Professor Rainer Porschen is one of the best rated gastroenterologists in Europe. Included in the TOP 100 doctors of Germany regarding the treatment of GI lesions according to the rating of Focus magazine. Takes part in the development of German guidelines for esophageal cancer treatment.
Professor Porschen specializes in the treatment of gastrointestinal (GI) tract tumors.
- Since 2000 — Director of the Clinic for Internal Medicine in Bremen-Ost Clinic (Germany)
- 1987 — Researcher at the Hematology Department at the MD Anderson Cancer Institute (USA)
- 1984 — Research associate at the Gastroenterology Department at Heinrich Heine University (Germany).
- 1973 — The Medical Faculty at Aachen University
- 1980 — Jülich Research Centre.
- 1989 — Clinical Award for Gastroenterology
- 2005 — The Merit Award by the Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium for scientific achievements in metastatic colorectal carcinoma.
Make an appointment
Doctor's consultation on average takes 1 hour. During this time the doctor examines a patient and studies their medical history and results of previous diagnostics. Dr. Porschen can prescribe additional tests to choose the best treatment method.
To get an appointment with Prof. Porschen, submit a request on the website. Bookimed coordinator will contact you to adjust a convenient time and date of the consultation.
Get a Second Medical Opinion
You don’t need to visit Germany for the consultation. Prof. Rainer Porschen provides remote consultations. If your diagnosis and treatment plan are in doubt or you want to receive recommendations from a well-known gastro specialist, get a second opinion.