29 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Turkish
Pioneer in infertility treatment in Turkey. Was trained in the USA and Norway.
Хорошая клиника получила консультацию
Good clinic got a consultation
My husband and I are delighted with the Memorial Clinic and the staff. The work is established, everything is competent, beautiful and of high quality. We did not even feel that another country, everything went easy. We were met from the airport, delivered to the hotel and back. In the clinic with us all the time, even in the operating room there were translators (they are wonderful, positive, attentive cute Nino and Nigar Мы с супругом в восторге от клиники Memorial и от персонала. Работа налажена, все грамотно, красиво и качественно. Мы даже не почувствовали, что другая страна, все прошло легко. Из аэропорта нас встретили, доставили до отеля и обратно. В клинике с нами все время, даже в операционной были переводчики ( они замечательные, позитивные, внимательные милые Нино и Нигяр
Prof. Kahraman is a top IVF specialist in Turkey. The first in Turkey who performed microinjection, surgical sperm extraction, freezing techniques and preimplantation. Heads the IVF Department in Memorial Şişli Hospital.
Doctor Semra Kahraman is an expert in infertility treatment, IVF, andrology and genetics.
She is a pioneer in ICSI, embryo freezing and preimplantation genetic diagnosis for single gene disorders and HLA typing and aneuploidy testing in Turkey. Together with her team provided first in Turkey isolation and establishment of embryonic stem cell lines.
- Since 2000 – Head of the IVF Department in Memorial Şişli Hospital
- 1993-2000 – Head of the IVF Unit in Private Sevgi Hospital
- 1991-1992 – IVF specialist at Klinikk Hausken Oslo (Norway).
- 1981 – Hacettepe University Medical School – Degree in general medicine
- 1989 – Ankara University – Specialty in obstetrics and gynecology
- 2004 – Yeditepe University Medical Faculty – Professorship.
Special trainings at the Cornell University IVF Center (USA), Chicago Reproductive Genetics Institute (USA), Haugesund hospital IVF Laboratory (Norway), Rikshospitale IVF Center (Norway).
- 1996 – Scientific Encouragement Award for work in human reproduction
- 1997 – Scientific Encouragement Award for work in human reproduction
- 2008 – Lifetime Achievement Award from the Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine
- 2010 – Lifetime Achievement Award from the Bayburt Science Education and Culture Association
- 2017 – Star Award from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- 2018 – Star Award from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Kahraman is an author of 150 works devoted to infertility problems. Her research interest is preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), and controlled ovarian stimulation.
Membership in organizations
- The Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis International Society
- The International Association of Private Assisted Reproductive Technology Clinics and Laboratories
- The Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine and Surgery (ÜTD)
- The Turkish Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- The Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- The European Society of Human Reproduction & Embryology.