Why do patients look for top lymphoma hospitals overseas?
Top ranked hospitals for lymphoma cancer treatment are listed below. The rating is based on Bookimed expert opinion and patients' reviews. They picked these medical centers due to the following reasons:
- High success rates. According to the American Cancer Society statistics, the 5-year survival rates for Hodgkin’s lymphoma are about 90% for 1-2 stages and about 80% for the 3d stage if a treatment program is proper. Main methods can include chemotherapy, radioimmunotherapy, and targeted therapy for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients and bone marrow (stem cells) transplant for both lymphoma types.
- Advanced medical equipment. Best lymphoma treatment centers apply Novalis TrueBeam STx linear accelerator. The radiation targets a tumor only, not damaging healthy tissues and organs.
- Most top lymphoma clinics are involved in blood cancer trials. Scientists develop innovative lymphoma treatment options. For instance, gene therapy (CAR T-cell treatment) approved by FDA (the Food and Drug Administration, the USA). Patients are able to try new treatment if they meet trial requirements.
Submit a request on Bookimed and our medical doctor will give you a FREE consultation regarding an appropriate clinic for you. Together we will choose the best lymphoma treatment center!
Our services are completely free for patients — learn more about Bookimed on our website.
- The Hematologic Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Program was launched in 2010 at Anadolu Medical Center. Hematologic oncology is one of the most successful specialties there. Over 1,800 successful transplants have been carried out at Anadolu Medical Center.
- Professor Zafer Gülbaş is a leading hematologist-oncologist who heads the Bone Marrow Transplant Department at Anadolu. Prof. Gülbaş has over 29 years of experience in the field of hematologic diseases. The Professor worked at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Seattle, the USA) and was a visiting physician in the Molecular Hematology and Treatment Department of the MD Anderson Cancer Research Center (the USA).
- Anadolu Medical Center complies with strict international healthcare standards. The medical center is audited by Johns Hopkins Medicine International annually, within a partnership program to raise healthcare standards.
- Anadolu is among Top 5 European clinics in bone marrow transplants for lymphoma patients according to the hospital’s statistics.
Submit a request on Bookimed to get more details about Anadolu for lymphoma treatment.
HM Hospitales – famous network of private clinics in Madrid. It includes 6 multidisciplinary hospitals and 3 medical centers. НМ Monteprincipe and НМ Sanchinarro clinics were included in TOP 5 best private medical institutions in Spain.
- San Raffaele Bone Marrow Transplant Department is one of the largest in Italy. Over 1,000 bone marrow transplants are performed there each year. Among them approximately 90 related and unrelated donor allogeneic transplants for blood cancer patients. San Raffaele is a pioneer in haploidentical stem cell transplants followed by infusion of genetically modified donor T-cells promoting fast immune reconstruction.
- The hospital is involved in cancer treatment trials as the Strategic Research Program in Immunology and Bio-Immunotherapy of Cancer (PIBIC), Microenvironment and Genes in Cancers of the Blood (MAGIC) — patients with lymphoma have a chance to try new methods of treatment in case they meet strict requirements of trials.
Submit a request to Bookimed manager about the costs in the best hospital for lymphoma treatment.
Fuda Hospital is a world-renown cancer hospital located in Guangzhou, China.
Fuda Cancer Hospital treats oncology at any stage, including advanced cancer. Over 10 types of minimally invasive therapies are applied instead of chemotherapy. Among them are cryosurgery, NanoKnife, vascular interventional therapy, microwave hyperthermia treatment, etc.
Fuda doctors have achieved the most significant results in cancer treatment in the late stages.
The quality of Fuda medical services is confirmed by JCI (Joint Commission International), the global standard in healthcare.
Over 30,000 patients from over 100 countries have chosen Fuda to treat cancer.
- Medipol is one of the leading children's hematology oncology hospital in Turkey. The Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant Center treats all lymphoma types. 91.5% is success rate of treatment with bone marrow transplant at Medipol.
- Prof. Deniz Sargin has 35 years of experience in the field of hematology oncology. Dr. Sargin heads the Hematology Department at Medipol where applies targeted therapy together with radiotherapy and chemotherapy to treat lymphoma patients.
- Medipol Pediatric Hematology Department is one of the leading children's oncology centers in Turkey. The Department specialists provide MIBG therapy, a high-dose radioactive agent treatment. Such a therapy is safer than traditional radiotherapy — it delivers radiation precisely to a tumor saving healthy tissues. It is effective even for advanced cancer according to the hospital’s data.
- Medipol Hospital has got accreditation from Joint Commission International, an authoritative organization evaluating world-class clinics around the world.
How to choose the best hospital for lymphoma treatment?
Top medical facilities providing successful lymphoma treatment worldwide are listed on this page. To understand what facility is the most appropriate for you. Pay attention to these aspects while searching for the best cancer center for lymphoma:
- Doctor's experience. Check doctor’s CVs to find out whether they are specialized in your case. Take into account the education, internships background, number of successful operations performed, patients' reviews.
- Clinic's accreditation. Make sure a lymphoma hospital is certified by international organizations like JCI (Joint Commission International) or ISO (International Standardization Association). The best lymphoma treatment centers have multiple certificates approving the high quality of medical services.
- High-quality medical options. Be sure a hospital applies advanced lymphoma cancer treatment appropriate for your case.
- Patients’ reviews. Find the reviews from people who have already treated lymphoma at a chosen medical center.
Still have some questions? Submit a request on Bookimed website and our manager will contact you to consult you the best lymphoma treatment centers.
What therapies are used in the best lymphoma treatment centers?
See what treatment options are applied at the best lymphoma treatment centers:
Immunotherapy & targeted therapy. These both therapies are applied in the hospitals listed on this page to treat hard-to-cure lymphoma. Immunotherapy provides drugs which boost the patient’s immunity to detect cancer cells and damage them without affecting healthy ones. Targeted therapy is used to destroy malignant formations without a negative impact on healthy cells. Such a treatment is recognized as more precise than conventional chemotherapy.
Gene therapy. Such an innovative treatment was approved by FDA (the Food and Drug Administration) in 2018. Most Israeli clinics apply CAR T-cell therapy, one of the gene therapy types. That means a patient’s T-cells (immune cells) are stored and modified in the laboratory. They are grown there and then injected to a patient’s blood to destroy lymphoma cells.
Bone marrow transplant. Specialists can also apply autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplants for patients with difficult cases. Autologous transplant includes the harvesting of the patient’s stem cells in remission. Then a patient undergoes chemotherapy and after that gets back stored stem cells which start affecting malignant cells. Allogeneic transplant provides transferring stem cells from a healthy donor to a patient with lymphoma.
Chemotherapy vs immunotherapy: what treatment is more effective?
To treat lymphoma, specialists may use one of these therapies, but they provoke different effect on a human’s body. Chemotherapy attacks both cancerous and healthy cells and causes severe side effects as hair loss, nausea, etc.
Immunotherapy leads to less serious side effects as rash, diarrhea. Moreover, a doctor can prescribe immunotherapy when chemo does not work. But correctly established chemotherapy provokes high success rate for lymphoma patients.
Top 3 countries to treat lymphoma
Israeli medical facilities are recognized among the greatest ones for treatment of lymphoma and other hematologic diseases. Hematologists of Israel are world-renowned specialists who have developed such therapies as immunotherapy and CAR T-cell which show a great result when traditional therapies are ineffective.
Hospitals in Germany provide accurate lymphoma treatment worldwide. The best German specialists carry out stem cell transplants and apply the latest therapies for patients with hematologic malignancies. Treatment of advanced lymphoma is provided in German medical centers.
Medical centers in Turkey provide advanced lymphoma treatment at affordable prices in comparison with German and Israeli hospitals. Turkey offers more affordable costs due to general price policy within the country and income of local citizens. However, healthcare quality complies to strict international standards. Turkish doctors have completed their internships and fellowships in world-class US medical institutions. Only advanced treatments are applied to treat hematologic malignancies. Find the best Turkish lymphoma medical centers.
Are Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas curable?
59-69% are 5- and 10-year survival rates for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and 80-85% — for Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
What aspects influence success rate of lymphoma treatment?
- Age of the patient. If you are under 60 years and has 1-2 stages, it is easier to treat malignancy. In such a case, cancer is not spread to other organs and occurs more curable.
- Cancer stage. Prognosis is more positive for 0-2 stages but advanced lymphoma can be treated as well if a correct treatment plan has been established.
- General health condition. Having good health may help to fight cancer faster.
See how to arrange a travel for lymphoma treatment with Bookimed below.
How to receive lymphoma treatment with Bookimed?
- Submit a request on our website — Bookimed manager will contact you in the shortest time.
- You will get all info about the best lymphoma medical centers.
- Then your medical docs will be sent to a chosen hospital.
- Within 4-5 days you will receive a preliminary treatment plan with prices.
- Bookimed manager will help you to arrange your medical trip and will support you 24/7 till you come back home.
Get a free consultation about the best places for lymphoma treatment — submit a request now.
How much does lymphoma treatment cost ?
|Chemotherapy for breast cancer||$300 - $2700|
|Radiation therapy for colorectal cancer||$19000|
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1900|
|Biopsy||$450 - $4900|
|CT (computer tomography)||$190 - $1400|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $950|
|Breast biopsy||$560 - $2400|
|Thyroid biopsy||$560 - $1500|
Doctors calculate the cost of lymphoma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final lymphoma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
77 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate lymphoma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $250. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average treatment price is $105000. The lowest price is $90000 and the highest — $120000.
- Dr. Zelig Eshhar, the pioneer investigator of the latest CAR (chimeric antigen receptor) T-cell therapy for lymphoma treatment, works in Sourasky Hospital. During this therapy, white blood T-cells identify tumors and destruct them. CAR T-cell therapy affects refractory tumors resistant to chemo- and radiotherapies and helps patients to achieve remission faster than with traditional therapies.
- Doctors at Sourasky provide chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant for advanced lymphoma. Immunotherapy is also applied to boost the patient’s immunity to destroy malignant cells not affecting healthy ones.
- Sourasky Hematology Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Department provides a lymphoma treatment for children. The hospital’s specialists have a multidisciplinary approach to each case — they discuss it to make a correct and effective treatment plan. The medical team helps children to feel comfortable during the hospital stay.
- Teknon is a partner Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (New York) ranked top 2 cancer hospital according to the U.S. News & World Report’s rating. Together they work on innovative methods of treatment for lymphoma.
- Professor Emili Montserrat, one of the most experienced world-class hematologists, works at Teknon Medical Center. Prof. Montserrat has 40 years of research experience in hematology oncology. The doctor is also an expert on leukemias and lymphomas for the World Health Organization(WHO).
If you want to check the costs in the best hospital for lymphoma treatment, submit a request on our website.
Vienna General Hospital (AKH) is one of the most innovative clinics in Europe. It has a long 300-year history. Vienna Medical Clinic includes over 42 university hospitals and institutes, 6 own laboratories, 10,000 employees of staff. AKH Vienna Hospital in Austria guarantees high standards and innovative technologies in all fields of medicine. Vienna Hospital is “a city in a city” with specialized medical centers, shops, restaurants and branches of a bank.
- Bumrungrad Hospital has become a top destination for medical tourists on the report of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, a journal publishing original medical research, analyzes, and reviews.
- It is the 1st hospital built in Asia according to the United States National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards. Bumrungrad is safe and comfortable hospital for patients.
- It is the first medical facility outside of North America using IBM Watson for oncology treatment. It’s aquestion-answering computer system helping doctors to provide effective treatments for cancer patients.
- Bumrungrad specialists provide effective targeted and immuno therapies to prevent blood cancer cells from spreading around the body.
- Experienced hematologists carry out hematopoietic stem cell and peripheral blood stem cell transplants to treat leukemia, lymphoma, aplastic anemia, and bone marrow cancers.
- The Hematology and Oncology Department at Helios Berlin-Buch is one of the biggest in Europe.
- The Head of Helios Hematology Department, Prof. Bertram Glass and his team of more than 25 experienced world-class doctors perform over 200 transplants annually. That exceeds the Ministry of Health maximum standard more than 8 times. For comparison, other German clinics carry out on average 80-100 transplants per year.
- At Helios, specialists provide high-dose chemotherapy followed by stem cell transplant with autologous (your own) or allogeneic (donor) stem cells to achieve a successful outcome.
- Immunotherapy is also applied to boost the patient’s immune system to fight lymphoma tumor.
- 50-90% is a success rate for advanced lymphoma treatment according to the hospital’s data. Success often depends on the patient’s state of health.
- Helios Berlin-Buch has a certificate from the German Society of the Oncology, the largest expert institution of this specialty in Germany.
Submit a request on Bookimed to get more details about lymphoma treatment.
- Sant Joan de Déu is one of the top children's hematology and oncology hospitals in Spain and Europe. The Center has its own Laboratory for molecular medicine where innovative therapeutic methods are developed.
- At the hospital, specialists perform a molecular diagnostic of a tumor to determine if it requires intensive post-surgery treatment.
- According to the hospital’s statistics, the survival rate after bone marrow transplant rises. To 90-100% after allogeneic transplant from a related donor, and 70-80% after unrelated one.
- Dr. Isabel Badell Serra, a world-class pediatric hematologist-oncologist in Sant Joan de Déu with experience of 39 years. Dr. Badell Serra participated in the first haematopoietic stem cell transplant in Spain, has performed over 500 of them.
- To know more about other best children's hematology and oncology hospitals, submit a request on our website. Bookimed manager is ready to help you!
- The high level of healthcare at Liv Hospital is approved by American Joint Commission International (JCI) quality accreditation certificate, European ISO (the International Organization of Standardization) and TÜV SÜD (leading quality inspection system) certificates.
- The hospital works with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center, one of the oldest cancer centers providing effective strategies to treat malignant diseases.
- LIV Hospital Robotic Surgery Center is considered a Center of Excellence by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) due to its quality, safety, and care.
- The team of experienced hematologists provides treatment over 25 years. Prof. Oral Nevruz treats adults and Dr. Hilmi Apak gives treatment to children.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
- Asklepios Barmbek Cancer Center is certified by the German Cancer Society, an authoritative organization including research specialists who develop innovative cancer treatment options.
- At Asklepios, doctors treat lymphoma in the Hematology Oncology Department. This medical institution is one of the top lymphoma treatment centers in Germany due to professional physicians and contemporary equipment of the medical facility.
- Lymphoma cancer treatment options at Asklepios consist of chemo-, radio-, targeted therapies (and their combinations), as well as bone marrow transplant. Immunotherapy is also applied to make the patient's immunity to fight malignant cells itself.
- Multidisciplinary team discusses each case on conference to provide lymphoma patients with appropriate treatment.
At Samsung Medical Center physicians treat lymphoma in the Division of Hematologic Malignancy. Oncologists constantly participate in scientific research, developing new chemotherapy agents and regimen.
Thanks to the multidisciplinary approach, each patient receives high-quality personalized care. Bone marrow and stem cells transplantations are also possible in the Clinic. Chemo- and targeted therapy courses can be carried out on an outpatient regime.
Oncohematology Department specializes in the treatment of blood diseases: chronic and acute leukemia, Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, anemia.
Diagnosis is performed by biopsy and bone marrow analysis. To detect metastases, a positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) is used.
For treatment, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation are prescribed.
- At Memorial Sisli, specialists apply high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplant to treat recurrent Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- About 100 bone marrow transplants are performed each year at Memorial Sisli. 80% is a success rate after the procedure according to the hospital’s data.
- New antibody drug Brentuximab vedotin is used in Memorial Sisli Hospital to treat Hodgkin’s lymphoma in relapse.
- Doctors use DigniCap system to avoid hair loss in patients during chemotherapy. A cap cools scalp, the blood vessels constrict and chemotherapy does not influence hair roots.
- In the hospital, all the wards are equipped with HEPA-filters and separate ventilation to prevent infections during and after stem cell transplants.
The Department of Oncohematology in Nordwest Clinic (Germany) has the Center for Blood Cancer Treatment certificate. Doctors treat leukemia, lymphoma, coagulation, and hematopoiesis.
Specialists use chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and bone marrow transplantation.
The Oncohematology Department specializes in the treatment of leukemia, Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, multiple myeloma and anemia.
Doctors in the Clinic use innovative methods: treatment with monoclonal antibodies and targeted drugs. They affect cancer cells without damaging the healthy ones.
- The hospital’s Hematology Oncology Department is accredited by the European Bone Marrow Association (Istanbul, Turkey).
- In Medicana International Ankara Hospital, specialists apply autologous (patient’s own stem cells) and allogeneic (donor) stem cell transplants for lymphoma patients.
- Chemotherapy is also applied to treat malignant hematologic disorders as Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Medicana specialists conduct about 190 bone marrow transplants each year.
Best lymphoma doctors
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
|Diagnostic Plan For Lymphoma||from 6452$||-||-|
|Diagnostics before BMT + BMT||from 37930$||-||-|