20 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Spanish
Prof. Joaquim Casañas is a famous orthopedic surgeon from Spain. He is among several specialists in the world who provides nerve surgeries and reconstruction, applies the technique of intraoperative mapping and monitoring during the surgeries on the brachial plexus. The technique builds graphical charts during the surgery to find damaged areas, detect nerves affected and check their functioning. It helps to find healthy nervous tissues and reconstruct the damaged ones.
Prof. Joaquim Casañas’ Specialty
Dr. Casañas is an experienced specialist in hand surgery and reconstructive microsurgery of the nerves. He is a well-known for nerve transplant, nerve allograft developing, neuropathological pain treatment.
He provides unique surgeries for implanting and replacement of the peripheral nerve after muscular atrophy and severe traumas. These surgeries are able to return the motility in extremities.
Among his patients is Dani Pedrosa, a Spanish motorcycle legend.
- Director of the Trauma Department in Teknon Hospital — since 1999
- Orthopedic surgeon and traumatologist in Teknon Hospital — since 1997
- Head of the Hand Surgery Department in Bellvitge University Hospital — since 2007
- Assistant surgeon at the Mayo Clinic (USA) — 2001
- Surgeon at the Avicenne Hospital (France) — 1997.
Bookimed doctor Kamran Abbas-Zade with Professor Joaquim Casañas at Teknon
- The Medical Faculty at the University of Barcelona — medical degree
- Bellvitge University Hospital — specialization in orthopedic surgery and traumatology
- Federation of European Societies — specialization in hand surgery.
Membership in organizations
- The Spanish Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
- The Spanish Society for Surgery of the Hand
- The Spanish Association of Microsurgery
- The European Federation of Societies for Hand Therapy
- The European Wrist Arthroscopy Society
- The International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand.