How much does laser hair removal cost ?
The average price of laser hair removal is $220, the minimum price is $30, and the maximum price is $800.
|Laser Hair Removal||from $150||-||-|
- Below average
- Above average
Highly rated Laser Hair Removal clinics by real patients
The hospitals ranking is based on 10458 requests, 289 patient reviews, prices, and information from 28 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Best Laser Hair Removal Doctors
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a procedure when the extra hairs are cleared away by means of hair follicles destruction with the laser beam. The procedure is among the most common cosmetic services in the world.
What are the kinds of laser ?
There are 3 main types of devices that help get rid of the unwanted hair:
- alexandrite — can be of two types: contact and non-contact. This laser is contraindicated to use in the summer and after suntanning to avoid burns.
- diode — the procedure using this laser is quite painful. Works well with dark hair on fair skin. Cannot be used for hair removal, if you have a suntan because it leads to burns. Also, a diode laser can leave a burn on dark skin.
- Nd-YAG (neodymium) — allows specialists to remove small vessels that nourish the follicles, remove dark and light hair. The laser is non-contact and does not contact the skin. The procedure with this type of laser almost does not cause pain.
What is the laser hair removal process?
- The beam acts on the hair follicle and heats it to a certain temperature
- the follicle is destroyed and the vessel that feeds the follicle is sealed
Laser hair removal takes 20-30 minutes. After the procedure, the body pushes the follicle out and the hair does not grow.
But hair cannot be removed forever. Hair grows always and everywhere, but laser hair removal reduces its amount significantly. If you have 100% of hair, then after a course of laser hair removal and a couple of years of support, you will have only 10%.
After the procedure, hair grows slowly, becomes thinner, and almost invisible. You can shave undesired hair off and forget about it for a month.
Is laser hair removal safe?
Laser hair removal is completely safe and does not cause side effects if a person follows all recommendations before the procedure. The course of laser hair removal can be conducted at any age, starting at the age of 18. The most common contraindications are pregnancy and breastfeeding, cancer, keloid scars, tattoos, open wounds, and so on.
Does the procedure cause pain and burns?
Burn and pain during laser hair removal are possible if the procedure is carried out by a non-qualified specialist. The most common reasons that can cause a laser burn are:
- the laser parameters are not correct — before turning on the laser a specialist did not check what power the device was set
- a fat cream applied to the area where the hair removal is done
- performing the procedure several times at one and the same place
- a burn can possible on the face if a person did not wash off the foundation before the procedure
- performing laser hair removal with diode and alexandrite lasers on tanned skin.
Does laser hair removal increase the risk of cancer?
Laser hair removal is a completely safe option. The risk of skin cancer increases because of exposure to sunlight without UV protection, especially if there are neoplasms on the skin. Therefore, experienced specialists never affect moles during laser hair removal.
How many procedures are required to get rid of hair completely?
Laser hair removal can be performed on any part of the body, including the face and sensitive area of a deep bikini. The procedure is carried out in a course until the desired result achievement and complete termination of unwanted hair growth. The number of procedures is different for each person because of the individual characteristics of skin and hair.
What are the advantages of laser hair removal ?
Among the advantages of hair removal with a modern diode laser are:
- high speed
- highest efficiency
Is it possible to get laser hair removal in the summer?
It depends on the laser device used in the clinic. Most lasers are really not compatible with ultraviolet radiation and there is a risk of burns and hyperpigmentation. Besides, such lasers are not able to work on tanned skin and fair hair.
The only device that can be safely used at any time of the year and on the skin of any phototype is a diode laser, which works less aggressively than most lasers. Due to the precise effects on target cells and melanin located in the hair and skin, this type of laser is not able to cause burns and pigmentation.
What should you do before laser hair removal to get the maximum effect without pain?
8 hours before laser hair removal, it is necessary to smoothly shave the skin in the hair removal zone. Laser hair is burned during the procedure, so long hair can leave burns on the skin. If you plan to do the procedure with a neodymium laser, you can sunbathe, but it is advisable to shave your hair two days before the procedure.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.