Hematologist, Clinical oncologist
31 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Italian, French
Online Consultation with Onco-Hematologist
Medical procedures Included
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Professor Fabio Ciceri is the Head of the Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit at San Raffaele Research Hospital and the Blood Transfusion Centre. Principal Investigator in Cell and Gene Therapy clinical trials for haematological cancers, immune-deficiencies, neuromuscular disorder.
- Since 2001 — Medical director at the Hematology Division of the Bone Marrow Transplantation and Transfusion Medicine in IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital
- 1995-2001 — Medical assistant at the Hematology Division of the Bone Marrow Transplantation and Transfusion Medicine in IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital
- 1991-1995 — Doctor at the Internal Medicine Division in IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital
- 1990-1991 — Air Force Medical Health Aid specialist at the Medical Clinic in Linate Military Airport (Milan).
- 1989 — University of Pavia — Degree in general medicine and surgery
- 1995 — University of Ferrara — Specialty in rheumatology
- 2001 — University of Milan — Specialty in hematology.
- Since 2000 — Lecturer in Medicine and Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in Vita-Salute University
- Since 2003 — Contract Professor in Hematology at the Vita-Salute University
- Since 2014 — Lecturer in the International Master's Degree Course of Medicine and Surgery at the Vita-Salute University.
Merit Recognition Award at the University of Ferrara
Has over 180 papers published.
- The Italian Society of Hematology
- The Italian Group for Bone Marrow Transplantation
- The Northern Italy Leukemia Group
- The European Blood and Marrow Transplantation Group
- The Italian Group for Adult Hematological Diseases
- The European Hematology Association
- The International Network for Cancer Research Trial
- The International Cardio-Oncology Society
- The European Technology Platform for Nanomedicine.