Orthopedic oncologist, Orthopedic surgeon
43 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Italian, French
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Professor Stefano Boriani is a world famous orthopedic surgeon, author of unique surgical staging system of spinal tumors and tumor resection techniques.
Has performed over 3,000 surgical procedures to deal with spine tumors, spine trauma, infections, and degenerative pathologies.
- Since 2017 — Orthopedic surgeon, Director of Spinal Teaching Program and Head of Spine Tumor Surgery of the GSpine4 Spine Surgery Unit in IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi.
- 2009-2017 — Head of the Department of Oncologic and Degenerative Spine Surgery at Rizzoli Institute in Bologna
- 1996-2009 — Head of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology Ospedale Maggiore in Bologna
- 1996 — Head of the Department of Spine Surgery at Istituto Santa Corona di Pietra Ligure
- 1988-1996 — Senior Surgeon in the Oncologic Spine Surgery Unit at the Bone Tumor Surgery Department at Rizzoli Institute in Bologna
- 1978-1988 — Attending surgeon at Rizzoli Institute in Bologna.
- 1976 — University of Bologna Medical School — Degree in general medicine
- 1979 — University of Bologna Medical School — Specialty in orthopaedics.
Professor at the Post-Graduate School of Orthopaedics at the University of Bologna.
- Has written over 430 research articles on spine and bone oncology research.
- Has invented a Carbon Fiber System for after surgical tumor reconstruction.
- Has developed a unique method of surgical staging of spinal tumors (Weinstein, Boriani, Biagini (WBB) system) — now applied by most spine oncologic surgeons.
- Inventor of original spine tumor resection techniques as:
- En bloc resection of primary tumors of the thoracic spine
- Subtotal and total vertebrectomy for tumors.
Founder of non-profit association in Mozambique which supports medical activities and trains local surgeons.
Honorary Member of the Spine Societies of Israel, Hungary, Columbia, Venezuela.