Şebnem İzmir Güner
21 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Turkish
Online Consultation with Hematologist
Medical procedures Included
Video or Text Consultation
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Dr. Şebnem İzmir Güner is a Turkish hematologist who performs a bone marrow transplant in Memorial Şişli Hospital.
- 2000-2003 — The Internal medicine physician in Istanbul Training and Research Hospital
- 2006-2010 —Founder and Head physician of the Hematology Department in Istanbul Training and Research Hospital
- 2010-2016 — Founder and Head of the Bone Marrow Transplantation Center in Medical Park Bahcelievler Hospital
- 2016-2018 — Founder and Head of the Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Center in Kolan International Hospital
- Since 2019 — an oncologist-hematologist and BMT specialist in the Memorial Şişli Hospital in Istanbul.
- 1987-1993 — Istanbul University Medical Faculty
- 1995-2000 — The Department of Internal Medicine at Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty of Istanbul University
- 2003-2006 — The Department of Hematology at Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty of Istanbul University
- 2006-2009 — Marmara University Health Sciences Institute — Administration Master.
Completed the bone marrow transplantation training and participated in the congress organized by the Turkish Society of Hematology (TSH), certified as a specialist in therapeutic apheresis (removal of abnormal blood cells from circulation).
Dr. Şebnem İzmir Güner is an author of 5 medical thesis works, co-author of 60+ medical articles published in international journals and books, 15 reports presented at scientific meetings.
- The Roche Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Award
- The Turkish Hematology Association Industry Awards
- The Hematological Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Symposium Incentive Award
- The 9th National Apheresis Congress Aesthetic Incentive Award.
Membership in organizations
- The Turkish Society of Hematology (TSH)
- The Turkish Society of Apheresis
- The Society of General Internal Medicine
- The Turkish Medical Association.