Immunologist, Pediatric hematologist, Pediatric oncologist
24 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Italian
Online Consultation with Pediatric Hematologist
Medical procedures Included
Video or Text Consultation
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Doctor Alessandro Aiuti is Head of the Pediatric Immunohaematology Unit at the San Raffaele Research Hospital in Milan. He is University Professor, researcher in haematology, immunology and paediatrics, particularly in primary immunodeficiencies and gene therapy for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency due to the lack of Adenosine Deaminase (ADA-SCID) and Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome.
- Since 2014 — Head of Pediatric Immunohematology Unit at IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele
- Since 2011 — Head, Pediatric Clinical Research Unit, SR-Tiget
- Since 2009 — Coordinator of clinical research, SR-Tiget
- Since 2007 — Head of Unit on “Pathogenesis and gene therapy of ADA-SCID” at IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele
- 2007-2014 Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
- 2003-2007 — Head of Research Unit at IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele
- 2000-2014 — Hematologist, Pediatric Clinical Research Unit (SR-Tiget) and Pediatric Immunohematology at IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele
- 2000-2007 — Research Scientist at IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele
- 1997-2000 — Research Scientist at Telethon Foundation.
- 1998 — Medical Faculty at University of Milan — Degree in Hematology
- 1996 — Medical Faculty at University of Rome — Ph.D. in Molecular and Cell Biology
- 1990 — Medical Faculty at University of Rome — Degree in general medicine.
- Since 2014 — Associate Professor of Pediatrics Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele.
Has written oven 180 publications. Provides research and clinical trials in gene therapy in cooperation with the European Union, Telethon Foundation, the Italian Ministry of Education University and Research, Italian Ministry of Health, Fondazione Roma.
- 2014 — National Award “Cultura della Solidarietà” for an outstanding scientific research
- 2010 — Award from AACS of Rome – Special Mention “Heart of Rome”
- 2004 — JOUAN Biotherapy Award for the best clinical research project
- 2003 — Young Investigator Award by the American Society of Gene Therapy
- 1991 — Award from the Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, University of Rome “La Sapienza”, for the best experimental thesis on basic sciences in year
- 1989 — Award from the University of Rome and the Fondazione Sigma Tau for the best research work on basic sciences.