Professor Fermín Mearin Manrique is a Spanish experienced gastroenterologist with over 40 years of practice. Heads the Digestive System Service at Teknon Medical Center. Founder of Teknon Institute for the Study and Treatment of Constipation&Incontinence.
Prof. Fermin Mearin Manrique specializes in diagnostics and treatment of digestive system conditions. He pays special focus on functional digestive disorders management.
- Since 2001 — Chief gastroenterology specialist at Centro Médico Teknon
- 1991-1998 — Specialist in pediatric gastrointestinal motility in the Digestive Motility Unit in Barcelona Clinic
- 1990-2001 — Medical Supervisor of Blood Unit at the Department of Gastroenterology in General Hospital Vall d’Hebron
- 1986-1988 — Medical Assistant at the Department of Gastroenterology in General Hospital Vall d'Hebron.
- The Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain) — Degree in general medicine and surgery
- Hospital de la Princesa (Spain) — Specialty in gastroenterology
- Leiden University Medical Center (Netherlands) — Training in the Department of Gastroenterology
- Mayo Clinic (USA) — Fellowship in the Gastroenterology Unit.
Dr. Manrique has written over 400 scientific works.
Membership in organizations
- The American Gastroenterological Association
- The Spanish Society of Digestive Pathology
- The Spanish Association of Gastroenterology
- The Spanish Digestive Motility Group at the European Society of Neurogastroenterology and Motility
- The World Gastroenterology Organisation.