Dr. Alfaro is a top oral & maxillofacial surgeon from Spain. Heads the Maxillofacial Institute. Is one of the most experienced and skilled orthognathic surgeons in the world.
Dr Alfaro’s specialty
Prof. Federico Hernandez Alfaro is an expert in oral and maxillofacial surgery, implantology, treatment of facial injuries, malformations in the bones, soft tissues of the jaws and face.
He leads the team which has treated over 4,000 patients from over 50 countries worldwide.
Personally, Dr. Hernandez Alfaro provides around 150 orthognathic operations per year.
- Since 1995 — Director of the Maxillofacial Institute at Centro Medico Teknon
- 1987 — The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Murcia — Degree in general medicine
- 1991 — The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Barcelona — Degree in dentistry
- 1992 — The Spanish Ministry of Education & Science — Specialty in oral and maxillofacial surgery
- 2003 — The Faculty of Medicine at La Universidad Internacional de Cataluña (UIC Barcelona) — Doctorate in dentistry
Certified by the European Board of Oro-Maxillo-Facial Surgery
Had trainings in Switzerland, Italy, Mexico, and the USA.
Has written over 120 papers and 4 books with a focus on orthognathic surgery and preprosthetic surgery.
- Since 2018 — Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at La Universidad Internacional de Cataluña (UIC Barcelona).