Gastrointestinal surgeon, General surgeon
27 years of experience
Doctor speaks Russian, English, German
Dr. Straikov is a top-rated expert in bariatric surgery based in Germany. Treats morbid obesity and carries out surgical diabetes treatment. Medical Director in Sachsenhausen Hospital.
Dr. Plamen Staikov is an expert in surgery, abdominal surgery, minimal invasive pancreatic surgery, bariatric operations. Provides revision surgery before bariatric/metabolic surgery.
- Since 2018 — CEO of the Medical Network FrankfurtRheinMain
- Since 2017 — Medical Director of Sachsenhausen Hospital
- Since 2014 — Senior physician in the Clinic for General, Visceral and Accident surgery in Sachsenhausen Hospital
- Since 2014 — Head of the Obesity Centre in Sachsenhausen Hospital
- 2010-2014 — Head of the Metabolic and Bariatric surgery Department in Hirslanden Klinik in Zurich
- 2008-2014 — Senior surgeon at the Centre for Abdominal Surgery in Hirslanden Klinik in Zurich
- 2005-2008 — Deputy Head of Clinic for General and Abdominal Surgery in Ruppiner Kliniken
- 2004-2005 — Senior physician in Clinic for General and Abdominal Surgery in Ruppiner Kliniken
- 2003-2005 — General surgeon in Clinic for General and Abdominal Surgery in Ruppiner Kliniken
- 2002-2003 — General surgeon in Deaconess Hospital
- 1996-2002 — Assistant physician in the Clinic for Surgery in the National Institute of Emergency Medicine N I Pirogov
- 1995-1996 — Assistant physician in the Department of Radiology in Deaconess Hospital
- 1994-1995 — Assistant physician in the Clinic for Surgery in the National Institute of Emergency Medicine N I Pirogov.
- 1988-1991 — The Medical University in Sofia (Bulgaria) — Degree in general medicine
- 1991-1994 — The Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
- 2005 — The Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg — Specialty in bariatric surgery.
- 2015 — Certified Da Vinci surgeon by DaVinci training center IRCAD-EITS (France)
- 2016 — Certified hernia surgeon by the DHG German Hernia Society
- 2018 — Professorship at the Odessa National Medical University (Ukraine).
An active participant of medical conferences. Provides clinical trials of metabolic surgery, post-bariatric hypoglycemia, gastro-esophageal reflux diseases, laparoscopic liver surgery.
- Honorary Professor at V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University. (Ukraine)
- Visiting Professor at the Odessa National Medical University (Ukraine)
- Director of Teaching Center IBC Oxford for Germany (UK).
Membership in organizations
- The German Society of Surgery
- The Swiss Society of Surgery
- The American College of Surgeons
- The Professional Association of German Surgeons
- The Berlin Surgical Society
- The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- The International Bariatric Club.