Colorectal surgeon, General surgeon
20 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Italian, French
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Dr. Thomas Bachleitner-Hofmann is a visceral surgeon at Confraternitaet Private Hospital. The doctor specializes in the large and small intestine, peritoneal, and breast cancer surgery.
- 1993-1998 – The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Vienna, Austria (Doctor of Medicine).
- 1998-1999 – The Internal Medicine Internship Program at Hospital of the University of Vienna, Austria.
- 1999-2001 – The Surgical Internship Program at Hospital of the University of Vienna, Austria.
- 2009 – The Gastroenterology Workshop "Surgery" in Davos, Switzerland.
- 2010 – The Vascular Diseases Workshop and MasterClass in Pontresina, Switzerland.
- 2013 – The ESSO Advanced Course on the Management of Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) after Cytoreductive Surgery in Hamburg, Germany.
- 2015 – The ESSO Course on Peritoneal Surface Malignancy in Manchester, UK.
- 2016 – The Training Course on Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery at Medical University of Vienna, Austria.
- 2016 – 10th International Congress on Peritoneal Surface Malignancies in Washington, USA.
2006-2008 – Research Fellow at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, USA.
Membership in organizations
- The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR).
- The European Society of Coloproctology (ESC).
- The Austrian Breast and Colorectal Cancer Study Group (ABCSG).
Honors and Awards
- Heinrich Treichl Prize for Humanitarian Achievements by Austrian Red Cross (2014).
- ACO-ASSO Award by Austrian Society for Surgical Oncology (2011).
- AACR Aflac Award by American Association for Cancer Research (2008).
- Theodor Billroth Prize by Austrian Surgical Society (2007).
- Prize of the City of Vienna for Innovative and Interdisciplinary Cancer Research (2003).
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Karl Fellinger Prize (2002).