Neurosurgeon, Stereotactic and functional neurosurgeon
33 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Turkish
Has provided over 1,350 surgical treatments for movement disorders and 850 DBS Surgery
Doctor Ali Zirh is world famous neurosurgeon and world renowned neurologist from Turkey. Dr. Ali Zırh graduated from the Hacettepe University School of Medicine in Turkey in 1983. Afterwards, he attended training courses in Germany, Spain, Great Britain, Israel, Belgium, and the USA.
Dr. Ali Zırh’s Specialty
Dr. Ali Zırh specializes in diagnostics and treatment of movement and neurologic disorders. He is an awake brain surgery expert, deep brain stimulation (DBS) in particular. Since 1994, Dr. Zirh has conducted over 850 successful DBS procedures and more than 1,350 surgeries for Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, essential tremor and other movement disorders.
For the outstanding results in the field of neurosurgery, Op. Dr Ali Zırh is honored with numerous prizes as:
- Award of the Turkish Neurosurgical Society
- Scientific, Research and Medicine Encouragement Award
- International Elekta Award
- In 2018, Dr. Ali Zırh at Medipol broke a Guinness World Record for the biggest number of patients after DBS gathered in one place at a time.
Dr. Ali Zırh provides scientific research in neurology surgery. The results of his papers are published in local and international editions as Turkish Neurosurgery Journal, US Advances in Neurology Journal, and many others.
Doctor Ali Zirh and Former Head of Bookimed medical coordinators Ekaterina Potapova at Bookimed office
Membership in organizations
- Neurosurgical Society in Turkey
- American Parkinson Disease Association
- European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ESSFN)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- World Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (WSSFN)
- North American Cervicogenic Headache Society (HACHS)
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- International Neuromodulation Society
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society.