7 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, German, Czech
Chief physician at the Adult Ward of the Plastic Surgery Clinic of the 3rd Medical Faculty, Charles University and the Royal Vinohrady Teaching Hospital, a certified plastic surgeon, a specialist in microsurgery and replantation, reconstruction and aesthetic plastic surgery.
Specialization and preferred area of activities
Reconstructive plastic surgery
He is mainly involved in hand and facial surgery and the treatment of soft tissue injuries, tumours and congenital defects.
He also provides an entire spectrum of breast plastic surgery procedures ranging from breast enlargement (augmentation), reduction or reshaping to breast reconstruction after removal due to a tumour or a congenital defect. He uses all the latest methods such as the transplantation of the patient’s own fat, breast implants and the most complex microsurgical tissue transfers from the abdominal area.
Aesthetic (cosmetic) plastic surgery
In his private practice, he provides a wide spectrum of plastic surgery procedures specialising in liposuction and breast, abdominal and eyelid surgery.
Education and work experience
After completing his studies at the 3rd Medical Faculty of Charles University in Prague, he acquired his surgical skills at the Department of Surgery, Na Františku Hospital and later also at the surgical clinic of the Royal Vinohrady Teaching Hospital. After completing his general surgery training, he entered the Plastic Surgery Clinic at the Royal Vinohrady Teaching Hospital, which is the largest plastic surgery clinic in the Czech Republic. He gained some of his experience in microsurgery during an internship at one of the world’s most prestigious clinics; the Division of Reconstructive Microsurgery, the Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan.
Since becoming certified in the field of plastic surgery, he has worked as a chief ward physician at the Plastic Surgery Clinic of the Royal Vinohrady Teaching Hospital. He is also involved in teaching activities in the fields of surgery and plastic surgery as an expert assistant.
- 2008 – the completion of his master’s degree in general practice at the 3rd Medical Faculty of Charles University, awarded the title of Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- 2010 – basic surgical training
- 2014 – the certification examination in the field of plastic surgery.
- 2008 – the present – teaching of pre-graduate students at the 3rd Medical Faculty, Charles University, years III-VI in Czech and English
- 2010 – the present - teaching of post-graduate doctors as part of the pre-certification preparation in surgical fields
- 2015 – after successfully completing the selection procedure, appointed to the position of an expert assistant at the 3rd Medical Faculty of Charles University and the Royal Vinohrady Teaching Hospital.
- The Division of Reconstructive Microsurgery, the Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan.
- The Czech Association of Plastic Surgery at the Czech Medical Association of J. E. Purkyně
- The Czech Association of Hand Therapy at the Czech Medical Association of J. E. Purkyně
- The Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery at the Czech Medical Association of J. E. Purkyně.