Neurosurgeon, Stereotactic and functional neurosurgeon
31 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Hebrew, Italian, Arabic
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Prof. Yigal Shoshan is an experienced neurosurgeon with over 20 years of practice based in Israel. Heads the Neurosurgery Dpt at Hadassah Medical Center. Clinical researcher. Was trained in the USA.
- Since 1995 — Neurosurgeon at Hadassah Medical Center. Current Head of the Neurosurgery Department.
- 1998-1999 — Clinical Fellow at the Neuro-oncology/stereotactic & Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Department in Cleveland Clinic (USA)
- 2000 — Visiting Professor at LINAC Radiosurgery Unit in New Jersey City University Hospital (USA).
- 1987 — The Medical Faculty in the Israel Institution of Technology — Degree in general medicine
- 1995 — Hadassah Medical Center — Specialty in neurosurgery
- 1996 — The Certificate by the European Association of Neurological Surgeons.
- Since 1995 — Lecturer in Neurosurgery at Hebrew University Medical School
- Has written over 50 papers in neurosurgery.
- Provides clinical study of medicines for patients suffering from severe head injury and brain tumors.
- The Israeli Medical Association
- The Israeli Neurosurgical Society
- The Israeli Neurotrauma Society
- The Israeli Surgical Society
- The Israeli Neurosciences Society
- The American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- The Society for Neuro-Oncology.