Surgical oncologist, Gastrointestinal surgeon
36 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Italian
Online Consultation with Oncology Surgeon
Medical procedures Included
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Professor Riccardo Rosati is the Head of the Gastrointestinal Surgery (GI) Department in the San Raffaele Research Hospital. Leads one of the most recognized “High Volume Centers” for esophageal surgery in Italy. His department has extensive experience in open and minimally invasive surgery of the digestive tract, especially in the field of foregut and large bowel diseases. The hospital department headed by Professor Rosati treats approximately 2,000 surgical cases per year.
- Since 2014 — Head of the Head Department of GI Surgery at Ospedale San Raffaele in Milan
- 2009-2014 — Founder and Director of University Center for Research and Care of Esophagogastric Diseases (CURE) in the International Medical School, University of Milan
- 1996-2014 — Head of the General and Minimally Invasive Surgery Division in Humanitas Research Hospital
- 1985-1996 — Surgeon at the General and Oncologic Surgery Department at the Medical Faculty at the University of Milan.
- 1980 — Medical Faculty at the University of Milan — Degree in general medicine
- 1985 — Medical Faculty at the University of Milan — Specialty in general surgery
- 1988 — Medical Faculty at the University of Turin — Specialty in thoracic surgery
- 1990 — National board certification to chair the General Surgery Department.
Has written over 300 publications.
- The American College of Surgeons
- The Italian Association of Hospital Surgeons
- The European Association for Endoscopic Surgery
- The International Society for Diseases of the Esophagus
- The European Society for Diseases of the Esophagus
- The Italian Society of Oncological Surgery
- The Italian Society of Endoscopic Surgery and New Technologies
- The Society for Surgery of the Gastrointestinal Tract
- The European Surgical Association
- The Italian Group for Research on Gastric Cancer.