35 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, German, Italian, Spanish, French
Professor Raimon Miralbell is a world-renowned expert in radiation oncology, prostate cancer in particular. Cooperates with CERN (The European Organization for Nuclear Research).
Professor Raimon Miralbell specializes in focused radiosurgery (Gammaknife, Cyberknife, SIRT, IMRT), prostate cancer treatment with radiotherapy.
- Since 1999 — Head of the Radiation Oncology Department at Centro Médico Teknon
- 1979-1984 — The University Hospital of Sant Pau (Spain) — Degree in general medicine, training in radiation oncology
- 1983 — The Radiation Therapy Department in the Royal Marsden Hospital (UK) — Training
- 1985 — The Radiation Oncology Department at the City of Hope National Medical Center (USA) — Internship
- 1987-1989 — The Harvard Cyclotron Laboratory (USA) — Research fellow.
- 1997 — The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Geneva (Switzerland) — Doctor in medicine and surgery.
- Varian Award for Radiation Oncology of the Swiss Society of Radiobiology and Medical Physics
Has written over 100 scientific publications. Provides studies of image guided radiotherapy, advanced prostate cancer treatment in the elderly, proton therapy.
Membership in organizations
- The Swiss Society of Radiation Oncology.