Pediatric neurosurgeon, Orthopedic spine surgeon
42 years of experience
Doctor speaks Russian, English, Hebrew
Expert in peripheral nerve microsurgery. Applies laser and bioengineering technologies, which are the latest and safest neuroendoscopic techniques.
Shimon Rohkind MD is one of the best neurosurgeons in Israel. He treats both children and adults during his 35-years-old practice.
Professor Rohkind obtained education in different parts of the world, including:
- Canada: the Hospital for Sick Children for pediatric neurosurgery
- Germany: the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus for peripheral nerves surgery
- South Africa: Groote Schuur Hospital for peripheral nerve regeneration and surgical treatment of brachial plexus nerve.
Professor Rohkind is an expert in neurosurgery, spinal surgery, and peripheral nerve microsurgery. He provides diagnostic and treatment of cauda equina syndrome (CES), intervertebral disc protrusions, and spinal disc herniation. For extramedullary and intramedullary tumors he applies minimally invasive techniques. Professor Shimon Rohkind uses modern laser and bioengineering technologies, the latest neuroendoscopic techniques for the most complex operations with minimal risk of complications.
Professor Shimon Rohkind continues studies of neuro spinal disorders treatment with surgeries and sonographic diagnosis of the shoulder girdle disorders. Among his scientific interests is microsurgical morphology of the facial nerve.
Membership in organizations
- Heads the Israeli Society of Laser Neurotechnologies
- World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies.