Urological surgeon, Urologist
29 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Italian
One of the most influential researchers of the past decade
Online Consultation with Urologist
Medical procedures Included
Video or Text Consultation
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Prof. Montorsi is one of the top Italian experts in urology and andrology. Holds numerous scientific awards. Directs the Urological Research Institute (URI) in Italy. Recognized among the most influential researchers of the past decade.
Professor Montorsi provides treatments of bladder, prostate, kidney cancer with the help of minimally invasive surgery and robotic techniques.
Has provided over 8,000 urology & andrology surgeries.
Has developed his method of vein patching to correct the occlusive vein dysfunction.
- Since 2013 — Scientific Director of the San Raffaele Scientific Institute (Italy)
- Director of the Urological Research Institute (URI) at the Urology Department of the Vita-Salute San Raffaele University of Milan
- 1987 — The Medical Faculty at the University of Milan — Degree in medicine and surgery
- 1992 — The Medical Faculty at the University of Milan — Specialty in urology
- 2017 — The Royal College of Surgeons of England — Honorary fellowship.
- 1998 — The Crystal Matula Award from the European Association of Urology as the Best European Urologist Under 40
- 2016 — The Commander of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- 2018 — The Hugh Hampton Young Award from the American Urological Association for outstanding contributions to the science of urology & urologic oncology (Dr. Montorsi is the first non-American who has received this award)
- 2019 — The Frans Debruyne Lifetime Achievement Award from the European Association of Urology for outstanding contribution to the Association development.
Professor Montorsi has written over 1,000 papers.
The Web Science Group has included the doctor in the list of the most influential researchers of the past decade.
- Since 2012 — Director of the Urology School — The Vita-Salute San Raffaele University (Italy)
- 2008-2012 — Professor of Urology — The Vita-Salute San Raffaele University (Italy)
- 2002-2008 — Associate Professor of Urology — The Vita-Salute San Raffaele University (Italy).
Membership in organizations
- The Association of Academic European Urologists (AAEU)
- The American Association of Genito-Urinary Surgeons
- The American Urological Association
- The Endourological Society
- The European Association of Urology
- The European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM)
- The Italian Society of Andrology (SIA)
- The Italian Society of Urology.