42 years of experience
Doctor speaks Russian, English, Korean, Japanese
Listed among the world’s top 100 gastric and breast cancer surgeons. Was the first surgeon in South Korea who successfully performed the breast conserving surgery.
Dr. Paik Nam-sun is the best breast cancer specialist in South Korea. Is among the world’s top 100 gastric and breast cancer surgeons. The first in the country who successfully performed the breast conserving surgery in 1986. Author of a unique stomach cancer surgery. Heads Ehwa Woman’s University Cancer Center.
Dr. Paik's professional achievements are outstanding. He was listed among the global top 100 gastric and breast cancer surgeons in 2006 by the International Biographical Centre in Cambridge, England.
He became the nation's first surgeon who successfully performed the "breast conserving surgery" in 1986.
Prof. Paik Nam-sun is an expert in the treatment of breast cancer, thyroid cancer, surgical oncology.
- In 1986 — successfully carried out the first breast conserving surgery in South Korea.
- In 1991 — invented a proprietary stomach сancer surgery. It reduces the risk of gastroesophageal reflux disease development.
For his achievements, the International Biographical Center of Cambridge recognized him as one of the 100 best gastric and breast cancer surgeons in the world.
- Since 2011 — Director of the Cancer Center for Women at Ewha Womans University Medical Center
- 2008-2011 — President in Konkuk University Hospital
- 1983-2008 — Director in Korea Cancer Center Hospital.
- 1973 — Seoul National University College of Medicine.
- 2011— New Intellectuals Award from the Committee of the Second Foundation of the Nation.
Author of ‘Paik Nam-sun Stomach Cancer Surgery’ which minimizes the risk of reflux disease development.
Studies new opportunities for breast cancer diagnosis and management.
Membership in organizations
- The Korean Society of Cancer Prevention — President
- The Korean Cancer Association — Vice-President.
Dr. Paik Nam-sun: "A super surgeon is one who not only concentrates on one field for example surgery, but also understands molecular genetics and is a good physician.Having excellent surgical techniques is basic to becoming a good surgeon. Surgeons who stand by patients until they have their quality of life and happiness back. are good ones".