Surgical oncologist, Breast Surgery
22 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Italian
Online Consultation with Mammologist (oncologist)
Medical procedures Included
Video or Text Consultation
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Dr. Gentilini is an Italian expert in breast cancer treatment with over 20 years of practice. One of the most experienced experts in breast cancer management at the European Institute of Oncology. Heads the Breast Unit in San Raffaele Hospital.
Doctor Oreste Gentilini is a specialist in breast cancer treatment aimed to preserve the breasts and lymph nodes. Dr. Gentilini specializes in preventing procedures in women having the high genetic risks of mammary gland cancer development.
Has provided over 5,000 breast cancer surgeries.
- Since 2016 — Head of Research Unit in the Breast Cancer Surgery Department in San Raffaele Hospital (Italy)
- Since 2016 — Head of the SOUND study (Sentinel node vs Observation after axillary UltraSouND) at the European Institute of Oncology of Milan
- 2015 — Director in the Breast Cancer Surgery Department in San Raffaele Hospital (Italy)
- 2012-2016 — Principal Investigator at the European Institute of Oncology of Milan (SOUND study)
- 2007 — Vice-President in the European Institute of Oncology (ESMO)
- 2001-2006 — Senologist's assistant in the European Institute of Oncology (ESMO)
- 1999-2000 — Consultant at the General Surgery Department in San Raffaele Hospital (Italy).
- 1993 — The Medical Faculty in the University of Milan (Italy) — Degree in general medicine
- 1999 — The Medical Faculty in the University of Milan (Italy) — Specialty in general surgery
- 2001 — The NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital (USA) — Fellowship.
Author of over 100 papers on breast tumors treatment. Dr. Gentilini pays special attention to breast cancer management in young women and pregnant patients.
Coordinates the SOUND (Sentinel node vs Observation after axillary Ultra-souND) study — a project aimed to refuse the surgery with the help of early breast cancer imaging diagnostics with following relevant therapy.
Membership in organizations
- EU-BREAST — Founding member and Vice President
- Italian National Association of Senologists and Surgeons (ANISC) — Member of the board of directors.