- Anadolu cooperates with the John Hopkins Hospital, ranked No. 3 best hospital according to the U.S. News & World Report. Hospital physicians work with American colleagues to develop new medical options for blood cancer patients.
- The Hematology Department is the 3rd in Europe by the number of bone marrow transplants. Only in September 2018 specialists have conducted over 1,800 successful transplants.The Department includes the stem cell and HLA typing laboratory to determine the compatibility of a patient and a donor.
- The Anadolu doctors provide radiotherapy with advanced linear accelerator TrueBeam Edge — radiation directly affects cancer cells with accuracy to 0.5 mm not damaging healthy tissues.
Vienna General Hospital (AKH) is one of the most innovative clinics in Europe. It has a long 300-year history. Vienna Medical Clinic includes over 42 university hospitals and institutes, 6 own laboratories, 10,000 employees of staff. AKH Vienna Hospital in Austria guarantees high standards and innovative technologies in all fields of medicine. Vienna Hospital is “a city in a city” with specialized medical centers, shops, restaurants and branches of a bank.
- Teknon Medical Center is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International), an official American organization certifying US clinics quality.
- The Hematology Oncology Department at Teknon belongs to the Institute of Oncology. It cooperates with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center (USA) to develop new blood cancer options.
- Professor Emili Montserrat, world-class hematologist, has 40 years of research experience in hematology oncology. Dr. Montserrat is also an expert on leukemias and lymphomas for the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Medipol Hospital has accreditation from Joint Commission International, official organization evaluating American clinics quality.
- Prof. Deniz Sargin with experience of 35 years heads the Hematology Department at Medipol. Dr. Sangin uses targeted cancer therapy with radiotherapy and chemotherapy to fasten the patients’ recovery.
- Medipol is one of the leading children's hematology oncology hospital in Turkey. The Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant Center treats leukemia, all lymphoma types, and hard-to-cure tumors. The effectiveness of treatment with bone marrow transplant in Medipol is 91.5%.
- Medipol Pediatric Hematology Department is one of the leading children's oncology center in Turkey. The department specialists use MIBG therapy in children with advanced neuroblastoma. This treatment is safer than traditional radiotherapy — it directs radiation precisely to a tumor saving healthy tissues and it is effective for metastatic cancer.
- Bumrungrad Hospital has become a top destination for medical tourists on the report of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, a journal publishing original medical research, analyzes, and reviews.
- It is the 1st hospital built in Asia according to the United States National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards. Bumrungrad is safe and comfortable hospital for patients.
- It is the first medical facility outside of North America using IBM Watson for oncology treatment. It’s aquestion-answering computer system helping doctors to provide effective treatments for cancer patients.
- Bumrungrad specialists provide effective targeted and immuno therapies to prevent blood cancer cells from spreading around the body.
- Experienced hematologists carry out hematopoietic stem cell and peripheral blood stem cell transplants to treat leukemia, lymphoma, aplastic anemia, and bone marrow cancers.
How much does myeloma treatment cost ?
|MRI of one area||$140 - $1450|
|Tumor Marker Blood Test||$30 - $1500|
Doctors calculate the cost of myeloma treatment individually for each patient. The price depends on the disease type, complications (if any), hospital's reputation, and doctor's experience. You may get the final myeloma treatment cost only after complete diagnostics and consultation with a doctor.
64 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate myeloma treatment cost is:
- The average cost of the consultation is $220. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $810.
- The average cost of myeloma diagnostics is $2400. The lowest price is $1750 and the highest — $3650.
- The Hematology Oncology Department at Sourasky accepts 10,000 patients per year. Doctors of the Department treat lymphomas, leukemias, myeloma etc.
- At Sourasky, Prof. Zelig Eshhar develops the revolutionary CAR T-cell therapy, which launches engineered patients’ T-cells to destroy hematologic diseases. In 2018, the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved CAR T-cell therapy as effective treatment for blood cancer patients.
- According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology, 33 patients of 35 with multiple myeloma have reached the remission after 2 months of CAR T-cell therapy — it’s 94% of patients.
- The Pediatric Hematology Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Division of Sourasky Medical Center works in Dana-Dwek Children's Hospital. The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of malignant and benign hematologic diseases in children. It accepts approximately 3,500 patients every year.
- The Pediatric Hematology Oncology Department’s specialists perform autologous (self-donated) and allogeneic (donated) stem cell transplants.
- Helios Berlin-Buch has received a certificate from the German Society of Oncology, largest expert institution of Oncology in Germany uniting experienced cancer researchers.
- The hospital is among top best hospitals in Germany according to Forbes. The rating is based on success rate, medical equipment, doctors’ experience, and patient’s reviews.
- Annually Helios Berlin Buch accepts over 200,000 patients.
- The Hematology and Oncology Department at the Helios Berlin-Buch is one of the largest in Europe. Its big and experienced medical team performs over 200 stem cell transplants per year in comparison to other German hospitals, which conduct on average 80 transplants each year.
- The high level of healthcare at Liv Hospital is approved by American Joint Commission International (JCI) quality accreditation certificate, European ISO (the International Organization of Standardization) and TÜV SÜD (leading quality inspection system) certificates.
- The hospital works with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center, one of the oldest cancer centers providing effective strategies to treat malignant diseases.
- LIV Hospital Robotic Surgery Center is considered a Center of Excellence by the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC) due to its quality, safety, and care.
- The team of experienced hematologists provides treatment over 25 years. Prof. Oral Nevruz treats adults and Dr. Hilmi Apak gives treatment to children.
Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan is one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. It applies exclusive methods for rare immune system and genetic diseases treatment.
Among its achievements — the world's first stem cell therapy for patients with severe combined immune deficiency disorder.
Oncology, oncohematology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and gynecology are the strongest specialities here.
Surgeons of the medical center perform over 50,000 operations annually.
- Sant Joan de Déu is one of the top children's hematology and oncology hospitals in Spain and Europe. The Center has its own Laboratory for molecular medicine where innovative therapeutic methods are developed.
- At the hospital, specialists perform a molecular diagnostic of a tumor to determine if it requires intensive post-surgery treatment.
- According to the hospital’s statistics, the survival rate after bone marrow transplant rises. To 90-100% after allogeneic transplant from a related donor, and 70-80% after unrelated one.
- Dr. Isabel Badell Serra, a world-class pediatric hematologist-oncologist in Sant Joan de Déu with experience of 39 years. Dr. Badell Serra participated in the first haematopoietic stem cell transplant in Spain, has performed over 500 of them.
- To know more about other best children's hematology and oncology hospitals, submit a request on our website. Bookimed manager is ready to help you!
The Oncohematology Department in Asklepios Medical Group (Hamburg) is the largest in Northern Germany. Doctors of the Department treat acute and chronic leukemia, lymphomas. The Center of the Bone Marrow Transplantation operates on the basis of the Department.
Annually, 4 000 patients successfully undergo chemo- and immunotherapy treatment.
At the Department innovative method of cancer treatment is available: targeted therapy. It only affects cancer cells and has no side effects.
The team of doctors consists of oncologists, oncohematologists and psycho-oncologists.
Oncohematology Department specializes in the treatment of blood diseases: chronic and acute leukemia, Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, anemia.
Diagnosis is performed by biopsy and bone marrow analysis. To detect metastases, a positron emission computer tomography (PET-CT) is used.
For treatment, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation are prescribed.
The Department of Oncohematology in Memorial Hospital (Istanbul, Turkey) specializes in the therapy of blood and lymphatic pathologies.
Patients with lymphomas, leukemias, multiple myeloma, anemia and bleeding disorders receive therapy here. They undergo chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation.
Severance Hospital in Korea is an international multidisciplinary clinic at Yonsei University, located in Seoul South Korea. Yonsei Severance Hospital's Health System includes: oncology and rehabilitation centers, pediatric and women's clinics, cardiovascular center and Clinic of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. The Hospital has been certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and serves 1.6 million outpatients annually.
Zulekha Hospital Dubai is a private multidisciplinary medical facility that is a part of Zulekha Healthcare Group. The Hospital specializes in cardiology and heart surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, and childbirth.
JCI certificate and Dubai Quality Award prove the high quality of medical services of the Hospital.
International patients from Germany, India, Pakistan, and Nigeria choose this Clinic.
Memorial Hospital Bahçelievler (Memorial Bahçelievler Hastanesi) is a multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul with an eco-friendly design. There are a lot of green areas on the hospital territory, which contribute to patients’ psychological comfort and their speedy recovery.
The medical facility specializes in cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, urology, gynecology, general and robotic surgery.
BGS Global Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Bangalore, India, specialized in oncology, neurosurgery, and hepatology. For cancer treatment, this hospital uses the last version of radiotherapy equipment, such as TrueBeam STx that accurately irradiates a tumor even in hard-to-reach areas.
Annually, Global Hospital Bengaluru gives treatment for over 53,000 patients. Doctors of this hospital have performed more than 30,000 operations.
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multispecialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology.
Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from European, Middle Eastern, and Asian countries choose Hisar Hospital.
The Department of Oncohematology at the Apollo Hospital (Delhi, India) specializes in the treatment of acute and chronic leukemia, aplastic anemia, multiple myeloma, Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas.
Doctors of Apollo have performed over 700 bone marrow transplants.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.
Best myeloma doctors
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics