Highly rated clinics by real patients
The clinics rating is based on 119 requests, 34 patient reviews, prices, and information from 45 clinics
- Anadolu is a leading medical center for the gastric band in Turkey among international patients. The hospital is in the list of Top 10 facilities by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA).
- Specialists follow American standards and protocols of treatment at 20-30% lower gastric band cost than in the US due to the living wage in Turkey.
- Bumrungrad specialists perform high-quality laparoscopic (lap) band surgery in Thailand with new technologies. Because of the state-of-the-art equipment, Bumrungrad is marked among Top 30 most technologically advanced hospitals worldwide by OnTopList.
- Bumrungrad is a top choice for the gastric band in Thailand and Asia among international patients. The hospital is the first center in Asia to get GHA (Global Healthcare) Accreditation.
- The gastric band surgery in Thailand cost 2-3 times lower than in Germany, Spain, and the US. So at Bumrungrad, you may find the excellent and affordable gastric band.
- Sachsenhausen Hospital is recognized as one of the best facility for the gastric band in Germany according to Focus magazine, reputable medical edition within the country.
- 90% of the procedures are minimally invasive. A patient recovers quickly after the surgery. No scars remain.
- The stomach band surgery cost in Sachsenhausen Hospital includes consultation with a doctor, the procedure, and in-hospital stay.
- Teknon is recognized as a leading medical facility for the gastric band in Europe due to the excellent services and has received the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) accreditation.
- Doctors apply innovative instruments and follow international standards of health care that are regulated by JCI (Joint Commission International), an authoritative organization promoting high-quality care in medical centers worldwide.
- When choosing Teknon, note that the surgery is paid before its performing. The lap band surgery cost here is calculated individually and may change according to prescribed procedures (if required).
- The Obesity Clinic of Liv Hospital is considered the center of excellence due to high success rates of the gastric band in Turkey. People lose 40-50% of excess weight.
- 50,000 medical tourists choose Liv each year. They go for VIP services and reasonable gastric band surgery cost, which is 2 times lower than in European countries.
- People lose 40-50% of excess weight after the procedure.>/li>
LIV Hospital offers to perform gastric band from $6400. The hospital ranking is 4.6 according to 83 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. The travel arrangement takes 4 days. The medical center provides a patient with translator, free airport-clinic transfer and free clinic-airport transfer. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of gastric band in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
- Sourasky Bariatric Surgery Department represents one of the highest success rates for surgeries — over 90% of gastric band procedures undergo without any complications and side effects as the clinic reports.
- The hospital is among Top 10 world's medical centers according to Newsweek magazine and is popular with international patients.
- The Israeli Ministry of Health regulates the private gastric band cost at Sourasky, so local and outbound patients pay the same prices for medical care services.
- Asklepios Barmbek is one of the well-known clinics for gastric band abroad among medical travelers as the Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA) reports.
- The hospital is marked as one of the best in Germany by Focus magazine, authoritative medical edition in the country.
- The lap band cost at Asklepios is average within the country. But pay attention that you should prepay the procedure before your arrival at Asklepios according to the internal clinic rules.
Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan is one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. It applies exclusive methods for rare immune system and genetic diseases treatment.
Among its achievements — the world's first stem cell therapy for patients with severe combined immune deficiency disorder.
Oncology, oncohematology, neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, and gynecology are the strongest specialities here.
Surgeons of the medical center perform over 50,000 operations annually.
European Interbalkan Medical Center is a multidisciplinary hospital in Thessaloniki, Greece.
The specialties are the following: robotic surgery, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, oncology and complete examination (check-up).
The hospital cooperates with the world’s leading medical institutions — Massachusetts General Hospital (USA) and Harvard University (USA).
Severance Hospital in Korea is an international multidisciplinary clinic at Yonsei University, located in Seoul South Korea. Yonsei Severance Hospital's Health System includes: oncology and rehabilitation centers, pediatric and women's clinics, cardiovascular center and Clinic of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology. The Hospital has been certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) and serves 1.6 million outpatients annually.
Medicana Group of Hospitals is a large healthcare organization that follows world’s standards of treatment. It comprises 12 modern clinics and employs over 3,500 medical personnel. All hospitals have high-tech equipment, caring and experienced medical staff. Medicana Hospitals meet quality and service standards of the Turkish Ministry of Health and the Joint Commission International (JCI).
Medicana Hospitals Group offers to perform gastric band from $10000. The hospital ranking is 4.4 according to 40 patient reviews. The medical center is located in Istanbul, Turkey. The travel arrangement takes 1 days. The medical center provides a patient with free airport-clinic transfer, free clinic-airport transfer and translator. Feel free to request Bookimed to compare the prices and costs of gastric band in Turkey and make a shortlist of the most suitable clinics.
Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul is the largest multidisciplinary medical center in Istanbul. It is the 1st hospital in Turkeу and the 21st in the world accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) for the high quality of treatment.
Memorial Şişli specialties are the following: oncology, bone marrow transplant, in vitro fertilization (IVF), neurosurgery, and organ transplant. The success rate of organ transplant at Memorial is 90%.
Patients from 92 countries choose Memorial Şişli for treatment annually.
- 100% of patients are satisfied with the results of the gastric band at Kardiolita according to the clinic's data.
- Kardiolita Hospital provides weight loss band surgery cost 60% lower than in German or Israeli clinics as a result of price policy within the country.
- This hospital is the first in Lithuania to receive JCI (Joint Commission International), an accreditation that promotes high-quality standards in the medical facilities worldwide.
Ewha Woman's University Medical Center (EUMC) is a multidisciplinary hospital for women only. It's located in Seoul, South Korea.
The treatment of breast, thyroid, urogenital cancers, and joint replacement — are the clinic's top specialties.
Ewha doctors focus on the aesthetic results of the procedures. They perform minimally invasive operations through small incisions so that a woman does not get visible scars.
Patients from Europe, Russia, China, and the United Arab Emirates choose Ewha Medical Center every year.
Policlinico San Donato is a leading Italian clinic for cardiology and cardiac surgery.
Doctors perform over 9,400 open and minimally invasive operations on the heart and blood vessels annually. It is the largest number in the country.
Сardiology, heart surgery, arrhythmology, and rehabilitation are the top specialities in San Donato Hospital.
Clinica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) is the best private Spanish hospital in 2018 according to MERCO (monitoring organization of medical reputation).
Navarra is a leading sarcoma center. 74% of patients get cured of bone sarcoma; and in up to 95% of cases, an affected limb is preserved.
Oncology, Onco-Hematology, Organ Transplant, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery are the primary specialties in Navarra Hospital.
Hospital de Navarra is the 1st in Spain that has received JCI, the US certificate for the high quality of medical services.
Over 700,000 patients from 70 countries have been treated at Navarra.
BLK bariatric specialists recommend the minimally invasive gastric band surgery in India. The operation is performed in the Center for Digestive and Liver Diseases. A surgeon makes 0.5-1 cm incisions in the abdomen to place the band in the upper part of the stomach. There are no cuts and stapling during the surgery.
Gastric band surgery lasts 1 hour. A patient’s hospitalization takes 2-4 days. The operation is reversible. A surgeon may remove the bandage at any time.
BLK medical personnel presents the low costs for gastric band surgery in India. The prices here are 3-4 times more economical in comparison with German, Israeli, Spanish, or American hospitals.
Gastric band Doctors
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
What is the gastric band?
The gastric banding is a method of weight loss to reduce the amount of food taken by a patient. It is one of the most effective methods of treatment pathological excess weight.
Stomach band process
During the procedure, a surgeon puts the upper part of the stomach on a silicone cuff or gastric band. It narrows the stomach cavity and regulates the speed of food movement through it.
Part of the stomach above the band stretches, causing a feeling of satiety. The band size can be further regulated. The size of the band is determined individually for a particular patient.
What is the effectiveness of gastric band abroad?
Obese patients lose less excess weight after banding than after stomach bypass or sleeve resection. 20-30% of patients need re-operation in 10 years due to bandage wearing out or insufficient weight loss.
Patients with body mass index (BMI) under 40 kg/m2 can undergo the stomach banding. Features of the procedure are the following:
- the success rate of the surgery: 100%
- operation time: 1 hour
- in-hospital stay: 2-4 days
- loss of excess weight: 40-50%
- reversibility: possible.
What are advantages of the gastric band abroad?
The operation is performed laparoscopically. It means that surgeons do not cut the abdomen during the procedure. They make 5 punctures in 0.5-1 cm of size.
The gastric band is a low traumatic operation. The risk of postoperative complications is low.
Among the possible complications are:
- sagging of the skin
There is no need for rehabilitation and prolonged postoperative observation of a patient. Laparoscopic gastric banding is performed under general anesthesia.
100% is reversibility of the operation. Unlike many serious interventions, the bandage can be easily removed at any time.
Stomach band surgery lasts from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Are any contraindications to weight loss band surgery?
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- alcoholism, drug addiction
- age of a patient is under 18 years
- frequent or continuous intake of NSAIDs by a patient (including aspirin)
- unwillingness or inability to follow the diet
- allergic reactions to the bandage material
- emotional instability or any psychological impairment of a patient.
What is the lap band cost without insurance?
Doctors determine how much is lap band surgery for each patient individually. The price depends on the patient's condition and related disease treatment. As the price is calculated in each particular case, some clinics in this listing do not represent prices for the operation. However, the lowest price of gastric band starts from $5,000.
In some cases the gastric band cost is covered by insurance. However, this and other insurance terms you should specify in your insurance agent.
Where is the best place for the gastric band abroad?
Germany is one of the best countries for gastric band abroad. 90% of obese patients lose 50-65% of excess fat after the procedure here. On average, people lose 5-7 kg within a month. The procedure in German hospitals performed laparoscopically (by lap method). Stomach band is minimally invasive and reduces the risks of complications.
How much does lap band surgery cost? The price for the procedure in Germany is 2-4 times higher than in India, Thailand, or Turkey. The high level of healthcare development and the average price policy explain the lap band surgery cost without insurance in the country.
German specialists are among the world’s leaders in high-quality management and patients’ safety. Doctors’ reputation also influences the stomach band surgery cost.
India is the 3rd most obese country in the world. Due to this fact, surgeons here have vast experience and high level of qualification. Indian doctors are among the best ones specialized in gastric band abroad. They undergo international training and cooperate with their foreign colleagues.
How much does lap band surgery cost in Indian hospitals? India is one of the most affordable countries for bariatric procedures. The stomach band surgery cost in India is 3-4 times cheaper than in European and Middle East countries. The quality of the procedure is on the same level. The low costs rely on the state’s economic development and common price policy within the nation.
Thai medical centers are among the best ones for gastric band abroad. High-quality of services, reasonable prices, and vacation are combined in Thailand. Clinics here look like the luxury resorts. That’s why over 1 million international patients choose the country for treatment.
How much does lap band surgery cost in Thai hospitals? The prices here are 35-75% lower than in Germany, Australia, Israel, the USA, etc. Doctors offer weight loss packages and programs. It helps patients to save up to 70% of their money. That’s why the stomach band surgery cost in Thai clinics is lower than in the other ones.
What does the surgery cost include?
The price of the gastric band usually involves:
- consultation with a specialist before and after the procedure
- the surgery itself
- in-hospital stay.
Some hospitals include the transfer from/to an airport and meals in the stomach band surgery cost. Specify this info before choosing a clinic.
What factors do affect the price of stomach banding?
- Location of a hospital. The gastric band cost varies in different regions due to the economic policy and average living wage. So, you will spend 3-4 times less money and save up to 75% in Asian countries like Thailand or India. The lap band price also may differ from city to city — the more significant metropolis is, the higher the cost is.
- Surgeon's experience. High qualification of a surgeon plays an essential role to avoid unfavorable complications and side effects. Study doctors' CVs to choose a surgeon with vast experience. Highly-skilled specialists practice in the best clinics worldwide and cooperate with their international colleagues to provide the most innovative methods.
- Presence of related diseases or complications. If you have some illnesses related to obesity, you probably will be prescribed some additional procedures that may increase the gastric band surgery cost. Moreover, in severe cases of obesity, some patients face complications after the procedure and need other surgery. This option also boosts your expenses.
How to save your money on the surgery?
- Choose country near your native one. Usually, flight tickets to the far places are expensive enough. If you want to cut down your expenses significantly, choose a clinic in that state where it is cheaper to get.
- Choose a country that provides a lower cost for the same procedure and services. The lowest lap band surgery cost is represented in Turkish clinics, where the price is 2 times lower than in Spain. You may get two gastric bands in Turkey and only one in Spain at the same price.
- Refuse additional services. A lot of medical facilities offer extra assistance. For example, medical staff often provide patients with excursions, massages, yoga, and other services. Backing out of additional services you may save a significant amount of your money.
Where can you find the cheap gastric band?
If you are looking for the cheapest gastric band, pay your attention to Turkey. This country is among the leaders in bariatric surgery, including stomach banding procedure. The affordable lap band cost is the primary reason why thousands of patients choose Turkey for the operation.
How to choose the best hospital for the gastric band abroad?
Submit a request on Bookimed website. Our Medical Doctor will contact you. S/he will answer all your questions regarding stomach band surgery cost, top bariatric doctors, and clinics.
Bookimed is an independent medical service for searching the best treatment options. The service is free for patients.
How much does gastric band cost ?
Doctors calculate the cost of the gastric band individually for each patient. The price may depend on the hospital's reputation and doctor's experience. You may get the final gastric band cost only after the consultation with a doctor.
45 clinics are represented in the ranking. According to their data, the approximate gastric band cost is:
- The average cost is $8900. The lowest price is $5000 and the highest — $14200.
The best hospitals for the gastric band abroad are presented in the list below. People with obesity and related problems (diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc.) choose the stomach banding for the treatment.
The ranking is formed according to patients' reviews and Bookimed managers’ expert opinion.
How much does lap band surgery cost? The price for the gastric band varies in different countries and cities. The lap band surgery cost without insurance includes consultation with a doctor and the procedure itself. The cost depends on surgeon’s fee. The starting price for the procedure is $5,000.