetes outpatient clinics share their experience. They provide information about the hospital stay, the best specialists, and pricing.
Diagnostics in the best hospitals for diabetes
The complete type 2 diabetes examination in the best diabetes treatment centers includes:
- A1C (glycated hemoglobin) test indicates average blood sugar level for the last 2-3 months. The higher blood sugar level is, the more hemoglobin a person has.
- Random blood sugar test is a blood glucose level exam performed for non-fasting people to diagnose diabetes. The test can be taken at any time.
- Fasting blood sugar test is taken after an overnight fast to detect insulin resistance or diabetes.
- Glucose tolerance test is an oral exam that measures body's ability to regulate sugar metabolism.
Which treatment is the best for diabetes?
Medication and insulin therapy
Specialists of diabetes outpatient clinics prescribe drug therapy in addition to diet and physical activity. Such complex approach helps patients to achieve target blood sugar level. The conclusion about the type of medication depends on the sugar level and the presence of diabetes-related problems.
In some cases, specialists in diabetes treatment centers prescribe insulin therapy. Using this treatment method a patient controls blood glucose level and can avoid complications of the disease. Patients have to inject insulin. They shouldn’t take it orally, because it can be digested.
During the consultation with an endocrinologist, the pros and cons of each medication are discussed. The best treatment for diabetes type 2 depends on the kinds of the drugs and aspects of the patient’s health.
Weight loss surgery
Diabetic people with BMI (body mass index) over 35 are candidates for the obesity surgery. 55-99% of patients achieve healthy blood sugar level after the procedure. The success rate of bariatric surgery depends on the operation method.
During the bariatric procedure, a surgeon reduces stomach size. That’s why people cannot eat a significant amount of food. Bypass surgery is considered the latest diabetes treatment. During the procedure, a surgeon bypasses a part of small intestine. It is more effective in comparison with other methods of obesity surgery.
How to undergo treatment in top diabetic health clinic?
✔️ Submit a request on Bookimed website, and a Medical Doctor, who specializes in endocrinology, will contact you. A Doctor will provide you with the information regarding the latest diabetes treatment.
Tell a Doctor about your preferences and ask questions. A Medical Doctor will help you to find the best hospital for diabetes therapy. Then s/he will request a treatment program from the chosen medical center.
❓ The cost of the treatment in your case will be included in the program. It is also possible to arrange a consultation with an endocrinologist.
❗️ We will keep in touch with you from start to finish of your medical trip.
Bookimed is an independent medical service. We do not represent the interests of any specific centers.
Bookimed services are paid for by partner clinics. Our patients pay for the procedures on account of the medical facility.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.