Prof. Dr. Med. Peter Vajkoczy is among the best neurosurgeons in Germany. Heads the Department of Neurosurgery & Pediatric Neurosurgery at Charité.
Dr. Peter Vajkoczy’s specialty
Prof. Vajkoczy specializes in diagnostics and treatment of cerebrovascular disorders, brain tumors, skull base tumors, spine and peripheral nervous system disorders. Professor Peter Vajkoczy performs functional neurosurgery and pain management procedures.
The neurosurgical team led by Prof.Vajkoczy at Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin performs over 4,000 neurosurgeries per year.
- Since 2008 — The Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- 2003-2007— Assistant medical director in the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Medical Centre Mannheim
- 2001-2002 — Senior neurosurgeon in the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Medical Centre Mannheim
- 1995-2001— Medical resident in the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Medical Centre Mannheim.
- The Young Neurosurgeon Research Award from the World Federation of Neurosurgical Surgeons
- The Hermann Rein Award from the German Society for Microcirculation and Vascular Biology for great achievements in experimental and clinical research in microcirculation and vascular biology
- The Research Award from the German Academy of Neurosurgery.
1988-1995 — The Medical Faculty at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.