Everything was fine, the staff are all very kind and professional, also good value for money. I can't remember all the names but a big thank you to you all and to my coordinator and translator Dilara , tireless worker always available 24/7. A big thank you also to Anton and Darya from Bookimed , I would do it without their help! Regards Massimo
Dr. Rafael Rossel is a world-renowned lung cancer specialist. Doctor Rafael Rossel is «the highest authority in lung cancer in Europe,» — according to the Lancet medical journal, world's oldest and most prestigious medical edition.
He is the Chief Physician and President of the Dr. Rossell Oncology Institute based on Centro Médico Teknon. Doctor Rosell is the Founder of the Spanish Lung Cancer Group. He has numerous awards for his achievements in lung cancer fighting.
Dr. Rafael Rossel is an expert in non-small-cell lung and metastatic cancers treatments. Doctor Rossel is a pioneer of genetic analysis of lung tumors. He uses the results of the analysis to select the most appropriate for a patient treatment. His studies in neoadjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced lung cancer and in metastatic patients became a breakthrough in lung malignancy therapy.
- Since 2014 — Head and Chief Specialist at Dr Rossell Oncology Institute
- 2003-2014 — Scientific Director for Oncology at Catalan Institute of Oncology, Hospital Germans Trias I Pujol Badalona
- 1983-2014 — Director of the Medical Oncology Service at Catalan Institute of Oncology, Hospital Germans Trias I Pujol Badalona
- 1977-1983 — Head of the Medical Oncology Department at Hospital General Ntra Sra de la Esperanza
- 1973 -1976 — Medical Resident in Oncology & Hematology in Barcelona Red Cross Hospital
- 1972 — Medical assistant at Hospital Clínico de Barcelona.
Dr. Rossel has over 10 awards. Among them are:
- The Raymond Bourgine Award for exceptional achievements in cancer research from the International Congress on Anti-Cancer Treatment (ICACT)
- The Hamilton Fairley Award for studies with translational research and clinical trials of novel medicines in patients with lung cancer from the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- The Asclepios Award as a research pioneer in lung cancer treatment from the Bonnie J Addario Lung Cancer Foundation.
- 1972 — The Medical Faculty at the University of Barcelona — Degree in general medicine
- 1977 — The Medical Faculty at the University of Barcelona — Specialty in hematology
- 1979 — The Medical Faculty at the University of Barcelona — Specialty in internal medicine
- 1982 — The Medical Faculty at the University of Barcelona — Specialty in medical oncology.
Dr. Rossell conducts research in new cancer treatments. He has written over 600 articles and taken part in over 800 medical conferences.
Membership in organizations
- The Spanish Lung Cancer Group — Founder
- The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
- The European Society for Medical Oncology
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology
- The European Thoracic Oncology Platform.
What is the best time to call you?
Select time to call
Your request has been submitted successfully Our Doctor-Coordinator will contact you in the short term
Что-то пошло не так! Попробуйте еще раз
- Medical coordinator will contact you within 30 minutes
- Medical coordinator informs you on all treatment options
- No hidden or extra fees
- Transfer and accomodation assistance