I'm very satisfied with the help that i got from Bookimed and how they made everything easier!! Thank you!
Gerardo Conesa Bertran
Neurosurgeon, Spine neurosurgeon, Stereotactic and functional neurosurgeon, Vascular neurosurgeon, Neurooncologist, Pediatric neurosurgeon, Pediatric neuro-oncologist
36 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Spanish
Director of the Institute of Neurosurgery and Neuroscience in Teknon Medical Centre. • Specialization: - Tumors of the brain and spinal cord (extensive experience in surgery of highly functional areas, brain stem surgery, neurosurgery in consciousness). - Vascular neurosurgery - Surgery of arteriovenous malformations and aneurysms - Neurosurgical treatment of epilepsy - Neurosurgery for Parkinson's disease - Neurosurgery for mental disorders Scientific research: - The origin of speech in the human brain. - Development of computer platforms in augmented reality for planning and performing brain surgery in neurosurgery. - Deep brain stimulation (DBS) in anorexia.
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Dr. Conesa holds a medical degree from the University of Barcelona in 1982. Completed his specialization in neurosurgery in 1990, at the University Hospital de Bellvitge. He defended his doctoral dissertation with honors on the topic "Surgical treatment of neoplasms in the highly functional zones of the central nervous system." Completed a full five-year cycle at EANS, European Association of Neurosurgical Societies.
- Loyola University Medical Hospital, Chicago, USA (1982);
- Massachusets General Hospital de Boston, USA (1989),
- CHR Pourpan de Toulouse, France (1991),
- University of Minnesota Hospital de Minneapolis, USA (1993),
- Washington University Hospital de Seattle, USA (1996).
- 1985-1990: MIR Neurosurgery. Hospital de Bellvitge, Barcelona
- 1990-2003: Doctor of the Department of Neurosurgery.
- Hospital of Bellvitge, Barcelona
- 2003-2007: clinical director. Neurocirugía en Hospital Clínico, Barcelona
- 2007–2020: Director of the Department of Neurosurgery.
- Hospital del Mar, Barcelona
- 2018-2020: director of the neurosurgery department of hospitals.
- Hospital del Mar and Hospital dela Santa Creu i Sant Pau
- 2021: director of the Institute of Neurosurgery and Neurobiology Teknon Medical Centre.
- The European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS)
- The European Union Congress of Neurosurgeons (CNS)
- The Spanish Society of Neurosurgery (SENEC)
- The Walter Dandy Society (Ambassador for Spain 2013-2015).