Prof. Acarli is one of the most experienced liver transplantologists and liver & biliary tract surgeons in Turkey. Heads the Memorial Şişli Organ Transplant Center.
Professor Koray Acarlı has provided over 1,000 liver transplants, including 280 pediatric ones.
According to the doctor's data, his team’s success rates are better in the USA. The first Professor's patient lived for 23 years after the surgery.
- Since 2015 — President of the Organ Transplant Center in Memorial Şişli Hospital
- 2007-2015 — Vice-President of the Organ Transplant Center in Memorial Şişli Hospital
- 2004-2007 — Head of the General Surgery Department, Liver and Biliary Tract Surgery specialist in Memorial Şişli Hospital
- 1993-2007 — President of the Liver Transplant Center at the Medical Faculty at Istanbul University.
- 1987-1991 — General surgeon in Taksim Hospital
- 1986-1987 — General surgeon in Tosya State Hospital.
- 1975-1981 — The Medical Faculty at Istanbul University — Degree in general medicine
- 1982-1986 — The Medical Faculty at Istanbul University — Degree in general surgery
- 1988-1991 — The Medical Faculty at Istanbul University — Associate Professor in Liver and Biliary Tract Surgery
- 1991-1992 — The Liver Transplant Department at the The Mount Sinai Hospital (USA) — Training in liver transplant
- 1999-2007 — The Medical Faculty at Istanbul University — Professor in Liver and Biliary Tract Surgery.
Has written over 70 articles on liver transplantation, pancreatic surgeries, liver and biliary tract tumors.
- 1991-2007— Lecturer at the Department of General surgery, Pancreas, Liver and Biliary Tract Surgery.
Membership in organizations
- The Turkish Surgical Association
- The Turkish Society of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery.